Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#127826 01/07/10 05:55 PM
K
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
K
just saw on the ccu website that coach naraine is not being retained for next year; the contract is not being renewed. he had a strong record but never made the ncaa tourney

so that job is open on the women's side-intersting to see who they get!

Brace
Brace
WOW!!! I wonder what happened there? Any insight?

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Only a guess, but I think the new AD is trying to put his stamp of the athletic program.

C
throw in
throw in
C
How should that affect his 94 ODP coaching position?

K
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
K
i would not think this would impact odp unless they only want college coaches on staff; he has a ton of experience coaching college and other places...but that is up to odp

unless he gets a new job and leaves the state-it would affect odp

K
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
K
if anyone is interested there is a article in today's sun news paper about coach naraine being let go...

Brace
Brace

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
He told me he made a little less than $50,000. I guess the new AD determined that RO Don't Know Soccer.

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
H
kick off
kick off
H
New AD was only consulted as he has not started yet. Word around the school is the SWA was the issue. She listened to players whine about him, practice sessions, etc. Had a good record and kids went to class.

I just wonder after looking at it if it is not an issue of wanting more female coaches. New softball coach is female, maybe golf coach.

If they only interview Srs. when they are heading out the door...not a good thing. Then again if things are so bad why did they stay. Seems like very few upperclassmen transferred out the last couple years.

K
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
K
they may want more female coaches but then they had offer the job to 2 people prior to Ro and they turned it down, and it was offered to Ro. interesting they determined ro's fate on players input and that is what made the change-he was winning and had a solid record. hope they get a good one and the team prospers...has anyone heard if they are losing players b/c of the change in coaches? plus, they let him go right before signing day with no asst. coach-smart!!! now they may lose all their recruits

H
kick off
kick off
H
Talked to a former player, she was a Sr his first year and was on the team when he was an asst. and is still around the school. So far she said that she has not heard of anyone transferring for "soccer reasons." Her perception was that the unkown was a concern for some players. The rising Srs have to live with it and the younger players will see what it looks like with new coach in the Spring. She thought recruits that had offers would be retained but wasn't sure they would still come.

A lot of people around there are trying to figure out why the new AD would have allowed it for the reasons stated and not come in and evaluated everybody himself. I don't think one more season would have done much harm. One thing I found interesting, Coach Naraine had a 3.0 requirement for players to opt out of study hall, the players were told that it would be 2.7 which I understand is the athletic standard. Nice job CCU, fire a coach and "lower" a standard.

H
kick off
kick off
H
One more thing she said was that she would not be surprised if the former asst was in the running for the job. She was a head coach in NC (D3 I think)and was the head coach at a D2 in NY last year. She thought it would be a nice step given the situation as far as knowing the school, the conference and the players. Then she would have to prove herself on the field.

K
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
K
regarding a new coach-there was no asst. and it was a guy. if you are talking about his asst. the past few years, she left for a head job at her alma mater in july/august. Unless he got one when the guy quit and brought in a volunteer..but i think ro was on his own in the middle of the season this year. He was foreign i believe; if you are talking about asst. she was a head coach at lees-mcrae d2 and is head coach at a d3 school now;

i agree with you, why is he the one that got pinpointed. there are a few coaches there that need to be evaluated more than ro...but it is ashame that the recruits won't have a coach and they need to make a decision b/c no one is talking to them about the changes i assume...is the ad or swa calling these recruits to ensure they come...that is one thing ro was great about-recruiting! he got lots of girls to come to ccu on scholarship or no scholarship...

the next coach better do really well or they will be on the hot seat quick if you look at what ro did

H
kick off
kick off
H
Any word on whether they have started the phone screening process or not? Do they form a small committee for this type position? Seems to me they would have received plenty of apps that meet their qualifications in 3-4 days since posting. At this rate they may not get to the on campus visits until Feb.

Do they have a Spring schedule in place or did that go out with Ro?

H
kick off
kick off
H
Was just told that Coastal had 3 coaches coming on campus next week. 2 current head coaches and an assistant. Not fair to their players/recruits to name names...IMO. No one from the Big South. One HC surprised me a little. Seemed to be good choices for Coastal.

H
kick off
kick off
H
Tammy D from Western Carolina, Becky F from Tenn Tech and the female asst from Akron were all on campus last week. Tammy was supposedly at Ball State. I understand Coastal was going to make offer Fri/Sat.

throw in
throw in
Has Tammy been let go from WCU? Other than location why would she want to go from the SoCon to Big South?

Nothing is Impossible
D
kick off
kick off
D
I know for a fact that Tammy has not been fired from Western. I also know that the situation at Coastal is far superior then what she has at Western. The salary and budget at Coastal is leaps and bounds over Western making her accomplishments at Western even more impressive. Coastal is fully funded so it is amazing that the former coach could not do better. Tammy will win there without any problems.

Therefore, it is obvious why she would want to leave Western: better pay, better budget, better scholarships and a chance to win a conference championship after winning a couple at Western.

She is by far the best pick for the university.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
tammy d was also an asst. for several years at unc-wilmington and i know did a good job up there...she would do real well at coastal if chosen; she has done well at wcu in a strong conference for women's soccer..

Coach Chickering
Camden High Soccer
H
kick off
kick off
H
Coastal is not fully funded. Better salary and budget is true. As for the former coach I believe until this year he won the conference twice and lost in the finals of the tournament twice. Not sure she is a good fit for Coastal. Also think it is short term.

I have no problem with her or anyone looking for a better situation, but look at her roster and the numbers that she is losing. Seems to me she may be running from a situation that is not very good and is compounded by the fact that the SO Con changed to a 4 team playoff. (heard they may go back)

Why then Ball State? Cullowhee is one thing....but Muncie Indiana?

Last edited by Headball; 02/01/10 03:19 AM.
K
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
K
No matter they better hurry on both coastal and winthrop jobs-wed. is signing day and they could be losing recruits!!! not smart in taking their time to hire a coach...there are lots of people who could coach these programs.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Tammy going to Coastal. Her assistant at WCU will be going to Carnegie Mellon.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Posts on NC-soccer web site say that Tammy D from Western Carolina has accepted the CCU position. If true, I pity the remaining CCU players.

U
throw in
throw in
U
gunners04, why do you pity the existing ccu players?have you played or have a sibling that's played for the new coach?just curious.

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
From Josh Hoke's blog in the Sun News:

CONWAY | Coastal Carolina hired Tammy DeCesare as the third women's soccer coach in school history Tuesday.

DeCesare, who spent the past five seasons at Western Carolina, replaces Rohan Naraine, whose contract was not renewed after one of the most successful three-year runs in school history. She was 58-36-13 with the Catamounts, who won the 2005 and 2008 Southern Conference championships and appeared in the NCAA tournament.

Western flourished both athletically and academically under DeCesare, earning academic awards from the National Soccer Coaches Association of America in each of her five seasons. From 2006 to 2008, her players had a combined GPA of 3.39 or better.

Before taking over at Western, DeCesare was an assistant for six seasons at UNC Wilmington. She was the head coach at Hamline University during the 1998-99 season before leaving for UNCW. DeCesare was a four-year starter at Division II Catawba College and played two seasons of semiprofessional soccer before becoming a coach.

H
kick off
kick off
H
I was told she has a high turnover of players. I know players leave for all reasons so who knows what the real story is. I did a quick look at the previous signing classes and compared to the current roster and with the exception of the Sr class it seems to stick.

1st number is what the press release says, second is if they are still on roster:
Seniors 13/9
Juniors 12/5
Sophs 11/4
Frosh 6/4

I probably should have checked a little closer before posting but I think I am pretty close.

That Jr and Soph class is troubling.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Been quiet since the coaching change at CCU took place. Any word on how the transition is going?

U
kick off
kick off
U
Spoke to a now former player on the team who just quit today. They have had a number of players quit, at least 6, if not more, many of whom blame their leaving on the coaching change and how ridiculous this new coach is.

U
throw in
throw in
U
ridiculous? in what way?

U
kick off
kick off
U
Overkill on training, fitness tests, academic requirements (needing a 3.5 to get out of study hall). Apparently taking all of the fun and enjoyment out of the game for the players.

brace
brace
Tammy D is a mega winner. Nothing else makes the cut. Sometimes when you win it all like she has at WCU, you have to take another challenge to keep life interesting.

Guarantee you that wherever she goes, they will win. I love winners.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Well said ROH.
I am sure Tammy outlines during the recruiting process what she expects of her recruits. Recruits make an official visit on campus and 'hang out with the players'. During this time prospective players hear the team perspective of the coach, his/her training, fitness tests, classroom expectations etc. So this should not become a surprise when they enroll at the university/college.
I do think the priorities of some women soccer players change as they get to a university/college. They have played club since 4th grade and achieved the pinnacle of their goals and expectations - a scholarship and then life changes because most do not want to play professional nor coach soccer.
Tammy is known around the country as a very good coach, who can motivate players to achieve beyond their comfort level. She is known as a very demanding coach, but a coach that cares about her players and about her program.
If you watch at camp during the summer, she connects with players. She demands them to bring their best to each session and does not settle for mediocre. Coastal Carolina is very lucky to get her and she will develop a winning program over the years.

L
Goal
Goal
L

"taking all of the fun and enjoyment out of the game for the players"

some of you get on here and talk about the important of players having fun playing, playing with friends and love of the game and then support a coach that is doing the exact opposite.

world cup
world cup
You have to know exactly what you are buying into when you choose to play at a college soccer program. I feel sorry for players who are in a "comfortable situation".....and then the coaching change comes about.

The college soccer experience should be "fun", but at the D1 level you are being compensated for your effort. Winning matters. If the new coach wants to raise the bar, you better be prepared to step up.

What one person sees as a "demanding, motivating, successful coach"....others see as a fun-sucker.

Know what you are getting into before before you sign your LOI.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
U
kick off
kick off
U
I was just giving you guys direct word of what was said about the coach and her requirements and the corresponding reaction from the players. Dorman, you make a good point, but these players didn't sign up to play for this coach, and apparently this is what has upset the balance so much.

I think Hurst66 signature says it all really.

brace
brace
Quote:

I think Hurst66 signature says it all really.

His signature is right on the money for "kids" but remember we are talking about payed Adults, do not think college athletes are anythings less.

A new coach is like a new boss in the "real" world. "What have you do for me lately?", is a fact we all have to face at some point. You are right they did not sign up for that kind of program, but the coach did not sign them up either.

If they can not handle the new program then yes they should standup and walk away, but I think it unfair to the coach to look back over your shoulder and complain as you walk away. Time will tell if the coach is crazy like a fool or crazy like a fox! Beside who know if you were a coach in a troubled program and wanted to clean house how would you do it?? I might (just maybe) get real hard a** on some players and see who could not take the heat. Goes back to the real world too seen in the work place many a time.

world cup
world cup
Chief,

No doubt, you often need to clean house in order to change the culture. Question is.....did the culture need to be changed at Coastal Carolina?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
brace
brace
I guess I would have to say, it did if the coach thinks it did.
Afterall she is the one whose continued sucess is based on the culture/climates she sets. The players would all be gone in a year, two or maybe three but she will (at least I would think she hopes to be) still be there trying to make it work her way.
Funny thing about being a boss or a coach, is that most (even the greatest) tend to only do it thier way. They know how to get sucess and thats how they do it. Not saying you have to be ridgid about everything but overall they want it done how they "think"(read as know) it will get the job done with the best results.

U
kick off
kick off
U
While i agree to some degree with your points Chief, part of playing soccer in college, as I can attest to having just finished my collegiate career, is enjoying what you're doing. Keep in mind that many of the athletes are only on partial, if any, scholarship at all, considering how many players are on the roster and how many scholarships are actually awarded. No matter how much money you may be getting, if you hate your job, you're not going to do your best in it, or think it's worthwhile, which is apparently why a lot of these players left. Like you said, though, we will see how things turn out as far as whether or not the attitude and approach the coach is taking will pay dividends.

brace
brace
I do think that player who have had to under go a coaching change should have some way of regaing their year of eligibility should they choose to transfer. Those who are doing it without scholarships are the ones with the love for the game and I can feel bad for them but if they want to be one the team they have the least room to complain. Maybe if they make the changes the coach wants they will win and the point becomes mute as they see a payoff?

S
goal
goal
S
Just finished talking to my daughter a D-1 player at a big school. A standard practice last week consisted of 40 100 yard sprints, each to be completed in under 17 seconds with a 40 second break between each sprint. If a single player missed the 17 second time mark the whole team repeated that sprint. The team ended up running over 60 sprints that morning. Trash cans were placed on the field for when players got sick. And yes this is a coach that some of the players didn't sign up for, as far as my daughter, she actually enjoys the tough training enviroment.

brace
brace
I played for Jimmy Mc Wallace in high school (basketball). He might have been the toughest coach I have ever known. If we lost (6 times in three years), we practiced quite often for 6 hours. Once, we practiced for three, he said he didn't like it and we started over and did it again, and the started again at around 9:00 pm that night. We got out at 11 if I remember correctly.

My father was in the school parking lot furious. I told him that if anyone saw him I would move out of the house. Everyone was treated equally, and we all became winners.

I learned some major life lessons from Coach Wallace, but the most important was that if you do anything in life, be a winner. It served me well.

I don't use these tactics today with our "modern" kids, but laugh about how great things used to be when you could actually condition young people to do the right thing and to be tough. It didn't kill me.

Sweet: When my daughter went for her visit to WCU with Tammy D, she was told that the important thing wasn't her 100 time but if she could do it thirty times. She almost threw up; I laughed my rear end off. Coach Wallace would have loved it. Sounds like your daughter is in a similar situation. I would probably like your daughter too if she is that tough.

U
kick off
kick off
U
I agree Chief, I'm sure if they win the Big South next year there won't be many complainers.

Feet, Retired, I'm not even going to go there. We'll see how Coastal gets on in the future.

D
Goal
Goal
D
UnitedFan, most of the discussion here has looked at the impact of the coaching change on existing players. Do you know if the timing of events may have affected those committed to signing NLI's last week? I haven't seen anything on the CCU website.

Brace
Brace
My daughter played in the Big South for four years and had a similar coaching change after her freshman year (when they reached the Conf finals). The coaching change was a major difference but something she was well aware of could happen when she signed up to play college ball. Her love of the sport and competitive nature served her well even though the new coach was not her favorite! College players need to recognize that this could happen on almost any campus, especially if not a top tier school.

K
bench
bench
K
According to a club coach that knows Tammy, Coastal honored all NLI's. Under the impression that all signed

D
Goal
Goal
D
Any idea how many are coming in with 2010 class or when a list may be released on the CCU site?

K
bench
bench
K
Sorry, I don't have that info...I'm just third hand info.

D
kick off
kick off
D
The new coach at Coastal, Tammy, is just trying to get rid of some of the players that don't fit into her philosophy. Since CC had to honor all 2010 recruits for at least a year (don't full yourself some will be let go after the season) she has to get rid of other scholarship players to make room for some of her recruits from Western.

It would of been easier to just give her full control to cut whoever she wants rather then make her force people out, but that is what happens in coaching changes.

brace
brace
That would dove tail with my comments. I can not really blame her, she has a job to do and has limited options. The players are in a bad spot but should have known that this could happen. Only thing that seems unfair is the fact that I think 1 they will lose a season of eligibility by transferring, maybe system should allow players to leave with no penalty when new coaches are hired.

Wonder how many who bailed where scholarship players? Have any landed anywhere else to play?

H
kick off
kick off
H
Let me start by saying I believe the top of the SoCon is year in and year out stronger than the Big South. IMO, after that it is the old "on any given Sunday."

Yes Tammy has led WCU to 2 NCAA appearances. I believe the 1st was in her 1st year after the team had a bad season. Her 2nd was by winning a couple of games in the tournament on PK's after not having a great regular season. The difference in womens soccer at this level is one year a game you win 1-0 turns to a 0-1 loss the next. Still getting to the tournament is the goal. IMO, The SoCon has the ability to get more than one team in the NCAA's. The Big South will not.

As for Tammy being a better coach than Rohan...maybe. In his 4 years he won the reg season twice and lost in the tournament finals on PK's once and lost 2-1 with a handball in the box giving Radford a PK. It happens at this level. I think last year the 7/8 seeds played in the BS finals and most of the games were OT and PK's.

Last season WCU had 9 Srs on the roster who played significant minutes. CCU had lost their 2 all-time leading scorers and key subs. Tough to compare records and scores in soccer but looking at common opponents last year here is the break down:
Western: Coastal:
Gard Webb-Home 1-0 Home 2-0
UNC-A-Home 0-0 Away 2-0
Elon-Away 0-1 Away 0-1
App State-Home 1-0 Away 0-1

Point is just because you act as a "hard ass," or coach by intimidation, does not make you a better coach.

brace
brace
Headball - GOOD stuff. Lots of real thought. I like this.

Think about this: Give me a coach who is a "hard whatever" who trains their players to be tough due to the environment they are submitted to, and have players who accept that environment. Then, have that coach and their teams win most if not all of their games (80%+). Then, and only then, would I say that most players for that coach and most observers say that this coach was a better coach.

I am not comparing Tammy and the ex-coach at Coastal (don't know that coach). Just making points. It's what old people do.

brace
brace
Bob Cousy (he could play a little basketball) once said:

"Give me a starving, hungry, tough kid with equal talent against a well-fed, average kid any day and the starving, hungry, tough kid will win." I was a kid who was not starved, led a pretty comfortable life, but who learned early on that if I could learn to be tough and MAKE myself stay HUNGRY even when I am old, then things work out better.

I agree 100% with Bob Cousy's statement.

K
bench
bench
K
Just an FYI...soccer players don't lose any eligibility if they transfer as long as they're released from the institution. So, if any of the Coastal players leave, and let's assume at this point will be given a full release - then they can transfer without penalty. So, it's not as bad as it may seem if these players still want to play, but want to do it somewhere else because they don't agree with the new coach/philosophy.

K
bench
bench
K
Headball - you mentioned that Tammy's second championship came after "not having a great regular season". I checked on that and they were 10-1-1 in the regular season for the SoCon that year and beginning with a win over South Carolina the team only lost 3 of it's last 16 games. (one of those losses being to the eventual National Champions of UNC in the first round of the NCAA's) I don't know either of these coaches personally, but if that's your idea of a "not great regular season"...you want coaches to go undefeated?

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Wow, let's relax and let this woman do her job. Coaching changes are endless in college sports. This is mid-major women's soccer. The Big South gets one team in the NCAA Tournament who then goes and gets beat down by a Top 10, ACC program. It is what it is. But Tammy has been successful and the bad CCU players will quit or leave and the good CCU players will tough it out and compete. They will win the Big South in 2010.

L
Goal
Goal
L
"A standard practice last week consisted of 40 100 yard sprints, each to be completed in under 17 seconds with a 40 second break between each sprint. If a single player missed the 17 second time mark the whole team repeated that sprint. The team ended up running over 60 sprints that morning. Trash cans were placed on the field for when players got sick."

now i know why playing club soccer is on the rise.

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
I know Tammy D personally and she is an outstanding coach. She knows the game and is an excellent teacher of the game. I also know she is hardcore in her approach to coaching as she is with everything else in her life. If the players she has inherited don't like her approach, she won't have them long and will be better off without them. I like her "old school" approach as, imo, it brings out the best in players. If my youngest daughter(12) decides to and is good enough to play in college, I would want her playing for Tammy or someone just like her. At the end of the day they will be successful, have worked hard and know she had a coach that cared about her.

brace
brace
Ditto, Celtic.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Letme:

Sounds like another college coach I know of:

Anson Dorrence!

Sometimes a change in mentality and work ethic is needed to bring about change in results.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Celtic9 - I don't think your former college coach could have said it better!

If I would be a coach in Greenville county, I would contact you today to join my coaching staff!

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
DS- I am unavailable for HS coaching and Greenville is filled with quality coaches much smarter than I, I'm simply here to better the world of futbol with commentary!

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Quote:

Wow, let's relax and let this woman do her job. Coaching changes are endless in college sports. This is mid-major women's soccer. The Big South gets one team in the NCAA Tournament who then goes and gets beat down by a Top 10, ACC program. It is what it is. But Tammy has been successful and the bad CCU players will quit or leave and the good CCU players will tough it out and compete. They will win the Big South in 2010.

In reference to the bad players will leave and the good ones will stay. This quote is from Cosatalfans.com discussing 5am football practices. Looks like Tammy is trying to find out what she has.

"I know 5am sounds terrible. But they do it twice.

Women's soccer has been going 6am 6 days a week since February and will go til May.

Sign me up for two 5ams every time."

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Six days a week? February to May? Doesn't sound NCAA compliant.

K
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
K
as long as it is not soccer oriented she is fine with the training...she knows the rules-she has been around the block a few times

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Being around the block a few times doesn't guarantee everything is done on the up-and-up. Ask Rich Rodriguez at Michigan.

The six sessions can't be more then eight hours and that's not even counting weights, meetings, etc done in those weeks. Also, classes finish end of April and NOTHING can be done inside the last week before exams. Go online....the NCAA manual is actually quite a piece of literature. And, from posts by many people, sounds like coaches should read it more too.

K
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
K
i was a college coach and i know the rules as i had to take the ncaa test and review the manual-it is a large book with alot of rules..

i know not everyone is straight and narrow in the coaching ranks whatever level you play but then again, who is the source that this is what ccu women are doing...did anyone hear this from tammy herself or a ccu player, just not a message board

if anyone questions the legality of it-tell the ncaa and have them check it out...

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Quote:

i was a college coach and i know the rules as i had to take the ncaa test and review the manual-it is a large book with alot of rules..

i know not everyone is straight and narrow in the coaching ranks whatever level you play but then again, who is the source that this is what ccu women are doing...did anyone hear this from tammy herself or a ccu player, just not a message board

if anyone questions the legality of it-tell the ncaa and have them check it out...

OK OK. I didn't mean to get everyone fired up. This was a post from a student, not a soccer player or a coach, regarding a discussion about spring football practice. I posted on this site to show how the new coach had jumped in with both feet and was working the girls. If anyone has questions about hours, days of the week or anything else regarding the program, call the school.

U
kick off
kick off
U
From a current player, the 6 A.M's, 6 days a week is 100% confirmed. They are doing this, in addition to weights 3 times a week. Injured players are doing an additional workout per workout that the team does, PLUS any rehab that they have to do.

Definitely sounds like the NCAA needs to be called in to monitor training hours as with just the 6 AM's and weights alone, the hours almost undoubtedly has to be above 8 hours per week.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
It all depends on dates set by the coach. There is about a 5-6 week period where 20 hours per week is allowed and the rest is eight hours. Except before exams when nothing is allowed. Only Compliance and HC know what's left from the Fall and when/how its being used in the Spring.

H
kick off
kick off
H
Couple of things about Coastal. Was told that they have a nice schedule...KY, NC State, Clemson and then the SoCon schools CofC, UNCW, GA So, Elon. Nice way for the coach to get the program acclimated to a tougher schedule.

Also hear they have almost 20 recruits coming. Several from CA. I guess a mix of her recruits and the old coach.

Coach Rohan is at St Andrews Preby in Laurinburg now.

J
throw in
throw in
J
Here is an interview with Coach DeCesare. Scroll to bottom of page.
Coastal Today

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
"Also hear they have almost 20 recruits coming..."

She always gets a large number each year but 50-60% also leave the first year.

K
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
K
Ro recruits heavily too-so probably they kept his recruits which may have been a large number and then tammy's recruits added on made for a huge recruiting class...they had a large team that she inherited but don't know who left..

wish them the best-tammy is a strong coach!

D
Goal
Goal
D
I've heard Tammy notified team of resignation. Anyone have any accurate info?

world cup
world cup
Wow!

For real?

H
kick off
kick off
H
Actually the SWA notified the team. "Resigning" after one decent season is code for I screwed up. Things are pretty bad there. Word I have is that Western should be ashamed of what when on while she was there. I was told that 80% of her Frosh recruits were going to leave if she was retained. I also heard that a few alums are questioning the AD's judgement and the way this was handled. I'm sure more will follow after the benign "official announcement."

O
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
O
Coach Ro always seemed to have the players' best interests in mind. He didn't do too bad in the W-L columns either. Never will understand the decision to relieve him of his duties at CCU.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
That won't help the resume.

C
Goal
Goal
C

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard