Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Celtic9 - I don't think your former college coach could have said it better!

If I would be a coach in Greenville county, I would contact you today to join my coaching staff!

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
DS- I am unavailable for HS coaching and Greenville is filled with quality coaches much smarter than I, I'm simply here to better the world of futbol with commentary!

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Quote:

Wow, let's relax and let this woman do her job. Coaching changes are endless in college sports. This is mid-major women's soccer. The Big South gets one team in the NCAA Tournament who then goes and gets beat down by a Top 10, ACC program. It is what it is. But Tammy has been successful and the bad CCU players will quit or leave and the good CCU players will tough it out and compete. They will win the Big South in 2010.

In reference to the bad players will leave and the good ones will stay. This quote is from Cosatalfans.com discussing 5am football practices. Looks like Tammy is trying to find out what she has.

"I know 5am sounds terrible. But they do it twice.

Women's soccer has been going 6am 6 days a week since February and will go til May.

Sign me up for two 5ams every time."

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Six days a week? February to May? Doesn't sound NCAA compliant.

K
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
K
as long as it is not soccer oriented she is fine with the training...she knows the rules-she has been around the block a few times

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Being around the block a few times doesn't guarantee everything is done on the up-and-up. Ask Rich Rodriguez at Michigan.

The six sessions can't be more then eight hours and that's not even counting weights, meetings, etc done in those weeks. Also, classes finish end of April and NOTHING can be done inside the last week before exams. Go online....the NCAA manual is actually quite a piece of literature. And, from posts by many people, sounds like coaches should read it more too.

K
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
K
i was a college coach and i know the rules as i had to take the ncaa test and review the manual-it is a large book with alot of rules..

i know not everyone is straight and narrow in the coaching ranks whatever level you play but then again, who is the source that this is what ccu women are doing...did anyone hear this from tammy herself or a ccu player, just not a message board

if anyone questions the legality of it-tell the ncaa and have them check it out...

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Quote:

i was a college coach and i know the rules as i had to take the ncaa test and review the manual-it is a large book with alot of rules..

i know not everyone is straight and narrow in the coaching ranks whatever level you play but then again, who is the source that this is what ccu women are doing...did anyone hear this from tammy herself or a ccu player, just not a message board

if anyone questions the legality of it-tell the ncaa and have them check it out...

OK OK. I didn't mean to get everyone fired up. This was a post from a student, not a soccer player or a coach, regarding a discussion about spring football practice. I posted on this site to show how the new coach had jumped in with both feet and was working the girls. If anyone has questions about hours, days of the week or anything else regarding the program, call the school.

U
kick off
kick off
U
From a current player, the 6 A.M's, 6 days a week is 100% confirmed. They are doing this, in addition to weights 3 times a week. Injured players are doing an additional workout per workout that the team does, PLUS any rehab that they have to do.

Definitely sounds like the NCAA needs to be called in to monitor training hours as with just the 6 AM's and weights alone, the hours almost undoubtedly has to be above 8 hours per week.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
It all depends on dates set by the coach. There is about a 5-6 week period where 20 hours per week is allowed and the rest is eight hours. Except before exams when nothing is allowed. Only Compliance and HC know what's left from the Fall and when/how its being used in the Spring.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard