#12785 05/11/03 09:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the worst field in the state?
--i just played at west florence and i thought that was one of the worst fields i have played on

#12786 05/12/03 12:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the defense of all Florence teams they are at a huge disadvantage. The field is at a stadium designed for football, where all 3 high schools have Varsity, JV, and some B-Team games as well as middle schools also play football on the field. When soccer season comes around the field is destroyed. WF and SF each have a girls team and 2 boys teams that play on the field and Wilson has at least 1 team who plays on it.

You are still correct. It is by far the worst soccer field in the state. It has more dirt than grass, and the grass that it does have is at least 4-5 inches high. The field is designed for football with a huge crown and is only 56 yards wide. The need for each of the Florence schools to have thier own field is one that has plagued the district for years. Hopefully the administration will soon fund athletics in that area so these schools do not have to play on this type of field.

#12787 05/12/03 12:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no field can take the beating that Memorial stadium takes throughout at soccer season and be halfway decent. There are nights that there are three games played on one night there. There are also games played every night of the week between the 3 varsity teams, 2 girls teams, and 1 jv girls team. The same goes for the football season, with the jv and b-team games. We had to play our rivals (South Florence) on a thursday night b/c Wilson had a home game, and we had to have our 1st round playoff game on Thursday b/c there was a game scheduled for Friday, its no secret here in florence and that stadium is horrible. Its outdated and after a while pretty bare. I couldnt believe the goalie box, it was just plain dirt! Me personally, from my house its a little under 30 minutes to play a home game there. From the west side of town. The way things are though, a team like West Florence can't have their own stadium if the other two schools dont have one either. Now do you think that will happen with all of the stuff going on in Florence district 1??? No way.

#12788 05/12/03 12:32 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
THREE HIGH SCHOOLS.. thats insane.

Where is the money going in that district?

#12789 05/12/03 08:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I play at Wilson and we play at Memorial stadium for our home games. About the worst field I think that Darlington's field is much worse. There are alot of weeds. Memorial stadium's field was pretty bad at the beginning with all the dirt and the long grass. But as the season went on it has gotten better. As to our budget and having all the teams play at the same field I believe it is because Wilson does not have a field and the district thinks it is an unfair advantage to allow West Florence and South Florence to play at their own fields. Please correct me if I am wrong even though our school district does not have that much money anyway.

#12790 05/12/03 11:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lexingtons field sucks after rain..

#12791 05/13/03 01:16 AM
M
throw in
throw in
M
i agree, darlington's field is horrible, weeds and holes everywhere.

#12792 05/20/03 07:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to say that either columbia high's or saluda's soccer field are the worst. columbia's you have to run through foot high grass and you have to really kick the ball for it to even move. saluda's field holds water a week after it rains.

#12793 05/21/03 11:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thomas Sumter's field is the outfield to a baseball field and in really tiny.

#12794 05/23/03 02:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didnt see these other fields but irmos field has to be considered among the worst after a rain. But were working on it.

Link Copied to Clipboard