Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
bench
OP Offline
bench
Feb. 1 marks a new season to be played.

There are some underrated and overrated teams coming into this year.

Only time will tell.

Speed kills.
corner kick
corner kick
hfff, hfff
Can you smell it
hfff, hfff

Yup....High School Soccer is almost here!!!

or as BC might say, High Sehool Soccer

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
S
goal
goal
S
That is just weak! I expect more from you Achmed. We are Barry excited about beating BC this year.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

That is just weak! I expect more from you Achmed. We are Barry excited about beating BC this year.

I'm glad you're Barry excited about this year, however Hei'se a very different outcome come March 18.

Good luck to AC Flora this year and to Matt

corner kick
corner kick
It's almost here! what we all wait for!!! HIGHHHH SCHOOOOL SOCCER!!!

corner kick
corner kick
7 years after graduating, been to world cup qualifying games and i still get excited about high school soccer, haha im like addicted to the sport.

Club of the century.
B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Likes - Playing for your school seems to give a different sense of pride.

Dislikes - The refs seem to somehow get stupid between club season and high school season.

R
bench
bench
R
Irmo will bring the ship back to the town it deserves to be in. Thats all that needs to be said.

throw in
throw in
Its gonna be a great year lads! good luck to everyone! Rasta, thats what yall said last year and look what happened! Northwestern will win it again! Alex Martinez is on another level! and i hope its against shmirmo cause there's nothing like seeing crying bleached blond babies! THREEPEAT!

R
bench
bench
R
Your not a lad. Get out of here with that Northwestern crap. The best has come and gone for NW. THAT WAS ENZO. We will see if his dribble happy little brother with be able to make near the impact he did.

throw in
throw in
hey if your gonna start up the irmo crap than you should expect northwestern to be brought up. yeah enzo was the best but alex is the best 4A has this year and his supporting cast like ricky garbanzo he only scored 2 in state last year no big deal and the goalie ryan foster has been one of the best and had the best stats in 4A for the past 2 years.. ok irmo has acree hes good but im sure one of you irmo people will talk about their great JVs comin up when is that gonna be by the way? thats always hilarious and you cant forget padula's long throw oh my gosh that really did so much against nhs last year ..im sure it wont do anything this year either.

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
NW is #1 until proven otherwise. Alex is the boss of South Carolina midfielders until proven otherwise. The reason NW won state last year was because of Alex's dominate midfield play. I do not see that changing this year. Remember what you said last year, and the year before that about Irmo? Both of those teams fell to NW. What makes you think that will be different this year Rasta? Both teams lost significant players and both teams return significant players. NW will be on top at the end of the season. And that's all I have to say about that.

One Time!
R
bench
bench
R
So squanc. lets make a point. How does acree not have a better supporting cast when there are 7 other South Carolina United Academy players, then emmett lunceford and kyle simpson? Oh yeah and those 5 sophomores you are talking about will lead irmo right back to the state championship next year for back to back rings. Who is apart of Alex's supporting cast? Dennis moore and Ricky Garbanzo are the only two that I can remember their names. Rob Sullivan will be the best goal keeper in the state this year. It was a mistake taking him out the second half of the state championship but mistakes happen! Cant wait to see the turn out.

throw in
throw in
thats bold back to back championships wow dont hold your breath for that one... i cant remember any of irmos other players accept for acree and lunceford.. they are good no argument there. the only other one is padula and he is awful he would be a better long snapper than he is a soccer player.. these sophmores better be a bunch of messi's and rooneys or im goin to be very upset with you rasta they better be great! check the stats ryan foster had the best for the past two years for goalies and irmos coach must not have had much faith in your boy sullivan if he got taken out after a half when northwestern didnt even score.

R
bench
bench
R
You make another awful point. Billy Padula is one of the best one on one backs in the state. So you dont remember the 6 academy players? and a 16 academy player? You must not follow soccer to much in this state because I do believe academy is the highest program for youth soccer in the state? correct me if im wrong. And it wasnt that he didnt have faith in rob because i remember the score being 0-0 at half. Im sure coach felt that steven deserved to play when in reality giving up 3 goals in a half of the state championship is never a deserving performance.. Rob will be the best keeper in the state. Believe it.

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Quote:

Rob will be the best keeper in the state. Believe it.

I assume you are saying his senior season he may be among the best - there is no way he will be the best keeper in the state this season. That has to be Robert Bebe from Pinewood Prep/U18 South Carolina United.( No- there is no relation despite my username). In fact I can think of a couple of other keps that don't play for teams as strong as Irmo and don't get the hype that have a bigger upside than Rob. Rob has good reaction and reflexes but his size will probably keep him from ever being the best keeper in the state or realistically from playing big time D1 ball. Also, in the past has seemed a little inconsistent at times. Hopefully playing Academy will change that aspect of his game. From what I've witnessed seems to be a great kid with a good work ethic though.

throw in
throw in
everyone in 4A listen up dont even bother playing this season irmo has academy players!

throw in
throw in
well judging from the last game i saw padula play he and his other center back ran into each other and fell down while enzo went in and scored a breakaway off a defensive clearance

corner kick
corner kick
What is the "magic" date that the teams can start practicing with the ball, hold tryouts, ect...?

Just curious.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
IMPORTANT DATES
A. Schedule Due - February 1
B. First Practice - February 1
C. First Scrimmage - February 8
D. Eligibility Due - Seven days prior to the first regular season match. If a school is
participating in a preseason tournament more than seven days prior to its first
regular season match, the certificate of eligibility must be submitted before
participation in this tournament.
E. First Playing Date - March 8

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
But...
A coach can work with up to 8 players a day. That means you could be practicing with 8 kids every day.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
Goal
Goal
Quote:

. Rob Sullivan will be the best goal keeper in the state this year. It was a mistake taking him out the second half of the state championship but mistakes happen! Cant wait to see the turn out.

Hmmmm....best in the state???? I don't know about that.

You know who gets my vote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZwlZY1ps-g

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
The BC keeper looks like a freak athlete. I do have one point though. He parried 3 or 4 shots from far out that should be easily caught. Maybe something he should work on. But other than that he looked great. I think its hard to pick who the best keeperis though, because the better teams' goalies do not always get a chance to showcase their skills. If they make one mistake, it makes them look a lot worse because they might have only a few opportunities to make a save. Lesser teams' goalies who get pounded on game long have a chance to make a lot of plays. So its hard to say. But the BC keeper should be considered as one of the best, according to that video.

One Time!
B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Quote:

But the BC keeper should be considered as one of the best, according to that video.

Having seen him play in a couple of Palmetto Cups I would defintiely put him in the upper tier for sure. However; let's not base any players ability soley by a video. How many countless hours of video were taken and edited? I'm sure numerous players would have quite the highlight video of the best plays of their careers if they had someone dedicated enough to video and take pictures of game after game. Props to his family or whoever did this for him. I'm sure as he gets older he will find it priceless.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

But the BC keeper should be considered as one of the best, according to that video.

Having seen him play in a couple of Palmetto Cups I would defintiely put him in the upper tier for sure. However; let's not base any players ability soley by a video.

Thanks for the feedback guys, but....actually I didn't put this out there to show the keepers skill, but to show mine

Actually I'm just pumped up about the up coming season!!!!
Can't wait....let's get this party started.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72zXWy6rW18&feature=related

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
D
throw in
throw in
D
This could be one of Irmo's best teams in a long time. "Could be". Very talented returning players (Acree, Padula, Simpson, Lunceford, Sieverding. to name a few) that play as a team, not as individuals. Two good returning keepers, one junior and one senior. As far as the much touted sophomores, look at the JV squad the last two years. Irmo dominated. Competition and speed of play may not be as high as 4A Varsity and is definitely not equal to club, but.... (Wish that JV had an end of season playoff-- but that's another topic). Five current sophomores from last year's JV played Region III Premier League the past two years and two are developmental players with SC United. One of these is an exceptional keeper who can challenge for the #1 spot. Another sophomore played Region III last year and is now full time with SC United. A couple more should have been in the Premier league instead of challenge league this past season. And do not forget the several exceptional upperclassmen from last years JV who will contribute. A lot of talent with experience. If Phil Savitz can work his usual magic, then this should be a very successful season for Irmo Varsity.

R
bench
bench
R
squanc were you even at the state championship game last year? Your an IDIOT! Padula was not involved in Enzos goal. Kyle Hubbard and Trent morgan (a foward) that was playing his first time at center back ran into eachother. Which could be a coaching mistake but savitz is legendary so you cant fault him for that. We will see the outcome. My prediction is that Irmo will be the undefeated champs this year. sorry

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
yet another irmo benchrat talking his team up. Who doesn't remember pinger90 eating his words last year and how funny it was

bench
bench
rasta, i think i remember seeing squanc celebrating with the northwestern players after the dominate performance in last years state title (which irmo failed to win in case you forgot). i could be wrong though....

throw in
throw in
well that just shows how memorable irmos players are i didnt even know he wasnt in the game probably that stupid hair thing they all just looked like little cute bumble bees out there or was it supposed to be intimidating? i never can remember.. i hope irmo goes undefeated until state again so nhs can just beat them again and not like it needs to be proven anymore than it already has but irmo is second best to northwestern the past 5 years

Last edited by squanc; 01/25/10 06:25 AM.
R
bench
bench
R
Like I said. The best has came and gone for NW. Enzo has left the building. Yall need to start realizing that. Along with ferguson who was your best back and is proving it at the college level. Benson was good. All three gone and not replaced. Irmo lost 4 starters and replaced them with kids of equal caliber. Irmo was second to best to NW, because of enzo.

world cup
world cup
Hey, hey....My, my.
Irmo fans will always cry.

This is the story of Trojan soccer.
Enzo's gone but he's not forgotten.
It's better to dye your hair, than it is to bleach.
Irmo Jackets, the state title's out of reach.

(My deepest apology to Mr. Young)

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Rasta, all this talk about Enzo being gone...we get it he is gone. But the reason Irmo was second to NW last year, was because of Alex. Enzo scored the third and final goal to seal the deal. Alex did work all game and absolutely dominated the midfield. So as far as I can see, if Alex dominated last year, and hes playing against the same players this year, well I'd have to say he is going to dominate this year too. Unless of course there is a new player on Shmirmo I should know about. And all this talk about academy players...whoopdeedoo. Who cares? The 06 NW Championship Squad had about 12 players who played for a sub-par DSC team. There is not a huge correlation between a players club team and the success of their highschool team. It all starts with belief and team unity, not how many academy players a team has. These two values are the core of NW soccer. These two things have been the backbone of NW since Wren has been there. Believe me, it will not be any different this year. Don't get me wrong though, it probably won't be a perfect season for NW. But come playoff time, NW will be ready. So keep running your mouth Rasta. I would expect nothing less.

One Time!
J
bench
bench
J
why don't we just wait until the season actually starts to start talkin. NW is obviously won't be as good as they were last year and Irmo lost a few players but I'm pretty sure they have players stepping up that can do the job. I don't know anyone from NW besides, alex, dennis and ricky and i sure know a lot of irmo people so in my opinion Irmo should win the title this year just because they players they have, but they must play as a team in order for it to work

but we'll see what happens

and remember, just play beautiful

throw in
throw in
its a new season but irmo fans are still singin the same sad old song.. every year its irmo is gonna win the ship cause they have all these new kids comin up from jv and they only lost a few starters blah blah blah.. like this year will be any different irmo will get hyped up to have a super squad during the regular season heck maybe even up till they have to face a dominic wren coached team in the postseason; championships arent made by how many great club stars you have the new breed of irmo fans obviously dont know that because yall havent seen a championship in half a decade ..you won't outwork or outheart the trojans as long as dom is still the gaffer enough said.. There's only one Northwestern!

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
probably the reason irmo's jv was so good was because all of the other younger kids were busy playing real high school soccer

corner kick
corner kick
Holy Crap!
Achmed hope not to have to put up with this Irmo/NW CS (camel stuff) again this year.

See Achmed's signature....
(Achmed be watching)

J
bench
bench
J
lets talk about some new teams.
im feelin some upsets this year

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
I'm thinking Fort Dorchester is close to putting it together within the next couple of years.

C
throw in
throw in
C
Who does Fort Dorchester have this year? They lost some key players from last years squad. Randall Eads being probably the most important of those.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
by the way, solid neil young reference earlier

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
O Lets Do It!!!!

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Quote:

Who does Fort Dorchester have this year? They lost some key players from last years squad. Randall Eads being probably the most important of those.

I'm not saying this is their year rather they have some young talent that could develop into something special in the next several years. Ranall's younger brother Wes for one.

J
Brace
Brace
J
You know, I find it amusing that there are both NW haters and Irmo haters. It is a known fact that people hate exceptional programs, no matter what the sport. It is a fact that Irmo dominated, with Wando the 80's, 90's, and early 2000's. NW has benefited from a growing area and well to do socioeconomic class that is moving into its district. This is why Irmo and Wando were so successful in the past decades. What is amazing to me is that for as much as you all give Irmo crap, they put together a solid team year after year. You have to give props for that, but instead we get a bunch of infantile discussions about who's member is bigger than the others. Why don't you just give respect to each team on their own merits. NW has had a strong team for the past 4-5 years, dominated by a great player in Enzo. Irmo has had pretty good teams that have done well....by any standard from any other state.

The one thing that I will say is that is must be nice to live in a state that is so small as to only have a handful of contenders for the state title each year. Be happy that you don't live in a larger state where there are 10-15 teams that realistically have the chance of winning state, and usually the state winner is determined by how healthy your squad stays throughout the season. Just an observation....but if you had a larger pool to play in, with a larger population base, the great teams would still end up with a loss or two.

Good luck on a new season, and it will be interesting to check in every now and then to see the banter going back and forth.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
goal
goal
Northwestern and Irmo will once again be the top two programs in state. Both have tremendous returning talent and stellar coaching. I am looking forward to hopefully seeing these two programs face each other again.

C
throw in
throw in
C
Yeah, I hear his little brother is pretty good. Him and L’Amoreaux are the young talent you're talking about I'm sure, small but crafty. What about their defense?

R
bench
bench
R
Northwestern and Irmo will be in the final again. Okay guys heres my opinion Irmo will win there just to good..........im just kidding guys we all know that Northwestern is going to do work. With the coaching staff they have and the personel, there is just no way..and if you tell me otherwise i would probally tell you to leave the state of South Carolina. Alex Martinez, Ricky Garbonzo, Jeremy Dobbins, and not to mention the rest of the team, everyone is in trouble..Purple is dirty..any other color is poop! get at me....weezy

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Perp by the pound ounce the fifth re-up first and again on the fifth YEAH!!!

corner kick
corner kick
am i the only one that think high school soccer should go elite?

put the best programs in the state and have a real competition with division 1, 2 and 3?

they do that in football dont they?

Club of the century.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard