kick off
G
Not exactly
CESA Charlotte GSA etc.

B
throw in
throw in
B
Traveling all the way to Atlanta? WOW, that is a major committment. Depending on the age group, you are right.

brace
brace
Big Daddy! Sand bagging the Fort Mill girls? They also have a "decent" squad of seniors and maybe a little talent below that. The same girls from FMHS (only lost 1 non-starting senior) will likely get the same result againt the same girls from CHS, unless CHS bring up more new talent the FMHS does. Since the FMHS JV was something like 22-1 I am guessing they are the team bringing up the talent.

L
throw in
throw in
L
From the 2009 class we had three go D1, a Forward to Presbyterian, a Mid to UNC-Ashville, and a Keeper to Tennessee. Two other girls had a D1 opportunity and opted out of college soccer. Two more had D2 opportunities and opted out.

U
throw in
throw in
U
GETOVERIT, Save your gas money. You moved into the strongest area for Club and High School Soccer in SC. My daughter plays CESA premier and we play the top Charlotte and Atlanta clubs several times a year. We beat them, they beat us. There's no advantage to driving that far 4 days a week. CESA premier girls at every age level won state last year. All of the girls on her club team are being looked at by D1 colleges. I would say all of them will play D1 if they choose to. So join CESA and bring your wallet.
In regards to High School Girls Soccer, the strongest high school programs are in the upstate, with the exception of Wando that is in the Charleston area. Our high school won a HS state championship last year with a starting lineup of 2 freshman, 7 sophmores, 1 junior and 1 senior. Our team had 5 CESA premier players and the rest of the team was CESA Challenge players. The strong Club program reflects the strength of the High Schools in that area. If your daughter attends one of these schools:
Mauldin
Riverside
JL Mann
Eastside
Christ Church
there's a good chance she'll have a state championship on her resume before she graduates. The above schools are loaded with CESA "Premier" players. The strength of girls HS soccer in the state by region is as follows.
1. The Upstate
2. Charleston area
3. Columbia area
4. Aiken, N. Augusta area
5. Rock Hill area
Hope this helps.I'm a transplant also, welcome to SC.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Big Daddy! Sand bagging the Fort Mill girls? They also have a "decent" squad of seniors and maybe a little talent below that. The same girls from FMHS (only lost 1 non-starting senior) will likely get the same result againt the same girls from CHS, unless CHS bring up more new talent the FMHS does. Since the FMHS JV was something like 22-1 I am guessing they are the team bringing up the talent.

Did you read the post? Sandbagging?

brace
brace
Yes I did! It sounded good for FMHS but you still ranked Clover at #1!?!?

I said Sandbagging because you called for CLover to win it and talked how good they would be this year, even about getting it done vs Fort Mill. I was meerly commenting on your ranking.

I should have broken the comment up after the sandbagging part. The reat is my comment on why I think FMHS will be #1 not #2. Clover is a good team but they lost one of thier better(if not thier best) players while FMHS did not "lose" any real contributiers. 1 non-starting senior can hardly be considered all significant loss.

brace
brace
I have to agree with the basic message, stay local because the program there is solid. Nothing would be gained by driving farther if you live close to CESA then play with them!
There are lots of issues in this state between clubs and CESA but I am not a CESA hater. They seem to be doing what is best for thier club and kids, I am not sure if it is best for the state program as a whole but that is for those with more knowledge to argue about!
What I would comment on though is the ranking and the strongest program comment. You seem to be forgetting that tiny FMHS pushed you to the limit in the upstate final. The "Rock Hill" area is a mess club wise so I can not dispute that they lack when it comes to club play, but you have to remember that most quality players(not all) in that area play for Charlotte area clubs. If you look at the Elite Clubs National League for Girls standings (supposedly the highest club level girls can play at) you will notice that in every age group the Charlotte team is ranking higher that the CESA team.

goal
goal
Chief,
I think Unclebuck was talking about the line up at at Riverside not Mauldin.

Joe Siatkowski Mauldin Soccer I fear no evil
brace
brace
Quote:

From the 2009 class we had three go D1, a Forward to Presbyterian, a Mid to UNC-Ashville, and a Keeper to Tennessee. Two other girls had a D1 opportunity and opted out of college soccer. Two more had D2 opportunities and opted out.

Lost one of the best coaches in the state to track. Interesting to watch the student take over for the teacher. Sometimes even better, but I would expect a slight learning curve versus last year's runnerup finish.

Would never bet against South Aiken, though.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard