Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
brace
brace
Christ Church has one of the best young coaches in the state, and a player who can take the team on her back and win everything.

Would never bet against Bishop England or Waccamaw.

That's what makes this great. Only one can win the last game.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
G
kick off
kick off
G
ROH
Not knowing any players in the area yet, are there any other girls that can carry a team on her back like the Christ Church player you mentioned. I would like to catch some quality matches and players from the area.

corner kick
corner kick
GOI:
For quality early season girls' soccer, I would recommend seeing matches at The Viking Cup, March 5-7 at Spring Valley High School, then take in The Fort Mill Invitational at Manchester Meadows in Rock Hill March 19-21. Hard to go wrong at either venue.

Iced in up here. No school. First day of tryouts cancelled.

Doin' it the hard way...
brace
brace
There are several. I could probably list 15-20, but we play a lot of them and I don't want to really put up any bulletin board material! Send me a PM and I'll send you some thoughts.

brace
brace
Quote:

In 3A keep your eye on South Aiken. They lost strong seniors but will have several very strong players returning at mid, keeper, and forward. A couple of the JV players moving up have the potential to be outstanding. I don't think they will make state but I could see them playing for lower state again.

They won't be as Young this year. [Worked on that one all winter ]

brace
brace
Coach Ray Godwin at TR is a first class guy. As our team at Blue Ridge was beginning to build two years back, we beat them in a scrimmage. He has the class to talk to our entire team and tell them that "something had changed at Blue Ridge - that wasn't Blue Ridge soccer I was watching!" Made a HUGE impression on my young ladies, and probably won us about four games that year.

World class guy, whose daughter graduated and is playing at Erskine I believe, and he is still coaching. That's pretty cool in my book.

Oh, yeah, that love fest between World Cup and TR might be due to the coaching tandem at Foothills this summer and the success their teams had. Won State Challenge Cup I think. My kids love Coach Raimond and Coach Ray - and they should.

throw in
throw in
Agreed about Godwin and Hartmann - both are class individuals. I believe Godwin's daughter, even though she is attending Erskine, decided not to play soccer.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard