Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#128443 01/24/10 05:04 PM
G
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
G
Do the girls play HS soccer in SC due to school pride, and the whole HS experience or due they play to get touches during the clubs off season. In Texas the HS soccer scene is very competitive but nowhere near the level of the elite soccer clubs. In HS the girls seem to really enjoy playing while club is a very serious business with girls playing every game knowing that they could lose a starting position any second of any game and never regain a starting position ever. Soccer is very serious at every level of HS and Club in Texas.

world cup
world cup
South Carolina is about the size of Dallas.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
G
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
G
Did I read a post correctly that a soccer coach left the team to coach track? if that is true that's a little shocking any soccer coach i have ever met lives for the game and would never consider anything but soccer. Not to mention it sounded like he had a good team.

G
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
G
Oh, the size card, Nice.

G
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
G
Size = Commitment??

world cup
world cup
Getoverit,

You sound like a smart guy, you don't need a lesson on economics or demographics. You now live in the Greenville market. You're the big fish in the small pond. I'm sure your daughter will have great high school and club soccer experiences. I wish you luck and welcome to the Palmetto State.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
Coach
Coach
C
In my experience, it's the high school teams that the girls are more mentally and emotionally committed to...they play club to get better, but they play HS soccer to represent their schools and to win as a team. One of the challenges of building a winning club team is to get the girls to put aside their separate HS loyalties and play together as a club team with anywhere near the passion and team spirit as they have with their HS teams.

I've got good news and bad news...
J
corner kick
corner kick
J
are you "indirectly" asking if we recognize that sc youth soccer isn't as strong as tx youth soccer?

corner kick
corner kick
Getoverit,
What high school does your daughter attend?

C
goal
goal
C
It is both to answer your question directly. But as Hurst66 says, the population density of Texas and SC is much different. In the 3A and below they are lucky to field 7-8 quality players and then fill in and 4a is usually lucky enough to field a 1st string with quality players and then use fill-ins for subs. This is not bad or good. A very good team will get that boost of 3-4 extra quality players, which boosts them to the finals usually. But overall the play is a lot of fun to watch and has a lot more passion than a club game. Is SC better than Texas? Maybe not, but I live in South Carolina and don't care.

Here I go again!
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard