Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
corner kick
corner kick
GETOVERIT,
You best logout, and get a new user name.
You are what most here don't like about soccer
#1 - you're from Texas....Ahhhh! Achmed make joke
#2 - you take the fun out of soccer.

Achmed not know your story, but what could be more important than having fun and spending time with your kids?
That's what SC Soccer is all about.

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

Chapindad,
I don't care either, I'll be looking for a team, not club that will provide training and coaching that will benefit my daughter.

Club tryouts in SC generally take place late April through May, after end of HS season.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Quote:

GETOVERIT... but people with a solid understanding of the game and the passion involved in excellence will also tell you that while hard work and dedication are essential, enjoyment is as well...players show their absolute best when they love what they do.

Totally agree, glad you left the word fun out.

Sorry, I forgot I might have to spell out that last connection...they love what they do because they actually have FUN doing it!

("Fun" isn't just running around giggling...but the best practices are the ones that involve big smiles and at least an occasional laugh--not to mention healthy doses of pride in accomplishment and pure enjoyment.)

I've got good news and bad news...
kick off
kick off
Texas? Texas?
I heard only two things........
Never mind

Don't Feed the Trolls!
world cup
world cup
ROH got so excited that he wrote his own obituary!

Troll....love that avatar.

I'm willing to give GETOVERIT a mulligan. He came out of the box "strong" with the type of smack talk that is prevalent on most soccer message boards throughout the country. We are definitely a "kinder, gentler" bunch on the HS Girls forum here in South Carolina.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
L
Goal
Goal
L
not much action on scsoccer these days, either.........rather boring but once in a blue-moon a rebel will post and get the congregation rattled.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
What we don't know is that "getoverit" is probably a 12-year old kid. He sure sounds like it. Go ROH!

J
corner kick
corner kick
J
Quote:

not much action on scsoccer these days, either.........

that's what i'm screamin'! think i'll look for a good track board to start passing the time.

brace
brace
Quote:

From my experience as a former SC Premier League and HS player (and also, a former California resident), we play first and foremost because we have FUN and LOVE the game of soccer. If you're good enough, you play Premier League/Select/whatever's available because a high level of competition is hard work and, in the end, gratifying and fun. This is especially so if you have good friends on your team. Now, my view on HS soccer is a bit skewed because I went to two very competitive soccer high schools--most of you already know where--but we played there because we had fun playing the game and playing it competitively, we took pride in playing for our school, and we enjoyed playing with our schoolmates. I quit a team that wins state every year simply because I had no fun playing for it anymore...and I still got several D1/D2 offers in college and it didn't destroy my "future" options as a player.

Personally, if you don't have fun or you don't love the game, you're playing for the wrong reasons. Every single player I know who stopped having fun with their team and enjoying the game has quit shortly thereafter, most being in D1 college programs and despite thorough playing time and starting.

Lastly, as a note, some of my happiest memories are of me and my dad at soccer tournaments or on trips. I only wish I could spend more time with him like that now because it was "our" time away from the house and the family. So thank you to all the Dads who do have that for their daughters; most of them will be thanking you for it in the future.

Wow! How every Dad would love to hear those words from their daughter. I hope that your Dad can hear or read this, because that is why Dad's watch/coach/play - not because of soccer, because of the love and fun of being with a daughter.

I have read what you have written over the years, and you are not only a special person but were a very special soccer player.

And its sounds like, a great daughter.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
brace
brace
OK - Synopsis time, the popcorn is running out, this movie is almost over:

Call me corny, whatever, but I have had the same mantra for every soccer team (or other sport) I have ever coached. It has worked for me, the players don't quit, they say they loved playing ten and thirty years later, and they remain friends. Here's the mantra:

1. Have fun. (if you can't do this, no need to go on)
2. Respect (yourself, and others)
3. Class (in everything you do and every action you take)
4. Play to win (and don't apologize when you do)

Ask any kid who has every played on a team I was associated with, and they will answer the question: "Why are we here?" with the answer: "To Have Fun."

And we do.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard