7. Messi: hasnt done anything with Argentina
8. Ramos: the next Maldini
9. Drogba: have to win the champions league
10. Ibra: needs to win a champions league
11. Xavi: best passer in the world
12. Julio Cesar: second best goalkeeper
13. Iniesta: second best passer
14. Higuain: the new Nistelrooy
15. Luis Fabiano: so fast, brazils new hope.

Club of the century.
goal kick
goal kick
messi is by far no. 1.
qualifying for the world cup doesnt count for anything?
not to mention he won all 6 possible trophies along with barcelona this year.....
and whens the last time kaka even scored a goal for real?

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Quote:

1. Kaka: very close race with Ronaldo
2. Ronaldo: was injured vs Barca
3. Eto: best striker in the world
4. Villa: most dominant player in the last euro
5. Casillas: Santo Casillas
6. Puyo: best defender in the world
7. Messi: hasnt done anything with Argentina
8. Ramos: the next Maldini
9. Drogba: have to win the champions league
10. Ibra: needs to win a champions league
11. Xavi: best passer in the world
12. Julio Cesar: second best goalkeeper
13. Iniesta: second best passer
14. Higuain: the new Nistelrooy
15. Luis Fabiano: so fast, brazils new hope.

Why no English, Italian, German or Dutch players in there?
Why so heavily biased towards Latin players?

Last 7 Champions league winners:

Barca x 2
Manchester United
Liverpool
Milan x 2
Porto

Finalists:

Juventus
Monaco
Milan
Arsenal
Liverpool
Chelsea
Manchester United

I think your being VERY and unnecessarily biased towards a certain 'type' of footballer. I think creating a world XI would be a better judge of characteristics of some of the worlds best players.

Now i grew up in a family where Brasil was always the second team, so I know about Garrincha, Vava, jairzinho, Zico, Socates, Falco. I also know about Mario Kempes, Hugo Sanchez, Enzo Francescoli (I def know about this one ), Solano, Wanchope....I could go on. So i obviously appreciate and understand the contribution Latino soccer players make to the game.

Now on to your list:

1. Kaka: very close race with Ronaldo - Does not do enough to 'take over games like Ronaldo or Messi, Unreal player but number one in the world he has not been for a few years.
2. Ronaldo: was injured vs Barca - Match winner, When i first saw him play, after he signed from Sporting i told my Dad, who didn’t believe me, that he would be the best player in the world. Suspect temperaments proved by this weekends game.
3. Eto: best striker in the world - NO, NO, NO! He is not the best striker in the world, he is not even the best striker at Inter (that is Milito!)
4. Villa: most dominant player in the last euro - I Love Villa, he is a cracking player, and if you want an out and out poacher, best in the world for that, Great character i hear as well.
5. Casillas: Santo Casillas - Best Gk in the world? Probably.
6. Puyo: best defender in the world - NO, NO, NO! Barcelona's defensive record is the result of the fact that there offense is so good at keeping the ball, that the opposition never gets it. Puyol imho is terribly over rated. If he was tested more, he would get found out more, plus his hair is shocking.
7. Messi: hasn’t done anything with Argentina - So? Diego plays him out of position, He is the best player in the world, you build your team around him. He is tough as nails and will not hide form the physical side of the game. Legend. I will also address the hasn’t won anything comment later!
8. Ramos: the next Maldini - Maldini was a left full back, then moved to a left sided centre back position. So Ramos can not be the next Maldini, in fact, nobody can. Maldini is probably the best all round defender to ever play the game. Legend. I would say Ramos is the next Real Madrid player to be hugely over rated.
9. Drogba: have to win the champions league - Best Target man in world football today. Strong, powerful, great technique, scores ALL types of goals, Scary to even consider marking him.
10. Ibra: needs to win a champions league - Another supremely talented player, but with suspect temperament. I like him though, he’s has the ability to become a world great, but needs to produce in the BIG games more.
11. Xavi: best passer in the world - I love Xavi, fantastic footballer, just a wonderful player to watch, first class!
12. Julio Cesar: second best goalkeeper - Possibly.
13. Iniesta: second best passer - See Xavi, peas in a pod, supply the bullets for Ibra and Mesi et al.
14. Higuain: the new Nistelrooy -Why no the old Nistelrooy? What has Higuain done that Rudd hasnt, oh thats right, hes Latin!
15. Luis Fabiano: so fast, brazils new hope.@ 29 i dont think hes there 'new hope' Great player though, clinical finisher. Not top 15 in the world though.

Ok, why do you say about Drogba, that he has to win a world cup to be considered higher? George Best (Whom pele said was the best player ever) Never won a world cup, and he could play a bit too. Youtube him and Rooney and Gullit and Van Basten, and Van Persie and Ribery and Cassano, might give you some more balance!

My World XI:

(4-1-2-2-1)

GK - Casillas

RB - Maicon
LB - Cole, A.
CB - Vidic
CB - Terry

DM - Gattuso
CM - Iniesta
CM - Xavi

RF - Ronaldo
LF - Messi
CF - Drogba

Casillas gets the nod in the sticks, but Buffon would push him close

Back four of 2 pure winners at center half, and two fullbacks to push up into the width created by not playing two wide mids. With Gattuso sitting in to protect the back four they could do this all day long.

Gattuso, another pure winner, he carries the Piano, the rest play it.

The two barca mids, already play on another different telepathic level so why split them up.

The front 3 would just be unreal, give defenders nightmares as they can beat you in so may different ways!

J
bench
bench
J
not in any specific order but...

1. Ronaldinho- when he was at barca he did magic with the ball that nobody else could do

2. Zidane- the greatest

3. Henry- best striker in english football

4. kaka- he can change a game at any moment

5. xabi- unbelievable passing

6. Christiano Ronaldo- need i say more

7. Ronaldo- once again need i say more

8. Gerrard- great vision on the pitch, and has a rocket of a shot

9. Leo messi- who can take the ball from him?

10. Drogba- scored sick goals

11. Rooney- sick

12. Fernando Torres-sick

13. Ibrahimovic- comes to barcelona and scored in nearly every game

14. Robinho-sick

15. Danny Alves

world cup
world cup
Maybe I watch too much EPL but I have to give props to Rooney and Tevez, guys who do it at pace, in the TOUGHEST league in the world. I watch a little La Liga and a little Serie A, and guys like Xavi, Messi, Ronaldinho.....even Beckham!.....get all day on the ball, with "token" pressure. In the case of the first three, perhaps it is due to respect of their extremely high skill level, but come on, Rooney and Tevez are fighting with gorillas in a phone booth! Xavi, Messi and Ronaldinho are dancing with the stars on a wide-open ballroom floor (unless, of course, Gattuso is in the room!).

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Coach Dom... I agree with alot of what you say. I have a thing about tough players playing hard and basically all out

I am a big fan of Terry, Gattusso, Tevez (and I do not normally like argentinians), Rooney, Drogba.

I watch Serie A just to see Gatusso play, I am no Chelsea fan but love Terry, and as much as I hate him Tevez just works his butt off, as does Rooney although he had a tendency to be a cry baby for awhile there.

People tend to lean towards the "pretty" players and forget as you said "someone has to carry the piano". That lineup you post would be scary.

as far as "el principe" (whose namesake played for you), he was overrated at times and very underrated at others. He was definetely someone to watch when he had the right supporting cast.

kick off
kick off
1. Rooney. Man U's best striker
2. Landon. Best us player
3. Ibrahim. Beast where ever he goes
4. Carlos P. Best central defender
5. Ranaldo. Check the footwork
6. Ballotelli. Beast and getting better
7. Pele. Who scores that many goals
8. Nakumara. J leagues best player
9. Luca Toni. Beast when ever he's around Ribery
10. Ribery. Beast whenever he's around Toni
11. Robbie Keane. Best Ireland Player
12. Viera. Can be my defensive mid
13. Bastien S. Germany couldn't have a better midfielder
14. Beckham. Maybe washed up but given a fk he'll nail it
15. Cech. He can be my Goalie

"I'm Not Fast You Just Move Too Slow"
goal kick
goal kick
catch up....is that a joke?
and dom, great 11 but maybe have ronaldo and messi switch sides? both are much better at dribbling in and scoring with their strong foot rather than crossing.

corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
1. Drogba failed twice already to win the european glass, the same with Ibra.

2. Kaka dominated the game vs Barca with Messi on it, if it wasnt bc of Puyol, Madrid would've had slapped barca at home.

3. Note my top 15 is only on current players, Im not that old to know that much about Di Stefano.

4. It has nothing to do with "being" latin. This is how I base my rankings, and again is just my opinion.

1. World Cup
2. Euro Champions League
3. Euro Cup
4. Copa Libertadores
5. World Club Championship.

That being said.

My best 11 would have to be a 4-3-1-2 with the enganche or attacking center mid.

Casillas: Gigi is old

Ramos
Puyol
Terry
Cole

Kaka
Gerard
Xavi
Ronaldo

Villa or Messi
Eto

My best 11 legendary, again Im not that old, I do remember a little of Van Basten and Gullit of Rossonero.

Casillas

Maldini
Baressi
Beckembauer
Zambrotta

Maradona
Dunga or Edgar Davies
Zidane
Magico Gonzalez or Ronaldinho

Di Stefano
Fat Ronaldo

Fabio Capello as the Coach

Honor mentions to Pele and Cruyff lol.

Is just my opinion. I was always a fan of Edgar Davies, Lampard, Gattuso, Makelele, Simeone, Matthaus, and Ballack, but at the end, gotta go with fantasy street futbol ; )

Club of the century.

Link Copied to Clipboard