Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
bench
bench
M
Quote:

i think any club with an A & B team will sooner or later cause digruntledness among those pesky parents...true story, look it up.

You are correct! What kid/parent wants to sign up to be on the B or C team compared to the Elite, Premier, or Challenge team? When you're paying $1,000 to play club soccer you want your kids to have the best. Unfortunately only 16-18 per age group are "the best" and that leaves the club to make money off of the "other teams." Ultimately, it's the parents that ruin it as they are the ones that demand their kid get the best, despite their kids often knowing who "the best" players are, especially if they are not one of them.

I happen to be a parent of a kid on the "B" team and we couldn't be happier. Not every kid is good enough to play premier, challenge or elite. But, my kid is a solid player at the classic level. We've played every level from rec to developmental to now classic and this has by far been the best experience we've had.

Sandman, has your child ever played on a club team? I often find that the parents who have the most negative perceptions of the club environment are those who have never had their kids part of that program.

C
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
C
Yellow Hat..
Great first posts.
We need more common sense on this board

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

Quote:

i think any club with an A & B team will sooner or later cause digruntledness among those pesky parents...true story, look it up.

You are correct! What kid/parent wants to sign up to be on the B or C team compared to the Elite, Premier, or Challenge team? When you're paying $1,000 to play club soccer you want your kids to have the best. Unfortunately only 16-18 per age group are "the best" and that leaves the club to make money off of the "other teams." Ultimately, it's the parents that ruin it as they are the ones that demand their kid get the best, despite their kids often knowing who "the best" players are, especially if they are not one of them.

I happen to be a parent of a kid on the "B" team and we couldn't be happier. Not every kid is good enough to play premier, challenge or elite. But, my kid is a solid player at the classic level. We've played every level from rec to developmental to now classic and this has by far been the best experience we've had.

Sandman, has your child ever played on a club team? I often find that the parents who have the most negative perceptions of the club environment are those who have never had their kids part of that program.

yes, to your question, & have never been disgruntled, no reason to with youth sports. i have however listened to many parents who rightly or wrongly feel slighted about their soccer superstar....just my observations & relax, thats just the nature of parents in all youth sports.
surely this can't be news to anyone on this board

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

btw, this was my only statement & it was rather just tongue in cheek on a subject that every coach has dealt with on every level at some point, it wasn't a statement about you or your club

Goal
Goal
Quote:

You mean a parent got upset because their child wasn't as good as they thought? Get out

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

Quote:

You mean a parent got upset because their child wasn't as good as they thought? Get out

ya, so they went over & formed cainhoy i think it was...i jest

C
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
C
I brought this topic up ..not because I do not believe there are no disgruntled parents out there..I brought it up because it was discussed at a state meeting that was attended by a handful of clubs..big and small..Who represented this clubs at the meeting..I have no idea ...could of been Presidents,Vice presidents or maybe DOCs
I guess I take issue with the word disgruntled when it comes to new clubs being started or to label that word on any player or parent that chooses to change clubs for whatever reason..Don't limit a player's choices.
If you don't want small clubs popping up around you..Do not blame it on parents..Take care of your membership and offer more services than the small clubs and they will remain just that..small.
Let's not get to a point that players are told where they will play because their choices where taken care of in a board room.

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

I brought this topic up ..not because I do not believe there are no disgruntled parents out there..I brought it up because it was discussed at a state meeting that was attended by a handful of clubs..big and small..Who represented this clubs at the meeting..I have no idea ...could of been Presidents,Vice presidents or maybe DOCs
I guess I take issue with the word disgruntled when it comes to new clubs being started or to label that word on any player or parent that chooses to change clubs for whatever reason..Don't limit a player's choices.
If you don't want small clubs popping up around you..Do not blame it on parents..Take care of your membership and offer more services than the small clubs and they will remain just that..small.
Let's not get to a point that players are told where they will play because their choices where taken care of in a board room.

don't let my small attempt at humor throw you off, i believe we're all in agreement

Goal
Goal
Quote:

The rules are there for a reason. You are asking the state association to overlook violations of rules because someone doesn't want to play for a certain club. it sounds a lot like I am taking my ball and going home syndrome.

If they want to start a new club, adhere to the guidelines.

C
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
C
I don't have a problem with the rules..The rule has always been there..I have a problem with soccer professionals deciding on who is disgruntled. Note..the topic of the thread.Heads of soccer clubs don't get to decide why people start another club..

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard