Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
goal kick
goal kick
Who cares? let the kids play where they want to.

S
goal
goal
S
i think any club with an A & B team will sooner or later cause digruntledness among those pesky parents...true story, look it up.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
i think any club with an A & B team will sooner or later cause digruntledness among those pesky parents...true story, look it up.

You are correct! What kid/parent wants to sign up to be on the B or C team compared to the Elite, Premier, or Challenge team? When you're paying $1,000 to play club soccer you want your kids to have the best. Unfortunately only 16-18 per age group are "the best" and that leaves the club to make money off of the "other teams." Ultimately, it's the parents that ruin it as they are the ones that demand their kid get the best, despite their kids often knowing who "the best" players are, especially if they are not one of them.

C
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
C
While what you say definitely has some truth to it..
There would be no club soccer if it were not for the parents.So every parent that does not have an Elite,Premier or Challenge player is considered disgruntled..Please..

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
"There would be no club soccer if it were not for the parents."

That statement says it all as to why soccer's development structure in this country is so flawed. Parents like their so-called importance and the justification because of the need to supply the finances.

I guess for those looking, here's one reason high school soccer is better then club: parents' lack of involvement. If club soccer had an education component, soccer training, coaches not funded by parents and most expenses covered, can you imagine how perfect it would be?

C
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
C
Parents would love that too..
So the only reason people would leave a club and start up a new one is because they are disgruntled?
Seems like alot of work for people that know nothing about soccer..
If a new club is formed I bet it is formed by soccer professionals who might have a different idea of how things should be run..I've seen this happen or one is formed to cater to a group that otherwise would not have the opportunity to play maybe because of distance or costs..

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

Parents would love that too..
So the only reason people would leave a club and start up a new one is because they are disgruntled?
Seems like alot of work for people that know nothing about soccer..
If a new club is formed I bet it is formed by soccer professionals who might have a different idea of how things should be run..I've seen this happen or one is formed to cater to a group that otherwise would not have the opportunity to play maybe because of distance or costs..

From my perspective, I believe that is why there are so many clubs in some geographic areas. Because certain parents want to cater to their child or "do it their way"

A
throw in
throw in
A
Most of the clubs I have seen started were by soccer "professionals" who wanted more control over where the parents money goes.

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
You guys must live in the Coastal District!

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
and you say that like it is a bad thing...

clearly I have a dog very much in this fight so will refrain from adding anything more to this thread beyond my first post.

But (OK here I go) looking at our LSYSA schedules for this spring for our teams and I for one am delighted with the variety and selection of clubs, colors, and familieis we will meet from the coastal district.

For example, our U9 II team is in a division of 6 with 6 different clubs representing Cainhoy, West Ashley, Goose Creek, Mount Pleasant, North Charleston, and Walterboro.

Our U10 boys in a division of 11 with involving 8 clubs: Cainhoy, West Ashley, Mount Pleasant (3), North Charleston, Walterboro, Daniel Island, Summerville, and James Island (2).

I for one love variety

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard