One way for clubs to address parental concerns about team selection is to ensure quality training for all levels of teams. Unfortunately this often doesn't occur. I've seen some absolutely miserable B teams at various clubs: teams that lack committed players and parents, good training, and even a chance at being competitive in their league. As the season progresses, these teams are often hindered by poor attendance at practice and games, and do not offer an environment in which players can improve. Players who are dedicated to improvement who get placed on these teams suffer, and would often be better off if they can get a spot on a better team at a different club. Put a kid on that kind of team, and its a long, steep climb, to get to the next level, no matter what the DOC tells you as he pockets your check. So parents often DO have a point when they club shop for the best team. Let me emphasize that I am not talking about ALL "B" or "C" teams; there are some very good ones out there. However, there are too many that fit the pattern I've described.