Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Coach
Coach
C
Wando/BE should be interesting...don't let the 4A/2A fool you, there are plenty of blue chips on both sides of that equation.

world cup
world cup
Quote:

I would like to see a "real" all state team take on the defending state champs Mauldin. By "real" I mean the best players in the state even though they don't attend "the #1 or #2" soccer rich schools in each region. I think the all star from this game should be the SC Player of the year.

Huh?

Observer, what are you saying? Fort Mill had Mauldin on the ropes in last year's upper-state final, with a team comprised of a bunch of juniors, sophomores and freshmen. Anybody with any soccer knowledge who witnessed the match will tell you that Mauldin was "fortunate" to advance.

TL Hanna gave them a game, Wando stood toe-to-toe with Mauldin in the state final. Riverside, JL Mann and Dorman can give the Lady Mavs all they want on any given day.

Am I missing something here? Is Mauldin going to hammer every opponent they play this year?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick
Mauldin has to play their best just to win the region, let alone make it to the state finals. There are numerous schools in the state that can beat Mauldin on any given day.

Only time will tell
O
throw in
throw in
O
ROH, I definitely agree. There should be one for each level of A. Hurst66 Fort Mill, Wando, Dorman, JL Mann, TL Hanna would have been the stated school had they won the State Championship.

Last edited by observer; 02/06/10 11:52 PM.
world cup
world cup
Still not quite sure where you are coming from. None of the girls listed below play for Fort Mill, and if they were to play Fort Mill in an "All Star" game, these All-Stars (plus a few others from the class of 2011) would probably thrash the Lady Jackets.

.....and I would imagine they would take it to the Lady Mavs as well. (Even if the Hert/Hirt girls played for Mauldin).

2010 Allen,Jordan Francis Marion University
2010 Anderson,Mariana Presbyterian College
2010 Cucchi,Nichole Clemson University
2010 Hert,Morgan Clemson University
2010 Hirt,Kristie Lander University
2010 Lewis,Allison Charleston Southern University
2010 Lisson,Brooke High Point University
2010 Miller,Becca Presbyterian College
2010 Moore,Catherine Furman University
2010 Polson, Megan Wofford College
2010 Smith,Ellie University of Alabama
2010 Urig,Chloe Charleston Southern University
2010 Waters,Allie Anderson University
2010 Waldon,Mackenzie Iowa State University
2010 Toole,Anna Catawba College

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
O
throw in
throw in
O
Would like for a true all star team (not those who would be nominated by seniority) the best players in the state to take on the state champs, once one has been determined. (all levels of high school ball) Then pick the SC Player of the Year based on their performance in this match-up. (s)

O
throw in
throw in
O
Not all of the best players in our state make all state because they play at schools that are soccer-challenged. Many of these players have higher stats than those that actually earn the high school awards. Higher stats at a school that has 1 or 2 club players (if that) is much harder to do than at a school that has all club and several region III players. To be blunt: the best players in the state, regardless of their year in high school and where their high school team finishes should have a fair chance at being names SC Player of the Year and to the All State Team.

U
throw in
throw in
U
Mavs dad is just covering himself in case the Lady Mavericks get upset. Mauldin has 5-6 CESA premier players returning, 5-6 new CESA premier players coming in. On paper their more deep than last year. Mav's dad has already ordered another trophy case to set above his fireplace. I don't blame him. If you beat Mauldin this year you upset them...

world cup
world cup
observer,

Your logic is seriously flawed.

#1 Determining the SC HS POY on the basis of solely one game is ridiculous. Best player may not be 100% in that match.

#2 Stats are seriously misleading. It often depends on the competition you are facing, rather than the number of great players you have around you. The 10th best player in the state could pile up massive statistics playing in a weak region (in 2A). A player could also score a ton of goals in one season playing for a coach who doesn't take his foot off the pedal in lopsided matches against inferior competition.

O
throw in
throw in
O
Not really because to play in the match you would have had to earn it throughout the season. I would, also, say that based on the way the regions are set up the soccer haves typically don't have the best competition during their regular league games. What if the best player in the state plays for a high school with no other club players and a coach who is not soccer qualified? Is it fair to just give it to a player who happend to be on a good team?

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard