H
goal
goal
H

C
Brace
Brace
C
Patrick Adkins and Laura Weaver of West Ashley sign with Spartanburg Methodist.

L
Goal
Goal
L
any word on wofford's 2010 women signees?

World Cup
World Cup
From Spring Valley HS boys:

Ben Limbaugh, Wofford College
Antoine Parris, University of South Carolina

D
kick off
kick off
D
The goalkeeper coach at Columbia United is also the South Carolina State University women's soccer coach and I had the opportunity to speak to him the other day. Seems like he is very happy with his recruiting class, which includes the 2008 Big South Freshman of the year, a transfer.

I looked it up:
http://www.scsuathletics.com/news/2010/2/3/WSOC_0203104333.aspx

I am amazed how they became competitive with only one recruiting class. I mean SCSU was a laughing stock, showing up with 9-10 players and taking multiple goals, I mean it was by far the worst team in the state and one of the poorest in country.

I was so suprised someone qualified actually agreed to coach them and put their reputation on the line.

People always say that building programs takes a number of years, but the SCSU coaching staff has made it happen. That should be something Winthorp, USC Upstate, Wofford and other traditional strugglers take note of!!

I am sure it must be so embarrasing for some of the other South Carolina teams to lose to SCSU, especially when they were beating them 6-0 or 7-0 for years before.

Seems like they are continuing to go forward with this class as well.
Anyway, just wanted to point that out, as I have been thinking about it after chatting with GB the other day.

S
goal
goal
S
Anyone have any info on Clemson signees?

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Some things never change - The State newspaper has coverage of every football player from SC that signed to play at any college in America and on WLTX Bob Shields even had to get the extra bit in at the end that former Gamecock football player Bill Bradshaw's son is going to play golf at Clemson (we all know had it not been a former gamecock football players son it would never have been mentioned).

Not to diminish the achievements of other sports athletes but when if ever will soccer athletes, who are every bit if not more dedicated to their sport, get any kind of recognition other than a blurb on page 4 of the sports section? I guess we all know the answer - as soon as soccer becomes a money making sport and grandpa and the good ole boys understand the difference between a goal kick and a corner kick.

Sorry for the rant but the ole blood pressue runneth over this morning after looking at the newspaper!

world cup
world cup
Quote:

any word on wofford's 2010 women signees?

Alex Kachulis, a center midfielder from Weddington HS (Charlotte United) has signed with Wofford. She is a very good player and her team will be participating in the Fort Mill Invitational on Friday, March 19 at Manchester Meadows.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
U
throw in
throw in
U
College of Charleston Womens Soccer Recruits 2010. It sounds like SC Girls need not apply ???? Wasn't there head coach a big part of development of Girls Club Soccer Teams in the Charleston area.

Paragraph from C of C Womens Soccer website below.

"This year's recruiting class comes from all over the country - representing Arizona, Texas, Pennsylvania and North Carolina."

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
CofC has a bunch of SC kids on the roster. Over the last few years, they've got some of SC's best players (Schaidle, Gmerek, Tate, Craft, etc). Just because one year goes by w/o a SC kid doesn't mean anything. Another good one going in 2011 (Robinson).

How come a coach doesn't take a kid the program is evil? But if a kid chooses not to go, then its "my little girl is just making a valued decision for her important four years." It's a two-way street. Maybe CofC did recruit SC and just this year SC girls chose other places. Or maybe SC doesn't have good players CofC wanted. Shouldn't make a blanket statement.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard