Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
world cup
world cup
Invited walk on = Preferred walk on = Recruited walk on.

I'll buy that. Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited by Hurst66; 02/06/10 11:27 PM.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
throw in
throw in
S
Greenwood Boys who signed LOI

Emerald High School soccer player Hunter Riddle signs with North Greenville University

Greenwood high School soccer player Trent Uldrick signs with lander university

Good luck guys!!!

Last edited by soccertennis; 02/06/10 11:49 PM.
K
goal kick
goal kick
K
All this chatter is taking away from the fact that Uncle Buck made a completely false statement about CofC not recruiting SC girls. It was wrong and irresponsible to type without research and facts. Look at their roster and the caliber of the SC players on it.

U
throw in
throw in
U
food for thought - look at other college sports of sc colleges. check out the rosters for football, basketball, baseball, softball, track. sc colleges in these sports are full of sc athletes at all sc colleges. yet in soccer it's extremely low or non-existant. why is this.
is it the fault of
-ODP
-Clubs
-High School Coaches
-College Coaches
-Parent
??????

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Probably because SC doesn't produce a lot of D-I caliber women's soccer players. Everyone knows SC is behind in Region III and the United States.

But CofC still has eight players listed on their roster and with really good pedigree. Considering how few are produced to actually contribute for a D-I program, that's a good percentage in Charleston. Contrary to your statement, CofC might actually be a good program for a top SC player.

O
throw in
throw in
O
But this year SC has several D-1 caliber female players that are not playing at SC schools. I used South Carolina as an example because they have our state's name in their title.

U
throw in
throw in
U
i was referring to this year....now comment.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Quote:

"preferred walk-on spot" ...that's funny... that's not a recruit...that's, come to college at your own expense...

just because I'm still laughing and I want to keep the joke going, what's the difference between a "preferred walk-on spot" and a "walk on spot"..

I guess I should have used my words better. An invited walk on and a preferred walk on are the same thing. When the coach contacts the player numerous times and invites her to walk on because he has no more scholarships, this would still be seen as recruiting.

And Big Daddy...I am no clueless coach.

Sorry.....I could have chosen my words better as well.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

"preferred walk-on spot" ...that's funny... that's not a recruit...that's, come to college at your own expense...

just because I'm still laughing and I want to keep the joke going, what's the difference between a "preferred walk-on spot" and a "walk on spot"..

I guess I should have used my words better. An invited walk on and a preferred walk on are the same thing. When the coach contacts the player numerous times and invites her to walk on because he has no more scholarships, this would still be seen as recruiting.

And Big Daddy...I am no clueless coach.

Sorry.....I could have chosen my words better as well.

Ackkk! Hackkk! Ackkk!
Ah, excuse Achmed why he hacks up a fur-ball

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
S
throw in
throw in
S
I think kyle meant for this post to be for players 2010 National signing day, take the chatter to another post.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard