Carolina Forest
Bishop England

Region VI
Timberland
Pinewood Prep
Porter-Gaud
Beaufort Academy
Hilton Head Christian

Base Schedule is 8 games from your region plus 1 rotating team from the other 2 regions in upper/lower state. 10 games base schedule + 6 games the schools can pick + tournement games.

I don't know how to do the playoff, there would probably be a lot of complaining if there was just 8 team from upper and lower state so I guess
top 4 teams then the standard playoff.

I think that all the playoff game would be great, cause right now in AAA many of the first round games are no contests.

I know that no one cares about this stuff and if anybody does they know it will not happen in our lifetime but give me you thoughts any way.

Count Zero

#12887 05/13/03 09:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd like to see it & well though of----but--------it makes too much sense just like there's no real state champ.Little Christ Church could probably win it all this year!

#12888 05/13/03 10:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know- well thought of.

#12889 05/13/03 10:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a real good idea Count but what would happen to 2A and 1A....Bishop England and Chapin would be gone so only teams like Pendleton, Waccamaw,Andrew Jackson, and Emerald would be at the top...that leaves a two very competive schools..and 1A..the one team that rises above the rest and it would be gone..then 1A would be the best of the mediocre teams. that is just moving the good teams up and leaving the smaller schools to have no respect or competion. But it is a good plan..maybe the high school league can build on it

#12890 05/13/03 11:24 PM
C
goal kick
goal kick
C
I think that it would be interesting if they would throw some of those schools into the mix just to see what would happen. But who does evryone think will win 3A lowerstate, upperstate, and the championship in '04??

#12891 05/14/03 01:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well since you asked centermid06, I belive that Brookland Cayce will win the lowerstate championship and state championship the next three years in a row. I dont mean to brag or any thing but them BC boys are bad. [Big Grin]

#12892 05/14/03 02:03 AM
J
goal kick
goal kick
J
I hate to upset the applecart but they are building Bluffton High School which is a spin-off of Hilton Head High School. This means that both Bluffton and Hilton Head will be AAA starting in 2004.

#12893 05/14/03 02:33 AM
World Cup
World Cup
I'm not sure which of the Hilton Head high schools will receive the future services of the current JV Hilton Head HS team, but I can assure you this:

#8, #10, etc. will have plenty to say about the status of AAA soccer should their respective school play in Class AAA.

They are very good players and I had the pleasure to introduce myself to each of them during the Ridge View Junior Varsity Tournament a couple of weeks ago!

#12894 05/14/03 02:38 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
Maybe it's because i've been writing a term paper and it's pretty late... but do you mean these new schools will be entering next year or the year after this upcoming year.

I think Count is right... the regions are way to uneven. Some regions there is no contest(Georgetown's region) and then in others it is insane (Mann's region). It really doesn't make any sense that 4 teams that could all make it to State are in the same region. I know it has a lot to do with other sports..but I mean come on. It's getting ridiculous.

#12895 05/14/03 02:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Count Zero,

The Sun News had an article that said they had already hired a football coach for 2004 (Saint James High school. Maybe this was a misprint, but it lead me to believe there will be a new high school in Horry County and it would make Socastee a 3 AAA school. When that happens, wouldn't they be 3AAA in soccer? That would have Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, Carolina Forest, Socastee, St. James, and Georgetown (very close) being regionally close, and make for a competetive region! Unless you are voicing the argument to make regions competetetive regardless of travel expenses, this appears to be a good thing for 3AAA soccer in the low country. This may take until 2005 though. I don't know if the article was fact or speculation. It would dilute our talent, just like too many club teams did in the past. I will admit that too many club teams did help develop more players to account for the ones that get burnt out with club soccer at too young of an age, and quit playing!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard