Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#12896 05/14/03 03:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BMASTER21 is right. BC's players are bad. A lot of them can ball with many seniors of other teams as freshmen. That is a great accomplishment and can only mean future success. If they can ball with seniors as freshmen, imagine what they can do as juniors or seniors.

Think about it....

#12897 05/14/03 12:50 PM
C
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
C
I think that if Socastee and Hilton Head are splitting and they can maintain the quality of soccer all 4 of the schools that would be great for soccer. I tried to balance the regions as best as I could geographically and competatively. So that team would not have to drive 2 hours.

The only team I had a hard time with was York, because they are kind of out there by themselves as a AAA school.

The main point I was making with BE, Chapin and Christ Church is that in the last ten years Chapin, Christ Church and BE have won every Championship except one team, Hanahan 1997.

Allowing teams to play against opponents who are closer in skill would allow for more exciting games and everyone would have more fun then being killed my a BE or CC.

Question #1:
I heard that Chapin is going to brake the 1000 students barrier and they might go up to 3A next year anyway, does anyone know about that??

Question #2:
There are a couple of schools in 4A that should not be there(maybe not even in 3A, not the schools falt) but are there any school that any of you guys think should drop down from 4A to 3A, that would make competition beat for them and for the Class?

Remember the moving between classes and regions only applies for soccer.

thanks for the feedback

Count Zero

We should set up the
SCHSSL aka SC High School Soccer League it could be any arm of SC High School League ie SC High School (insert sport) League.

#12898 05/14/03 01:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know that people don't think much of Lakewood, but where would they fit in to the schedule that you've suggested? They are AAA after all.

#12899 05/14/03 01:50 PM
C
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
C
probably be bumped down to 2A with some of the other 3A schools

Pickens
Belton-Honea Path
G.D. Broome
Greer
Union
Clinton
Clover
Chester
Darlington
Lake City
Marion
Dillon
R.B. Stall
Wade Hampton-G
Travelers Rest

#12900 05/14/03 02:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of those teams are going to be 2A?? that seems to many.. in other sports..it would be a lot of teams but in soccer that would add a lot more competition that has been missing..Most of the 1st round of 2A and 1A for that matter was byes...maybe this would make a lot more teams in the playoffs...Count how would u put 2A in each region. I come from Andrew Jackson and i would like more teams in our region besides Cheraw.

#12901 05/14/03 11:16 PM
J
world cup
world cup
J
There are a lot of great ideas in this thread.

Things had to be changed for them to be how they are now..so it's not like this stuff would be impossible. The people in the position to do something about it just need to get busy. I would assume that the High School League meets atleast monthly if not weekly right?

#12902 05/15/03 01:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe its just me but I don't think really dropping all these teams is the issue. Yeah some can't compete, but teams like mine Wade Hampton (G) can. We were just thrown in a tough region. Region II AAA. We finished 5th in that region, but if you put us in Region III AAA we finish 2nd probably pretty easily. Nothing against that region just the teams in region II are much stronger. We hung in with all the top teams in our region (3-5 to Eastside, 1-2 to Mann, 1-3 to Greenville). I think the Regions should just be evened out a bit more so that the playoffs resemble the top teams in the upstate and lower state.

#12903 05/15/03 07:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, first of all, I'm pretty sure that you can't just drop a AAA team down to AA just because they can't compete. The region is decided by school size not ability.

As a weaker school, I'd love to play in a region where I was more competitive, but where would that leave us. It sucks to be the pathetic team in the region who always finishes last. Lakewood was AAAA for the first four years and had to play teams like RNE, Spring Valley, and Ridge View. Then we were dropped to AAA with A.C. Flora which gave us better opportunities to play good soccer. Now we are with West Florence who thoroughly dominated our game.

My point is that in each region there will be a powerhouse, a few good teams and then the chaff. If we just put the good teams in one group and the poor teams in another, we would have two regions. The Good and the Bad (and where would the ugly fit in?). Separating the good from the bad is the reason we have playoffs. We don't just throw the weak teams in a corner because they suck.

Our teams need this strong competition. It gives us something to work towards. If we never see it, how will we ever achieve it?

#12904 05/15/03 07:50 PM
C
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
C
The point of the orginal proposal was that you would ignore school size.

The point is not to just throw the other school into a corner but to put them into a league were they can play teams and compete with them. these teams still have opportunity to play teams outside of there division with the 6 game that they will schedule themselves.

If you are on a team that gets consistantly pounded by 7-12 goals a game and you have a small chance to get into the playoff and evem if you got that far you would get killed by a higher seed. Would you guys on those teams want to play teams at your level, having more than a chance to win games and win playoff games.

In looking at how schools get to have Great Soccer teams/programs is by have a great coach that is committed and having all of the players playing some kind of Club ball all year round(except during the HS season) at all levels so that quality players are available.

I know that for many schools outside of large cities don't have club teams available to them and it is going to be harder for them to improve.

Sorry for all the random thoughts

Count Zero

#12905 05/19/03 01:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can bishop england move up in the SCHSSL to 3a? i dont even understand how a SCISA team plays in the public high school system anyway. if chapin moves up, no offense to bishop england because they are really good, but they wont move up because when chapins gone they will win state every year. and if they move up they wont be as good and might not make it to state. im not ragging on them cause chapin wont have a good team for state in a long time.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard