Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
Coach
OP Offline
Coach
C
Ok, to alleviate the need for further warning labels (thanks for catching that, CJ!) I'll start a new thread...how is the rain affecting tryouts across the state this week? Seems like it's throwing quite the monkey wrench into the works, and not just for soccer...I thought our baseball coach was almost in tears Friday afternoon.

I've got good news and bad news...
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
If Noah had a soccer team they would be dodging poop piles on the Lido deck.

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Seriously though, We are having a rare Sunday practice tomorrow afternoon because of all of this rain. The poor fields are so saturated that it puddles up if the humidity rises.

C
Coach
OP Offline
Coach
C
Maybe if we had more poop piles, we could get our grass to turn green before late April...

C
Coach
OP Offline
Coach
C
And seriously, I am trying at this point to secure extra off-campus field space so we can have a (wet) practice now and then without totally destroying our game and practice fields...our AD makes the valid point that if we ruin the fields now by digging in the mud they won't be there for us later, but canceling this much practice just won't work either.

brace
brace
Possible Intelligent Thought (or PIT in our house, PNT in Nebraska where the N on the helmet stands for iNtelligence or kNowledge I can't remember?):

Each Region should schedule one or two makeup dates to be used for region matches regardless. Then teams would immediately know when they were to make up Region matches (which are more important) instead of trying to fit in to everyone's problems. Those designated dates could be blocked and teams told not to schedule on those dates. All you would have to do is go through the schedules now, find dates when no games have been planned, and block those dates. Next year, block them before the season scheduling begins and you won't have this problem. Also, Saturdays could be used this year as there are very few Saturday games.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
world cup
world cup
Like your idea on the built-in make up dates.

Stay away from Saturdays though, most of the best refs are doing club matches on Saturdays.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
Coach
OP Offline
Coach
C
Not a bad idea at all...it would be nice if we could build in some dates at the end of the season between the regularly scheduled games and the date to submit info for playoffs. I remember one year we had two four-game weeks in a row the last two weeks of the season due to makeup matches...that was pretty brutal. Weeks like that tend to make it more of a stamina and depth of bench contest.

Goal
Goal
It doesn't really matter...most coaches already know who they want anyway, unless they are new to the school. Any of them that deny that are lying

C
Coach
OP Offline
Coach
C
Can't speak for anyone else, but I have 3 varsity roster spots left to fill and several players who could go either JV or varsity.

Of course, I could be lying.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard