Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
U
throw in
throw in
U
then we probably didn't deserved to be in it, or maybe we were the "push" team i was talking about

D
Goal
Goal
D
Or, look at it this way... the #2 "push" team from SC finished 5th in R3PL ahead of CSA.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

FYI: In ECNL, each of the clubs attend three events and the finals in Seattle, for a total of 12 games. Every team will play 12 games, no more or no less. That is the basis for the standings at posted and it is based on points.

... CESA has attended one event and CSA has attended two. The level of play is exceptional. CESA is in the "B" division, and CSA and CASL are in the "A" division.

Thanks for the clarification on total number of games to be played. We were originally told we would play "at least" 3 events. CESA 15's (Div.B) & 16's (Div. A) have played 1 event the 17's have played 2. In the 17's both CASL and CESA are in Div. B with CSA in Div. A, which seemed a little backwards as both CASL and CESA finished R3PL ahead of CSA. BTW, in U-17 after 6 games CESA is 3-3 one spot ahead of CASL, while CSA is struggling in Div. A at 0-5-1.

All of which has nothing to do with how many SC HS teams have as many Premier League players as Mauldin. So, I have one more post coming, then I'm out of this thread. (Did I just hear cheers?)

U
throw in
throw in
U
And Bridge won 1 maybe 2 games in R3 PL who were the state champs last season. Take the combined wins of #1 and #2 in SC against #1 and #2 of Fla, Ga, and NC the last 3 years and you'll see what I'm talking about. SC doesn't have the population to produce 2 competitive teams like the other 3 states do.

D
Goal
Goal
D
(Uncle Buck, maybe if SC can find a way to keep the York County talent from crossing the SC/NC border to the Charlotte teams and the Hilton Head players from crossing the SC/GA border to play for Concord Fire and the Myrtle Beach and Aiken players from slipping over to... etc., SC could become more "2-team-competitive" in R3PL. But to continue that discussion it needs to be taken over to the Club/ODP page.)

As promised, my last post on this thread...

Quote:

Delta Dog: Did you compare your list with Tri Navy, too? Did you, also, include Columbia United and Carolina FC in your comparison? Let's look at the U18 age group, which, is most likely going to be considered for GPOY. I am just making sure that York County is not being overlooked. It is more difficult to earn a Region III spot in NC because, first, you have "win" your way to play in the top bracket. Second, there is group play that you must "win" your way out of to make it to the final four.
To trump all of this, there are built in rules so that a "fluke" (I do not mean any disrespect here) doesn't happen. (As it may in SC by making it to the finals of state cup play.)When you are at regionals you will see a difference in the level of play between the NC teams (and their results) and the SC teams. It is important not to just make it to regionals, but, to play well there, too.

Did I consider Triangle? Why would I? Are there York County players traveling to play club in Fayetteville, too? If so, only the U-18's from Triangle play R3PL (but wow can they play and Pathman is lightning striking). My original response was to an assertion that many York County players play club including R3PL in NC and... "No offense to SC, but, the NC teams do dominate the SC Region III teams." I never said there weren't NC teams that may be dominating some of the SC R3PL teams. I even conceded CASL. However, I wouldn't concede that the NC Region III teams where I believe York County players play are among those teams that do the dominating. Never denied that given the number of players in NC vs SC that NC wasn't deeper in Region III level teams. Never denied the talent and skill of the players from York County. No one has.

Not sure how you got off on a GPOY tangeant, but let's do look that U-18 age group and see if I can touch all the tangeants (not going into current GPOY debate) already discussed and end up back somewhere close to where this thread started...

Narrowing down to U-18's and removing the NC vs SC depth disparity let's consider those HS seniors who played on the '91 SC ODP team and in their last year of ODP knocked the '91 NC ODP team out of ODP Regionals in Houston a couple of years ago. On that SC team were a lot of Premier League players including a great little player from Fort Mill, Aly Shearer, who played like she was six feet tall that day in Houston and graduated last year. The winning goal in the 1-0 result for SC was scored by a current SC HS player, who just happens to play for... Mauldin. The connecting pass to set up the player who scored... Sarah Schaidle, last year's GPOY from... Mauldin, and the player who started it off with a cross to Sarah for the connection is another current SC HS player not in 4A. You will find several other current HS players from that team scattered throughout SC.

So, the '91 SC ODP team that included a great little player from Fort Mill knocked the '91 NC ODP out of ODP Regionals with a winning goal scored by a current senior at Mauldin off a connecting pass from last year's SC GPOY, also from Mauldin.

And, to bring this all back to the original subject of this thread, the player who scored the winning goal played many years in R3PL, but left her R3PL team last year to play with a new team in SC Challenge League. Thus, the moral of the story supporting other more eloquently stated (and far less wordy) conclusions already presented in this thread... Yes, Mauldin has a lot of Premier League players, as do other SC schools in every division and area of the state, but any player out there can burn you regardless of her current "league of origin" including R3PL, Challenge or otherwise.

With that said and as promised, I bid this thread adieu.

corner kick
corner kick
" Thus, the moral of the story supporting other more eloquently stated (and far less wordy) conclusions already presented in this thread... Yes, Mauldin has a lot of Premier League players, as do other SC schools in every division and area of the state, but any player out there can burn you regardless of her current "league of origin" including R3PL, Challenge or otherwise."

Delta Dog,
That says it all.

Only time will tell
brace
brace
Were we talknig about Mauldin here? I thought this was about club players? Does Mauldin even have any club players?

C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
Chief,

Since you seem to have gotten a little lost in the thread, I'll see if I can give a brief recap and summary of the last several pages:

Mauldin CESA CASA CSA R3PL. SC/NC ODP Bridge. CUFC ENCL CASL Charlotte, CFC. QWERTY, WTH, ROFL; BTW, soccer. ROH and DD insert grounding and good common sense. Mauldin.

With us now? Good.

I've got good news and bad news...
brace
brace
Earth to Chief, Earth to Chief......

brace
brace
Mauldin? Mauldin? Nope do not recall ever seeing them play.

DO remember the Dutch National team coming to Fort Mill last year for the Upstate championship game. I mean that's who it had to be, after all they were all 6'4" mostly blonds and even the refs were scared! I can not think of another team that big who wears orange so it had to be the "freaky deaky Dutch" YEA BABY!

Fort Mill girls looked like little kids out there running around their feet! Now if Mauldin could put together a team like that... well then boy is the rest of the state in trouble!

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard