Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Now I understand why getoverit made the statement about some of people who post on the forum.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Well, can't include Eastside in this angel counting contest, but they do have 7 players still on the basketball courts... top that!

BTW, Sweet Feet, your original list of 11 from Mauldin includes 2 former premier players and one that will see little or no playing time this year due to injury.

brace
brace
[ Quote: ROH
You have been coaching for a long time, what are your AD's expectations for your team? ]

We have the greatest AD in the world for a soccer program. He is just happy that the girls enjoy it, and that we are making money instead of losing it. He supports us in every way.

Expectations: Have Fun, Respect, Class, Play to Win. He shares these with me.

Pretty Simple.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Coach P: How do the Columbia 93 girls qualify for premier? They were not state cup finalist.

My statement was that Irmo have 5 CUFC 93 Elite players who played in the R3PL this past fall.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
With Cesa 93P finishing 2nd in RIIIP,SCYSA gets to send 3 teams to the RIIIP.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
So is it a given that SCYSA gets 3 teams in that age group or do they have to apply and see if they are accepted? I thought they automatically took the top 3 under those circumstances but have also heard they may not.?

Sorry..I may have gotten a little off track on the original post..

Last edited by Loves to Play; 02/12/10 01:28 AM.
corner kick
corner kick
Delta Dog,
Eastside has their share of angels. They even have one that could be Gatorade Player of the Year.

Only time will tell
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Quote:

Delta Dog,
Eastside has their share of angels. They even have one that could be Gatorade Player of the Year.

I will second that! Eastside is a team to watch and I can't wait to scrimmage them later this month.

T
kick off
kick off
T
It is not a given that any state gets more than 2 R3P spots. Here is what I know of the team selections. It is from the information we get from our DOC on the team selection process.

Each of the R3P states of Georgia, NC, SC, and Florida get two spots in R3P, for a total of 8 teams. The other 4 spots are decided "at large" at the R3P meeting. Generally for the four age groups, NC and Georgia get the other spots due to their records. This past year only the U16 age group had three SC teams as they earned that 3rd spot. Outside of CESA, the SC teams historically have not shown well in league results, and that influences the "at large" R3P selection. One of the reasons that GA and NC usually get four spots is because those states show better on a more consistant basis when given a 3rd or 4th spot.

Looking at the age group results from this past season, CESA is mid pack or near the top in all 4 age groups. The other SC clubs did not show well. I am not going to get specific about who finished where because if anyone is interested the results are posted on the R3P website. What I am pointing out is that in R3P, SC does not have a track record of good second team showings, much less consistant 3rd spot results.

SC usually sends the state finalists with a possible 3rd team if that team has merit. I know in NC the two finalists get the two automatic bids, and six other teams that have merit compete in a playoff tournament to compete for the at large spots. Those 6 teams are selected from the State Cup results.

If you look at the results, four clubs stand out: CESA, CASL, CSA, and GSA. It should be noted that CESA, CASL, and CSA are ECNL teams as well. Within ECNL there are two levels of play, with the 40 teams being divided into an "A" and a "B" bracket. Players from these clubs are competing on a national level.

Hope this helps answer your question on the selection process and the different levels of Premier Soccer, without offending anyone. It may not what SC teams are happy to hear, but it is how the spots are selected and how teams are competing at the top level.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
What about the challenge and classic players? Does anyone care about them nowadays or are they just fillers? Time to re-up and get stacks on deck.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard