Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
brace
brace
Would be a mistake to over look them! There are some very good players who do not play premier for reasons other than skill. A team of nothing but challenge (or NC classic) club players from one end of the bench to the other will be a challenge for a program with a few premier players and a mix of non club/ club players. Depth is an issue that can be coached against. Still a few great players can push a team by making everyone around them look better. There is also somthing to be said for the effect of practicing every day with players who test your skills.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
This is from the SCYSA manual:
League: Region III Premier League
If you are a SC Youth Soccer Publix Challenge Cup 1st or 2nd Place Winner, then you will be asked to play in the Region III
Premier League. If 1st or 2nd place decline the opportunity, then the 3rd place team in the Publix Challenge Cup will be asked
to play. If your team finished or is declared a 1st or 2nd place finish in the previous years Premier league then you will be
asked to play in the Region III Premier League, if this opportunity arises, then 3rd place team in the Publix Challenge Cup
will be asked to play.

All teams have to applied to the Premier League.

Last edited by Bonz; 02/12/10 01:14 PM.
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

What about the challenge and classic players? Does anyone care about them nowadays or are they just fillers? Time to re-up and get stacks on deck.

Every team is not as fortunate as Mauldin to have so many Premier League players. There are at least 140 girl's HS teams in SC and probably less than 160 Premier League players playing high school soccer. So yes, the Challenge and Classic players are important. Some of the top ten 4-A teams don't have any Premier league players on their roster.

T
kick off
kick off
T
How SC picks the R3P teams is Up to SCYSA. In real terms every state gets two spots, but technically they all have to apply to the league.

T
kick off
kick off
T
In a nut shell, .........Yes, depends on the player. The idea that started this thread is quite out of line with good sportsmanship.

O
throw in
throw in
O
Mauldin has many great players! Fort Mill does, too! NC Region III, NC Premier and Classic (which is higher than Challenge in NC)league players are on it. No offense to SC, but, the NC teams do dominate the SC Region III teams. There is a lot of skill and talent in York County...just making sure this isn't being overlooked

D
Goal
Goal
D
I don't think anyone is overlooking the skill and talent of the players from York County including those that play for Fort Mill (I'm sure Mauldin won't be). There are many fine players in York County. But I didn't know that many were playing for CASL.

Unfortunately, I probably won't get to watch that many Fort Mill games this year (maybe at Viking Cup). However, I will look forward to watching all those from SC playing NC club ball in Baton Rouge this summer at the Southern Regionals along with all those Premier League players from Mauldin and other HS teams around SC.

brace
brace
Quote:

But I didn't know that many were playing for CASL.

Actually I think most of them play for CUFC and CSA teams. CSA also has team playing in the ECNL and most of their teams are placing a little higher than the CESA teams but behind the CASL teams. Not many SC players from York in regionals because club structure in this corner of the state is a bit of a mess, and it's to far for most to drive for CESA club play.
Sadly the Players are here but the organization is not.

Z
bench
bench
Z
Is Mauldin now an Academy? Are they recruiting?

Z
bench
bench
Z
Many of these Challenge players would be (or were) Premier players if CESA didn't have so many out-of-town players.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard