Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
brace
brace
Well it is "just High school soccer" after all. No one sees every game or gets to DVR the SCHSSOCCER channel every week!! If you made the playoffs last year you got seen by more people and they will be looking for you this year.
Even in one of the most team oriented sports, teams tend to be the best because of just a few players and amoung those there will almost be one you can look at and say he/she can and does carry the team more than the others.
So yes I agree with your point and yes just like the Heisman players at the big winning programs will always have the advantage, as well as upper classmen(women)

I
goal
goal
I
Right it is just High School. Didn't a SC Gamecock get a Heisman, there went that arguement! No just kidding. I just really think awards are too political. My opinion only, and do not want to keep the arguement going, just wanted to land the SC jab... sorry

I
goal
goal
I
And yea, that Charlie Ward fellow, who, was supposedly the best college player his senior year, and did not even get drafted to the NFL... jab, sorry again

My point is it is not nearly as accurate as those who want to discuss it, will ever admit.

And the guy who lost American Idol last year, really was not better than the guy he lost to, are you kidding me. Sorry again, he must not have been the best because he did not get the AWARD...

I
goal
goal
I
I guess I did want to keep the arguement going... after all. Hope your pick does well.

brace
brace
ZEN if you keep answering yourself you are going to end up in a padded room with a self hugging jacket

'All politics is local.'
Thomas P. (Tip) O'Neill, Jr., former Speaker of the House (actually told to him by his father)

I
goal
goal
I
see you there... No, just kidding... Hope your pick does as well as you wish for.

world cup
world cup
Quote:

Quote:

way to early to be even discussing POY

Why is it to early?
Only a handful of players have a realistic chance of being the POY. My money is on a player from Fort Mill.

I don't always agree with Sweet Feet, but I do respect his opinion. He's certainly on the right track with his preseason prediction.

This weekend, Fort Mill senior Taylor Parker threw her hat in the ring for Girls 4A POY. On Saturday night, against the #1 ranked Independent school from Georgia, powerhouse First Presbyterian Day, Taylor tallied a hat trick to lead the Lady Jackets to a 3-0 victory. All three goals were beautiful, with the first being the "goal of the tournament".

Sunday morning, Taylor scored two more goals against SC 3A front runner Hilton Head Island in Fort Mill's 3-1 victory over the Lady Seahawks.

Five goals in two games.....against two very good teams. Nice weekend.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
I
goal
goal
I
Congrats on the good play.... She has actually done some thing. This thread was started a month ago. It was too early then, maybe not now. The best player we have faced is the centermid from Hillcrest. I will get to see Dorman and Mauldin this week... so, that may change. Number 15 for Hillcrest, tall, fast, heads well, handles the ball well and uses some nice passes to get others involved.

world cup
world cup
Zen,

I've seen Stephanie (only a sophomore I believe) against top notch competition at the CESA Combine and at the USC womens soccer invitational camp in January. I haven't seen her play for Hillcrest but she is a phenomenal player and also worthy of being in the discussion.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
K
Kickoff
Kickoff
K
Taylor is a great player!! although I think Madeline Felinbaum (sp?) from Wando should also be looked at. She is there tall center mid, who is very good in the air.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard