Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I
goal
goal
I
Saw Byrnes, Spartanburg... my vote is still 15 from Hillcrest. Did not see her finish the other night... we did not let her that close

S
goal
goal
S
Time to revisit the topic again, who's it gonna be ? Has anyones stock risen in the past month.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Taylor Parker is an easy nomination......very smooth and a pretty player. I think she is as good a finisher as I've seen, boy or girl.

However......I really like Alissa Pantuosco, #7 from Clover. A junior, she is absolute dynamite on the ball. I think if she played for Mauldin or Dorman or Riverside or Irmo or some such school like that......she would have a much higher profile in the state.

Those are my two.....if I had a vote.

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

Taylor Parker is an easy nomination......very smooth and a pretty player. I think she is as good a finisher as I've seen, boy or girl.

However......I really like Alissa Pantuosco, #7 from Clover. A junior, she is absolute dynamite on the ball. I think if she played for Mauldin or Dorman or Riverside or Irmo or some such school like that......she would have a much higher profile in the state.

Fair enough, but Parker has a high profile playing at FM, what is the differnce between FM and clover.

brace
brace
Well, we will know a little better tomorrow night what the difference is after game two. Based one game one I would say it is that Taylor was not shut down by Clover keying on her and doubling her when they could, on the other hand Alissa was unable to break through FM in game one.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Quote:

Fair enough, but Parker has a high profile playing at FM, what is the differnce between FM and clover.

How about a key difference between Fort Mill and Clover being something like 8 straight undefeated region seasons for Fort Mill. Always being a 1 seed has helped FM make fairly deep runs into playoffs that Clover hasn't been able to pull off over the last 2-3 years where they've been good.

Clover has a talented team.....but they dont' have the depth of Fort Mill, nor do they have the longevity. Because FM has been very good in SC for a long time....they get a lot of respect that flows down to the players.

Alex Ramsey was a very, very good soccer player for a bunch of years in SC. She played at a school that wasn't that good and as a freshman didn't even make all region. Maybe the best player in her class statewide

Clover is a lot better situation than Alex was in at RH. But I think thats a perfect example of a player needing team success in order to get individual recognition.

For Alissa to get the recognition that she has earned....Clover needs to make a run. Whether they do or not though.... shouldn't negate the point that she is a phenomenal player.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Well, we will know a little better tomorrow night what the difference is after game two. Based one game one I would say it is that Taylor was not shut down by Clover keying on her and doubling her when they could, on the other hand Alissa was unable to break through FM in game one.

Having played both teams twice there is a critical difference between Taylor and Alissa...and its where they recieve the ball. In both games vs Fort Mill.....Taylor was consistently receiving the ball maybe 30-35 yards out. We lost the first game 6-0 and we gave her space....lost the second game 2-0 and pressured her intensely. In spite of high pressure and being marked closely she scored a goal and got an assist. Alissa is more apt to be receiving the ball on the defensive half of the field. Meaning she has a lot further to go and with more players to beat before she is dangerous. Taylor beats one person and she's dangerous. Its all about starting point.

Clover's challenge tomorrow will be to keep Alissa high and have someone with her to play off of. Taylor will get hers....the question will be if the Clover midfield can hold up. If not.......they ought to just go ahead and move Alissa into the middle of the field and push Jordan up.

K
Kickoff
Kickoff
K
Taylor from FM is very good, and I have had the pleasure of playing with her on the ODP level but I think Morgan Hert should be considered! She is the keeper for Mauldin and is very good. She is going to Clemson next year

R
throw in
throw in
R
Though she only a Sophomore and she does not play on a great team (Hillcrest), Stephanie DeVita should still be considered. With every team she plays set up to stop her she has still posted impressive numbers this year. I think most coaches who's teams have played against her would agree.

world cup
world cup
I've plugged Stephanie as the best soph in the state.
I'm impressed.

But I'll stop short of crowning her POY. Her time will come.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard