Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#129647 02/17/10 05:30 AM
S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Jonathan:
And any other soccer parent or HS coach that feels like chiming in, why such a thin skin when anyone brings up premier/club players, they are a part of many HS teams in SC. I made a statement/observation about the number of premier players Mauldin HS has and people got all upset, why?
BTW if you plan on playing HS soccer at Riverside, coach Archenhold requires his players play club soccer.

sweet feet #129648 02/17/10 05:44 AM
J
corner kick
corner kick
J
touche! i will speak only for myself though.

i wish that I had been so fortunate to have a starting line up of such skilled players (i think). i can't imagine the luxury that it must be to just put the players in the right spots and watch them play (for the most part). the mention of premier players doesn't bother me. it was just your delivery.

but hell...maybe i just read into it the wrong way. maybe you did just want to know how many other HS teams had such a high concentration of players at that caliber. maybe it wasn't ridiculous question...the type that i am accustomed to seeing on the boys board.

maybe...it was just me.

Jonathan #129649 02/17/10 05:52 AM
S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Jonathan,
I just enjoy girls soccer, period. Was caught off guard by Mauldins high number of Premier players, it's that simple, no dog in the fight.

sweet feet #129650 02/17/10 05:57 AM
J
corner kick
corner kick
J
sounds like it's settled...guess it was just me.

Last edited by Jonathan; 02/17/10 05:58 AM.
Jonathan #129651 02/17/10 08:45 AM
D
Goal
Goal
D
Are you kidding me? That's it? What a great catch-all thread title, and that's all you two can come up with? I'd rather watch grass grow!

Sweet Feet, "caught off guard"? When in the last 3 years did you NOT know exactly how many Premier League players were going to be on every team in SC? That's RHS and Mauldin, right? And, if the second coming of Mia Hamm showed up at RHS tryouts but did not play CLUB ball, the RHS coach wouldn't try sticking a Warrior's jersey on her? Guess he's not the coach I thought he was. (Wow, I'm liking this thread already!)

Jonathan, "we just finally got to the good stuff...results"? What results? They're SCRIMMAGES! The "hahahaha!!!" post you made on the other thread that Sweet Feet quoted was in response to DormanSoccer's report of a SCRIMMAGE between Dorman and Eastside. Dorman had a full bench of substitutes to evaluate. Eastside had a bench of... two (probably be mid-March before Eastside gets rid of the handballs after basketball season ends). Thank heaven (and the Dorman coach) for Dorman using the opportunity to evaluate its bench rather than leaving all of its Premier League players in just to try (gotta say "try") proving Dorman could blow out the other team.

C'mon guys, you can keep this catch-all-barb-throwing thread going all the way through pre-season, maybe beyond if you'd like, and leave the thread for posting scrimmage results clean of the banter.

Now, I notice neither of you have an avatar, so who wants to be...

and who wants to be...

Last edited by DeltaDog; 02/17/10 10:08 AM.
DeltaDog #129652 02/17/10 12:00 PM
J
corner kick
corner kick
J
you nasty instigator. they are results...teams are playing and we are seing scores. i am pretty sure that everyone understands that most teams aren't putting their best foot forward and are taking this chance to see what they have. but coaches are still checking out the bench and seeing where the team stands = results.

btw...i would have expected that you would be able to use the "hahahahaaha" in the post that you referenced to come to the conclusion that it was a joke. guess not.

while we're at it...don't forget Inigo Montoya.

Jonathan #129653 02/17/10 03:10 PM
S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Delta:
Funny stuff...However, you have a couple daughters that play both HS and club soccer why in your opinion do HS coaches get rattled over the HS club comparison?

sweet feet #129654 02/17/10 05:44 PM
bench
bench
Overrated(Clap Clap CLAPCLAPCLAP)

sweet feet #129655 02/17/10 06:15 PM
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Sweetfeet, I have been trying to ignore you and your flames but I am going to make this one exception and respond to you ONCE then I am logging off. This subject has been discussed AD NAUSEUM and I would really like it to stop. So here goes the HS coach perspective:

HS coaches (unless they are delusional) understand that they are only as good as the players that happen to live in their district. Most of us work very hard to put the best product we can on the field but in the end it is the "jimmys and joes, not the x's and o's". Therefore, we set our goals and expectations based on our talent level. I don't know anybody that thinks their team is good because of their coaching alone.

We get frustrated when you and others rant on about this club player and that club player because everybody should understand that the clubs RECRUIT and would be NOTHING if they did not control the holy grail...entry to Region III premier.

Let's take my team for instance. EVERY ONE of the girls on my team (including the ones that play for CESA)started with local clubs, heck they started with the local ymca! I have always encouraged our girls to try out for CESA because they would be competing for a spot with the best girls from across the state. CESA has taken some of our best and done very well for them, but they didn't take all of them.

HS coaches do not have that luxury of picking and choosing. We actually have to help develop some of them rather than picking an allstar team and rolling the ball out for them to kick around. And before anybody gets upset about that statement, please understand that I know the training and facilities available at CESA are great, but are they really better than the college coaches that work so hard with CASA or the work being done at other places around the state?

I don't know, but it is NOT fair to be so smug when speaking to or about coaches like Roseberry, Chass, Jonathan (when he was in Easley) and all the others that know WAY more soccer than you and work their buts off to just make playoffs and maybe get a girl or two (that CESA wouldn't have) a little recognition or maybe a college scholarship. Plus, remember that most HS coaches are teachers too. I teach Biology, Jonathan teaches 8th grade science, Roseberry teaches English...we are not soccer bums. What do the club guys do? Are you REALLY getting your money's worth?

I am sorry you are bored and want to stir things up for your entertainment, but you will not get my participation on one of your threads again.

Quote:

Delta:
Funny stuff...However, you have a couple daughters that play both HS and club soccer why in your opinion do HS coaches get rattled over the HS club comparison?

sweet feet #129656 02/17/10 06:43 PM
J
corner kick
corner kick
J
i agree, cj...apples to oranges.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard