brace
Post deleted by Kyle Heise

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
sweet feet #129678 02/18/10 06:47 PM
brace
brace
Quote:

ROH,
Im really suprised that the guys at CESA wouldn't give your daughter another tryout. The DOC's of CESA are aware of all the top talent in the state.

If that was the only day I had seen her, I wouldn't have given her another chance either. But when she scored more than 50% of the goals on the challenge team, and scored on the Premier team against the Premier defense and goalie, I might have reconsidered. She doesn't care - her friends are on the Challenge team and she loved playing there. It's all good.

Hobo #129679 02/18/10 06:48 PM
C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
Flip side for perspective (thanks, Hobo, for introducing it); I have one freshman girl this year who has transferred to our school this year and who plays high-level club soccer. She has joined a team of girls who are all high-school-only, rec, and one Classic player and has meshed seamlessly with her teammates. She's respectful, hard-working, and humble, and has won the respect of her team not only for her playing ability, but even more so for her great attitude and work ethic.

Her father gets almost as intense as Sweet sometimes, but he's a co-worker and friend of mine so I have plenty of opportunity to keep him from getting wound too tight.

I guess the lesson is that everyone has their stereotypes, no matter which direction they're looking from; I suppose each one has some basis in a grain of truth, but most of the time they represent the glaring minority; getting to really know the players and the coaches on both sides of the coin tends to reveal a different and more prevalent truth.

I've got good news and bad news...
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

I really don't know ANY high school coaches who want a parent "coaching" (I always ask at the parent meeting how many of my parents played professional soccer. It kind of sets the tone.) or criticizing period.

CJ, has the record with 6 dads that have played for the Anderson Aresonal team in the Hartwell Lake Premier league.

That there is an RV Clark......
Hobo #129681 02/18/10 06:57 PM
S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Quote:

Sweetfeet how much did that undefeated Premier coaching experiance cost ya? ha ha . And was it worth it? never mind I know the answer to that.

PRICELESS!!!

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

But one gripe from own little brown eyes is the "language" factor that seems to be prevalent in almost every Premier player. If you do not talk profane smack you are a wimp. This comes from hearing it from the sideline, from watching the vulgarness and the belief that it is intimidating. And it is a factor in premier soccer.

You got to be freakin kidding me!!! I here way more of that language in High School. And I promise you that the language is not a factor from playing premier. THAT COMES FROM HOME, I promise ya. I know the premier refs do not put up with that stuff as well as the coach's. You have got to have a chip on your shoulder for making a stupid statement like that. Sorry but you caught me while I am sitting in an airport while my plane is delayed. And I actually have time to respond to your stupid statement.

That there is an RV Clark......
Hobo #129683 02/18/10 07:06 PM
C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
Ohhh, and just like that we're back to attacking each other and calling people "stupid"...

I had such high hopes for a moment.

Sigh.

I've got good news and bad news...
Coach Chass #129684 02/18/10 07:07 PM
S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Hobo:
Tell us how you really feel.

Hobo #129685 02/18/10 07:09 PM
brace
brace
Quote:

Quote:

"the language is not a factor from playing premier. THAT COMES FROM HOME, I promise ya. I know the premier refs do not put up with that stuff as well as the coach's. You have got to have a chip on your shoulder for making a stupid statement like that. Sorry but you caught me while I am sitting in an airport while my plane is delayed. And I actually have time to respond to your stupid statement.

Hey Bo: God created us equal (except your kid got to play Premier I guess). He gave us both ears (two of them). DURING high school games, where I coach, about thirty yards away, I have heard as profane language as I have ever heard and in my opinion it is from the kids who excel and the ones who are awful - not the middle ground. I would agree it comes from the home. We don't talk like that in our house.

Hobo #129686 02/18/10 07:11 PM
brace
brace
Quote:

Quote:

I actually have time to respond to your stupid statement.

Stupid? I am retired, coaching high school soccer for fun, pretty successfully I might add, and you are ticked off waiting for a plane? I hand you the mirror, Sir.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard