S
Little:
Furman, congratulations Dog

Coach Young #129698 02/19/10 01:22 AM
D
Goal
Goal
D
Sign? What "sign"? Took her down to the bus stop, found a group of nuns headed to Arkansas that had an extra one-way ticket and a spare $18.36!!! Seemed like a good deal to me. Gave the kid the ticket, took the money, stuck her on the bus, gave the nuns 36 cents change, waved and said, "Don't forget to write."

brace
brace
Quote:

But one gripe from own little brown eyes is the "language" factor that seems to be prevalent in almost every Premier player.

I DISAGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT, PARTICULARLY THE WORDS "PREVALENT" AND "ALMOST EVERY"! (And I am the one who made the statement)

I woke up at 3 am last night thinking about what I had stated on this forum. When I got up this morning, I read it. It is just not true due to these three words, so I am going to restate it and apologize for making the original statement.

"I have heard 5 premier players use profane language beyond any reason to intimidate less talented players in high school games. They are from a very small range of players/friends/teams/clubs. As I thought about it through the night, that range is infinitely small. So, in conclusion, of the hundreds of premier players in South Carolina girls' soccer, 97% or so are highly talented, soccer-playing kids whom I respect and love to watch play." I let the 5 specific kids influence my overview and let my emotion take over in my original statement that said "almost every premier player". Hobo, it was stupid. I have never heard a CASA player do that, and you were right to be offended. Your daughter is one of the best, classiest players I have ever watched. My apology. Addidaskitten: Nothing has changed. It is still the best soccer in SC.

Please accept my apology. I have reattached my brain to my mouth.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Thank you Coach..
I took issue with your comment but refrained from getting into the sword fight..
I knew..that you knew better.

D
Goal
Goal
D
"... It always gets down to the data."

Hey, you were on a roll, and in the heat of the moment you never know what might pop out your mouth.

At least that's what the kid said. I'm keeping the $18.00.

Last edited by DeltaDog; 02/19/10 05:47 PM.
DeltaDog #129702 02/19/10 05:38 PM
D
Goal
Goal
D
Kind of like... I would post a score from last night's Byrnes/Eastside scrimmage, but I know Jonathan's out there somewhere waiting to DROP A POT ON MY HEAD!!!

DeltaDog #129703 02/19/10 05:55 PM
G
bench
bench
G
I can usually read this forum and be amused how out of control it gets. However, this time I feel that I need to comment on a game that I observed last year where the Blue Ridge coaches and/or fans were warned by the ref to stop the bad language or he was going to eject them.

I would like to think that my daughter doesn't use that language on the field, but in reality I think it happens sometimes...I have been at games where she has endured a lot of abuse by parents as well...so everything has two sides!

DeltaDog #129704 02/19/10 05:58 PM
J
corner kick
corner kick
J

brace
brace
Quote:

I can usually read this forum and be amused how out of control it gets. However, this time I feel that I need to comment on a game that I observed last year where the Blue Ridge coaches and/or fans were warned by the ref to stop the bad language or he was going to eject them.

I would like to think that my daughter doesn't use that language on the field, but in reality I think it happens sometimes...I have been at games where she has endured a lot of abuse by parents as well...so everything has two sides!

I was there too. Actually there were two games. Was it the one where I walked into the stands and told the fan that I would walk them out if they continued? Or was it the playoff game against Eastside where a group of adults began to complain about Andy Robinson's world class daughters who as ball girls weren't "hustling" enough to get balls when in reality they were just holding the score down in compassion.

I put in a Parents' Rules list this year at our first day Parents' Meeting. I informed them that any parent or fan (and that includes opposing fans at our home games) will be removed from the stadium if they refer to an on-field player, BR or opponent, by name, number, or in any way identifying and singling out that child in a derogatory manner. That rule is in. I will personally walk them out if they do it.

We took care of our house. Has your school done the same?

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
world cup
world cup
I went to church in Blue Ridge.....and a soccer match broke out!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard