Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
throw in
throw in
L
Hey, many of us were thrilled our UTK football coach left, and then very angry when he got to LA and complained about the SEC not knowing how to play football. We don't think he could beat enough teams in the SEC to build his reputation, so he left, although there are plenty of cute girls at UTK. That said however, the UTK Lady Vol soccer program is a class act. I hear every negative and every positive thing almost every day and from an older, maybe wiser, perspective, I surmise a team and a program that is a class act despite the ocassional player-daughter complaint. Our coach is an old Anson Dorrance player and close personal friends with Mia Hamm, Trish Venturi, and Christine Lilly, (yes name dropping for any potential recruits) and their ocassional visits and presence, plus the coach's UNC experienced skills help add to a tough but classy program. They adhere to the 20 hours a week during season and 8 hours a week out of season but have very tough study time rules. What is really fun is the bond, and fun, the players have with the other female atheletes, Lady Vol basketball players, rowers, divers, volleyball players, golfers, all good friends. All I have met have been polite, fun, and "classy" and I enjoy their company. Hopefully the football will be classy this year as well.

corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
i have a few more question.

im trying to download the ncaa rules but my pc is kind of slow, maybe any college coach out there may be able to help.

one of my friends told me that even if you contact an agent you will get penalized by the ncaa and you wont be able to play, how true is that? ncaa is soccer is kind of complicated...

another question that i have, do you need a masters to coach college soccer or just a bachelors? whats the process to become a college coach? do you have to teach once you are a college coach or your job is only to be the manager of the team and thats it?

thanks any information would be appreciated.

Club of the century.
L
throw in
throw in
L
I certainly am not an expert in NCAA Women's soccer rules but am pretty sure the agent contact clause is in there, and certainly is as part of the amateur disclosure questionnaire. I think if you have contact you have to disclose and then maybe answer questions for a status review. I read the rules when my daughter had to sign all of the paperwork, and we had to sign all of the disclosure paperwork. I actually learned a lot.

Of the college coaches I know, most all have bachelor degrees. I think I have only known one or two with Master's degrees. They also only coach and do not teach, but many went through the student assistant coach to assistant coach to assistant head coach to head coach career route.

K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
Regarding agents-you can't have them or talk to them just like football; there are ways to play for your national team and so forth..i think if i remember you technically can not play for a team ie. club if you are still in college playing with your collegiate team...i know some of the younger players will play for regionals with u-19's..

regarding coaching-every school is different in requirements; most want a person who has coached at the college level or have coaching experience; nowadays most want someone with a master's so they can teach-typically pe class..alot go through the graduate assistant program or be a student assistant...others it is through connections and knowing coaches;
the smaller schools and lower divisions may not pay a high salary to just coach at the college-so coaching club or being a director of a club adds onto the salary...all depends on the school and what they want the coach to have..also, some want them to have coaching licenses too

corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
how many d2 soccer colleges are in south carolina? im wondering if is too late to try to get an scholarship, when do they usually close the signing for the fall?

i know of usc aiken, francis marion, lander.

pm me if you have any more details on it. im trying to play some this fall.

Club of the century.
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
by the way, somebody told me they wont let you play college soccer d1 anymore if you are over 23 years old, is that true? why is that?

do they do that for ncaa football as well?

Club of the century.
S
Goal
Goal
S
Alma,
Also, some college players play on PDL teams. PDL is a league in the USL umbrella of leagues, (the Battery plays in USL2 league). PDL allows college players to play in the summer and still maintain their NCAA college eligibility. In fact, Brigham Young University in Utah (the BYU Cougars) don't play in an NCAA league at all, they only play in PDL. USL also has a women's league....the W League....but I'm not familiar with it, not sure if its amateur or pro.

http://www.uslsoccer.com/teams/

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard