Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Brace
Brace
J
Final:
Irmo-3
NW-1

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
Corner Kick
Corner Kick

Final:
Irmo-3
NW-1

Uh-Oh!!! What happened to the "invincibles"?

corner kick
corner kick
It's to early to make any assumptions at this moment. Although im sure Irmo's depth helped them alot more than Northwestern's did throughout the tournament. It was also more like a home field advantage for Irmo.

M
brace
brace
M
@ Chapin

IRMO - 3
Northwesten - 1

Today, hundreds of IRMO Nation fans saw a glimpse of what to expect this season as the composure from ALL players produced a great exhibition of tactical soccer on a crowned pitch during the 2010 Lake Murray Challenge Final.

In the first minute the IRMO defense would make a huge mistake and miss the clearance of a ball to Garbanzo leaving Sullivan to clear it away. Instead, Garbanzo would be taken down in the box leaving Keeper Stephen Arneson to face Garbanzo who netted the PK as Arneson got a hand on the ball for the near save.

IRMO fought back to score on a set piece between Lunceford and Rogers roughly fifteen minutes after the NW goal leaving the two teams tied 1-1 at the halfway mark.

Unlike the 2009 State Final where NW came out and handed it to IRMO, this time it was IRMO who controlled the tempo generating two more goals.

Goal number two came from a Lunceford cross and great one time finish from 10 yards out by Matt Sieverding.

Goal number three came from a ball sent into the area by Zach Acree which was finished by sophomore Matt Manter.

Sophomores, Connor Dunbaker, Matt Freeman, Joe Bivona, Matt Manard and Josh Jenkins all played huge roles in the win today and throughout this pre-season tournament.

IRMO has great depth and a tremendous fan base going into the seaosn.

Stats:
Goal: AJ Rogers, Assist: Emmett Lunceford
Goal: Matt Sieverding, Assist: Emmett Lunceford
Goal: Matt Manter, Assist: Zach Acree
MVP: Emmett Lunceford

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Nice recap Manchester. Great game to watch as it was competitive and full of energy. Hats off to those Northwestern fans who traveled with their team and showed great sportsmanship! OMHO I don't think this years NW team comes close to last years team. I'm sure they'll work out alot before State Championship time. Will be interested to see when NWHXCOACH posts stats how many SOG that NW ended up with. Don't think they came anywhere near their usual offensive attack. Great weekend of soccer!

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
Greenwood did not have all starters in the Irmo or the Hammond game. Some players that started in the Hammond game were freshman JV players.

Goal
Goal

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
Goal
Goal

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
corner kick
corner kick
any time i heard "irmo soccer" only great things come to mind. excelent soccer program. it reminds me of home. the passion and the tradition for soccer among irmo soccer players is something you dont see very often in the usa, is special.

congratulations. this program deserve this and more.

i dont think any other high school soccer program in the nation can match that, northwestern is also another great program.

good luck the reason of the season. looking forward to watch the rematch in the state final.

Club of the century.
S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

I called it almost perfect!

Semis
Chapin, Northwestern, Irmo, Hammond

Finals
Northwestern defeats Irmo

Hammond and Dutch Fork disappointed this weekend.

"Almost" perfect--except the Hammond pick and the final game that went Irmo's way! Outstanding play by Irmo is a very "chippy" game.

And "Hammond disappointed"???--you obviously did not see
any of the Hammond games this weekend. They were impressive IMHO in the games that I saw--Coach Pinasco has these guys playing well and it appears to be CN and Hammond in the drivers seat in SCISA with Pinewood in an early season funk.
But i will give you "Dutch Fork disappointed"--tough weekend for the young team of Coach Woodward's.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard