Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#130339 03/08/10 01:26 AM
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
In 4A, I'd rank Irmo one spot higher ahead of a young (but good) Dutch Fork squad.

3A, how can HHI drop so far without playing? They should be ranked #5.

2A, I think Waccamaw's results were better than BE's results....move 'em up top!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Hurst66 #130340 03/08/10 06:56 PM
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
I agree that Waccamaw looked very good, and what they did to Byrnes...whew! The problem is that the top of 2A is very good and even Woodruff could make a claim with two ties and a victory over 3 4A schools. Oh, and Christ Church will be in that mix too, once they get a few games in.

I agree with your assessment of Irmo and DF. Also, I hate to admit it but I am not sure we deserved to jump Fort Mill. Of course we are enjoying our highest rank ever, but FM is very good...I am not a fan of those electric blue unis though

Quote:

In 4A, I'd rank Irmo one spot higher ahead of a young (but good) Dutch Fork squad.

3A, how can HHI drop so far without playing? They should be ranked #5.

2A, I think Waccamaw's results were better than BE's results....move 'em up top!

CJ #130341 03/09/10 03:26 AM
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Hurst...agreed Irmo needs to be atop of the young Dutch Fork team; maybe it was Mike Mauldin who got those Silver Foxes above the Yellow Jackets in the rankings, whatever the reason it should be swapped. Lexington should be lowered also...not impressed!

I have to imagine Bishop England must be getting nervous seeing Waccamaw's results from this past weekend. could this be the year that BE doesn't win state???

CRAZIE #130342 03/09/10 03:54 AM
S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

I have to imagine Bishop England must be getting nervous seeing Waccamaw's results from this past weekend. could this be the year that BE doesn't win state???

I look for Woodruff to knock off BE this year

M
throw in
throw in
M
Bishop England doesn't get nervous. I give Waccamaw credit for a good game every year for Lower State. It's too bad the best two teams in 2A have to knock each other out for State. BE defense will continue to thwart Waccamaw. Nothing's changed.

Last edited by Marta; 03/09/10 01:44 PM.
Marta #130344 03/09/10 02:15 PM
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Arrogance from Island of Daniel. Enjoyable but you're not Irmo so it's moderately less enjoyable.

If you don't understand what I'm saying above let me put it in BE girls terms:

**** YOU *** MUTHA****** **** SILLY *****! PIECE OF **** REFEREE! **** YOU!!!!

Puttin A's on B's
M
throw in
throw in
M
WOW TugJobber! Are you President of the BE Bashers Club? There seem to be plenty of them on this board.

Marta #130346 03/09/10 04:30 PM
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Following is a post I made after our game with BE two years ago. The match took place 6 days after my mother's death and I will never forget the kindness the BE folks showed me. Therefore, I take everything negative said about them with a very large grain of salt.

Re: Taco Bell Viking Cup 2008 [Re: CoachMorris]
#94173 - 02/23/08 06:24 AM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

For what its worth, here are my thoughts from last night:

Field SV2 was an absolute mosh pit last night. I saw the last bit of Dorman/Wren and it was a muddy mess, but we are all very thankful to get the games done. Every other tournament in the state postponed. Great job, Steve!

Our match with BE was very evenly matched with both teams having to adjust to playing more long balls than usual.

W&E did his usual great job of getting every ounce of effort from his team as they won their match with Myrtle Beach.

Finally, I want everyone to know what a class act Dave Snyder and his girls from BE are. The past week has obviously been tough for my family and his girls came over to me after the game with a sympathy card and some very nice words. I must admit I was a little overwhelmed (okay, a lot overwhelmed)by the gesture. This is absolutely why I love coaching girls, and again I want to thank you all for your care and sympathy during this time.

Marta #130347 03/09/10 05:34 PM
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

WOW TugJobber! Are you President of the BE Bashers Club? There seem to be plenty of them on this board.

Not really...just had to get the boat out onto the lake a fire off a few shots near Dreher Island. Probably wouldn't have to aim them at you were it not for the rolling of my eyes I do while reading any of your posts

Puttin A's on B's
CRAZIE #130348 03/09/10 05:55 PM
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Hurst...agreed Irmo needs to be atop of the young Dutch Fork team; maybe it was Mike Mauldin who got those Silver Foxes above the Yellow Jackets in the rankings, whatever the reason it should be swapped...

Coach Mauldin has no involvement with the SCSOCCER.com rankings process.

Marta #130349 03/10/10 04:58 AM
G
bench
bench
G
Quote:

Bishop England doesn't get nervous. I give Waccamaw credit for a good game every year for Lower State. It's too bad the best two teams in 2A have to knock each other out for State. BE defense will continue to thwart Waccamaw. Nothing's changed.

Marta- You must be a new Bishop England supporter because I doubt someone who has been around the program for a while would be trying to draw more attention to the team. The Bishop England team has always been about proving it on the field, not on some anonymous message board. Your posts are giving other teams "bulletin board material" and honestly reflect poorly on the team as a whole.

While I am at it, I might as well comment about the BE game this weekend. As a BE supporter, I am disappointed to hear about what happened in the game against BC. I would hope the coaching staff at BE takes this seriously, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one..

One last thing- The weakest part of the BE team this year may be its defense. Remember, you lost an all-state defender and an all-state goalkeeper. To beat Waccamaw, BE will have to have a great game. Its the same thing every year. To say that BE isn't nervous is completely wrong. Being nervous is good- if you aren't nervous then you don't care.

gamer18 #130350 03/10/10 02:06 PM
M
throw in
throw in
M
I started my original post mainly to point out that the BE-BC game score was incorrect on the Viking Cup website. Bishop England has not had a voice on this board. Sorry you take offense to mine. In the past few years Waccamaw has sometimes been ranked ahead of BE despite marked differences in strength of schedule. Rankings determine field advantage in the end. While every team must prove itself on the field and not on a message board, lobbying apparently plays a part and it has already started.

The “bulletin board material” you refer to was already on here before I made my first post. I’m sure BE does not have the only player that’s ever gotten a yellow card for language. No one likes it and no one approves. If you look back at the posts you’ll note that there was some reasonable discussion of this issue that followed.

You may want to take a second look at the BE defense. We have an all-state defender, two all-region defenders, several premier and challenge players who have been playing since they were freshmen. These are the same players who have played the same Waccamaw offense for years in club and high school and won each time. If you re-read my posts you’ll see I complimented Waccamaw on being quality competition and in my opinion better than the upstate teams we’ve played in State. Compliments to an opponent “reflects poorly” on the team?

Finally, you have an interesting view of the word “nervous”. Webster’s defines nervous as “timid, apprehensive, uneasy, unsteady”. It was not a compliment. Is BE excited, pumped, focused and prepared? Yes. That’s why I said BE doesn’t get nervous. BOTH teams will have to bring their “A” game to win.

Thanks for being a BE supporter. It’s great soccer.

Marta #130351 03/10/10 02:27 PM
Brace
Brace
Quote:

We have an all-state defender, two all-region defenders, several premier and challenge players who have been playing since they were freshmen.

Hmmmmm ... all-region??? Ashley Ridge, Bishop England, Burke, Cane Bay, Garrett Tech, Woodland ... not to disrespect the other schools, but I'm sure BE could pretty much have an all-region player at each position in that region if allowed.

Talon #130352 03/10/10 02:37 PM
M
throw in
throw in
M
Maybe all-region wasn't a good example Talon. The point being that losing two players on defense is not going to make the BE defense fall apart. There are other good players to step up. The all-region defenders are also challenge players who have contributed greatly to the defense in the past few years(and defended the Waccamaw offense in club).

Marta #130353 03/10/10 03:03 PM
L
Goal
Goal
L
omg - someone please move BE soccer up to 3a where they belong.

Marta #130354 03/10/10 03:04 PM
bench
bench
Challenge=Pay more money for coaches to coach players not getting better

McLOVIN #130355 03/10/10 09:24 PM
L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Excuse my ignorance and I'm sure someone has probably covered this in the past, but can someone tell me why BE plays 2A and not SCISA? Would SCISA not be more competitive?

T
TS Offline
goal kick
goal kick
T
I guess it is an option for private schools, there are a few in the upstate that also play in the SCHSL.

Hurst66 #130357 03/10/10 11:35 PM
brace
brace
Tonights FM vs Spartanburg game should give FM a chance to get things back on track after VC. Sburg always seems to play them very tough and with home field they will be looking to take FM!

G
bench
bench
G
The reason BE plays in 2A has more to do with enrollment than anything else. Bishop England's enrollment is around 800, which would make it the largest SCISA school by a pretty good amount. I think Porter-Gaud's K-12 enrollment is close to BE's 9-12 enrollment. While it may not be true every year for every sport, there is a good chance BE would win more championships every year than they currently do just based on the larger enrollment. It would be like Wando playing 2A. The best competition for BE, currently, is in the SCHSL. In the future this may change, though.

gamer18 #130359 03/11/10 12:20 AM
brace
brace
Or say like Riverside playing 3A (Did I say that outloud??? Sorry!! )

U
throw in
throw in
U
Chief why are you in such a hurry to get RHS up to 4A? It doesn't benefit your HS team at all.RHS moves up to 4A you drop a notch in the 4A poll. Enjoy it while you can.

brace
brace
No actually we drop to 3A, and RHS being gone will lessen the competition !!

Actually I was just poking to get Transplant, he/she seems to take everything I say about Riverside as a personal attack, when I have acknowledged that they are a very good team. I know it is not the girls fault that they have played "down" for last 2 years just like it is not our girls fault they have had to play "up" for last two! We were well into 3A size yet came within about 5-10 min (1-0 that girls almost held till equalizer then ot loss) of taking out Mauldin and going to State Champ game last year, where would that have put our girls had they been playing in 3A?? (but alas shoulda, woulda, coulda never gets it done!)

brace
brace
Oh and for us dropping in poll with RHS in 4A well RHS will have to beat some top quality 4A's to make that happen

(ok sorry again, I can not help myself, meant to be funny not mean, just in the spirt of good clean smarty pants)

Last edited by The Chief; 03/11/10 02:32 AM.
U
throw in
throw in
U
If you think your in for a cake walk in 3A after you leave 4A and Riverside isn't there, you might want to think again. How is a HS girls team from your area going to compete with a team like Eastside or Greenville? I don't think any Girls HS team from your area has ever won a championship at any level have they? RHS plays the top 4a and 3a schedule every year and there's no difference in competition. We beat them sometime, they beat us sometime. You won't see any difference from the league games your playing now to the 3a schedule you'll play next year. You need to get your AD to schedule some tough out of league games in the upstate next year to get you battle ready. Good luck next year.

brace
brace
I was only making a tongue in cheek comment about the competition being less without RHS, but since you feel so strongly about it let’s see.

RHS since 2008 5 losses to 4A, 1 Tie, 3 wins (1 unranked, others 11th and 13th to finish season) I guess you can call this beating top 4A teams sometimes?? Compete against Eastside or Greenville?/ I guess if they are tougher than the 4A team from "your" area then they may struggle but it seems like our girls have held their own against better team than RHS usually beats so I guess they should be ok. When the best win against a 4A team I can find for them over last several years is against a team that finishes 11th ranked I am not sure you should be crowing about how ready you are for the move up. I think our AD/ coach has done a good job planning tough out of league games (check the schedule) I think they go just a little bigger than RHS (not insulting RHS I mean the schedule for FM is tougher than RHS not that RHS is not tough, there hopefully will not start fire with that comment too!) when looking for a challenge. But I would suggest your AD line you up with a few tougher games, your schedule looks a little thin, to get ready for your jump next year.

As for no one from this area winning a girl’s championship I guess not, but I think if we can get them to let us play down in the AA/A bracket we could have a shot! (After all we are only the size of 3A so it would be same as RHS last year, but then again after seeing the Waca-mole and BE scores last weekend maybe we will just stick to 3A next year! )

See now I gone a spun all that out cause I could not keep from cracking a little joke! Look I could care less about RHS, since we have not played them why would they be a rival. I simply see numbers and what I perceive as the facts (we likely all see them different!). They won a state championship it was not given to them for that I applaud them. Sad thing is that they won it while playing at what I think the facts clearly indicate is a level below where they should have been but that’s life. You decide if you think it was where they should have been place then feel happy with it, I could care less.

Good luck with rest of this year and enjoy the move up next year.

J
corner kick
corner kick
J
this just went from discussion to lecture.

G
bench
bench
G
It sure doesn't sound like "you could care less about RHS". You have and continue to downplay the efforts and skill of this team based on the size of the school they attend. I honestly don't think the size of the school determines the abilities of the soccer players. Your "joke" really isn't too funny when you take away the achievements that these girls obtained last year. Maybe if you feel the need to consistently complain that they play teams beneath them, you need to actually see them play.

brace
brace
OK, so you use your second post on your 2 week old, I guess your new here, account to jump into this?

Well it was a joke, look at the preceding post it was about a really good team playing below where the poster thought they should be. My joke was about me running my “mouth” about it last year; I was more poking fun at me than RHS note the “did I say that out loud” part!

Of course the size of the school does not determine the skills of the players. What it does do is determine how many skilled players you are likely to have. So bigger schools, more players, see the math there?

I have never taken away from the fact that they won, it seems that every time it comes up I get accused of belittling them but I have never tried to take away from the fact that they won. It seems more likely to me that those who are so sensitive about it feel it is unfair that I am pointing out simple facts. I wonder why?

Look RHS was 4A size and chose to play at 3A, period! Do not feel slighted when it is pointed out that you beat a bunch of 3A schools who were 3A and played where they belong, if it bothers you then explain why you staying down was the “right thing to do”, else just accept the fact that it looks like you won a state championship because you played down a level. Like it or not that is what it looks like! Do not think that winning a second this year will gain any more recognition as your are the 36th largest school playing what should be the 48th to 96th schools in the state (actually I think South Aiken is 47th). No amount of complaining on your part can change that appearance, just like no amount of me pointing it out will change the fact that you are still the champs!

You won, enjoy it, and ignore the bantering of those like me who sometime feel that facts should be pointed out.

I would love to see them play as I have no doubt they are a very good team and I enjoy watching good soccer. Look I have no animosity toward the girls I am only pointing out what I see as facts. Do not fool yourself in to thinking that I am the only one who sees it. I am just the only one willing to comment on it. It is neither personal nor significant to me.

I will simply defend myself against unfair accusation of bias or dislike of what are very likely nice girls who try very hard to be the best players they can.

goal kick
goal kick
Post deleted by transplant

Relax...breathe,then bust it!!
brace
brace
OH, ouch!

Yes, I do understand the lack of any valid argument by you results in a need to respond as such. Therefore fire away, it does not change anything. Maybe it helps you feel better about yourself and for that I am glad to help. Yes I know the truth hurts but well it is still the truth.

Feel free to explain with "your facts" anytime. I did not throw the insults or names so go ahead with your brilliant responses.

now that you have pulled your post I am glad I did not say anything rude in response or I would look like a buffoon or the ******* you called me

Last edited by The Chief; 03/12/10 01:10 PM.
brace
brace
Look I did not set out to hurt anyone's feelings and if I did I am sorry because that is/was not my intent. I just happen to be somewhat politically incorrect. I can see how some might see what I have said as hurtful or mean ... well I have said enough on this and think I should just stop digging.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard