Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
Also e-mail to SCSoccer.com so the S.C. High School Soccer Scoreboard can be updated accordingly. Thanks!

J
bench
bench
J
spring valley wins over lexington in pks

it was a thirller

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
@ GHS
Gaffney- 2
Byrnes- 1 OT

Brace
Brace
Academic Magnet 2
Fort Dorchester 3 (PKs)

HAMIL
The Voice of Reason

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
This was Midland Valley's first varsity soccer game since 1992. Kudos to Coach Germany and the Mustangs for a good effort. It's good to see another school adding soccer and trying to grow the game.

3/8/10

Midland Valley 0-11 Brookland-Cayce
Graniteville, SC - L.L. Willis Stadium

Halftime: BC 4-0 MV.
Goals: (BC) Herbert Cojulun 3, Taylor Lewis 2, Christian Nordenstam 2, Ryan Bristow, Juan Flores. Thomas Harris, Jose Rojas.
Assists: (BC) Cojulun 2, Harris, Rojas.
Shots: BC 45-1 MV.
Saves: (BC - 1) Josh Boatwright 1; (MV - 20) Manny Medina 14, Sergio Lopez 6.
Corner Kicks: BC 3-0 MV.
Offsides: BC 12-1 MV.
Fouls: BC 6-12 MV.
Cautions: none.
Ejections: none.
Weather: Clear, 68 Degrees.
Officials: Scott Bodolosky, Mike Wetzel.
Records: BC (4-1-1, 1-0 Region 5-3A); MV (0-1-0, 0-1 Region 5-3A).

brace
brace
Welcome back, ouch! Did the BC keeper score too? Well I guess they know it's going to be a very long season.

B
bench
bench
B
JL Mann 2

Dorman 1

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

spring valley wins over lexington in pks

it was a thirller

it certainly was. very tight game between them. sv kept composure after going down 1-0 then with under 2 minutes in regulation. an amazing cross by Antoine Parris to Nick Aizcorbe who headed it in for the finish and equalizer. went to two 5 minute OTs and still tied so pks. then SV came through with those, well done!

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
corner kick
corner kick
im sorry but i just find that the BC and Midland Valley score is a little out of hand. 11-0 seriously?

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
N
bench
bench
N
Nation Ford 3 - 1 Blythewood

C
throw in
throw in
C
Covenant Central 3
Governor's School 0

C
Brace
Brace
C
At Ashley Ridge
West Ashley 3
Ashley Ridge 0

L
kick off
kick off
L
Why run the score up on a co-ed team? Good for Spring Valley, they needed a big win.

A
Goal
Goal
A
If you want to see scores that are intentionally run up just go to the records section of the HSL and you will see them in the mid 20's and higher.
I am sure that B.C. held back to keep it to 4 at the half. I am sure at some point, probably the half, they put in their subs with the least experience. Tough to tell those guys not to score.
These are not classless coaches, or a classless program. I am sure they did what they could. Sportsmanship is high on their adgenda.
By the way, if you go the the HSL site referenced above you will see the Vikings you mention above have 2 of the top five score differential records. This by no means is directed at Coach Clark(I know he wasn't their at the time) or the current Viking team.

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Quote:

im sorry but i just find that the BC and Midland Valley score is a little out of hand. 11-0 seriously?

Oh no - please tell me we're not starting week 1 with this debate again. I'm sure Heise had in all the subs and possibly even a pass rule in effect. After that what more can you do?

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
TAKE THAT TAKE THAT TAKE THAT....

@ GUCCI MANE... HI HATER!

Stuff White People Like: #589 - Guy Fieri
Corner Kick
Corner Kick

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
I'm sure Heise had in all the subs and possibly even a pass rule in effect.

FWIW ... I don't feel like I have to respond to this, but since I have a student-teacher in 1st Block this morning ...

To be certain, we only have a roster of 17 players. Our starting goalkeeper was out recovering from a concussion. We disciplined one starter (had started every match) for having his I-Pod on after we got off the interstate and he didn't play for the first 20 minutes. We started a goalkeeper that had not played but 50 minutes all preseason (9 games). We started two players that had not started all year. Our leading scorer was a freshman and two goals came from him playing outside midfield. Our stopper had a brace as well on runs from the back. Our reserves played maximum minutes for the year to date. We emphasized endline serves and pushing for 1-2s. We were offsides a dozen times, so that pretty much indicates the pace of the match. Not much else we can do.

Midland Valley is to be congratulated for fielding a team, but they knew that their first year was going to be a challenge, especially in this particular region. From what I gather, the Mustangs attempted to have a girls team as well, but several of their club players decided not to play when faced with the reality that this might be a difficult year, much to their coaches disappointment. I am glad in one respect that MV has a team now, as I believe all Class 4A and 3A schools should be able to field a team, but I also wish that there was a year of JV or perhaps a non-aligned region year, where they could get their feet wet against teams of similar caliber.

On an individual note, kudos to "Manny" who played in goal the first half and in the field the second half. He's a good player and competed with a great spirit! Good luck to Midland Valley the remainder of the year.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Clover - 5
Indian Land - 0

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

TAKE THAT TAKE THAT TAKE THAT....

@ GUCCI MANE... HI HATER!

. Hahahaha oh you.....

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
EY MANG WHEN THEY LET YOU OUT? OBAMA THROWIN OUT PARDONS TO SOME REAL BRUHS OUT HERE. HE KNOW HOW TO DO IT.

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
So in reading Coach Heise's response I'm thinking he possibly misunderstood my comments. What I was getting at is I have seen many coaches employ tactics when games get "ugly" that include playing subs maximum minutes and some even employ tactics like passing rules. As in all sports, at the end of the day as a coach you can only do so much when these type situtations arise. Thankfully, it's not very often. Simply put, I do not believe many coaches would be standing on the sideline in a 9-0 game screaming "let's pour it on boys".... That's almost the vision I get when I read other's posts complaing about lopsided scores. In checking old BC scores I see where Northwestern defeated BC 10-0 in 2007. I doubt seriously Dom Wren was trying to "pour it on" then and I'm sure last night you were not trying to purposely "humiliate" a new Midland Valley program. It just seems every year it's inevitable this discussion comes up when a couple of games get ugly. My comments were simply meant to imply it's a dead horse that is no longer worth beating. It was not meant to be derogatory or a smart aleck towards you or the BC program.

corner kick
corner kick
Nuff' said!

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Post deleted by Dave Easley

F
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
F
Girls
Hartsville 2 ot
Providence 1

Boys
Hartsville 2
Providence 1

kick off
kick off
Pinewood Prep 3
Wilson Hall 0

Goals:
Justin White 1
Jarrett Londergan 2

Excellent defensive game by Pinewood's defenders (D. Thies, B. Phinney, J.White and goalie: R. Beebe). PP controlled the game. We're back!

goal
goal
Wow! Lancaster is off to a good start. Glad to see my hometown guys doing well. But how did they play two tournaments already?

http://www.eurosportscoreboard.com/cgi-b...=&Password=

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
Brace
Brace
HHIHS 3-2 HHCA at HHCA
Goals:
HHI-Layne 2:00
HHI- Layne 39:00 assist McCarty
Half-Time 2-0
HHCA- Murphy 58:00 FK
HHCA- Savarese 69:00 PK
HHI- Moreno 75:00
CK: HHI 2-6 HHCA
Saves: HHI- Ludewig 5, HHCA Ritterbeck 6
Records: HHI 1-0 (2-3) HHCA 0-1 (2-3)

Last edited by Wayne; 03/10/10 01:19 PM.

The Weather Is Here. Wish You Were Beautiful.
J
bench
bench
J
3/9

Landrum 4
Broome 3

S
Brace
Brace
S
Battery Creek 4-3 Goose Creek

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Quote:

Wow! Lancaster is off to a good start. Glad to see my hometown guys doing well. But how did they play two tournaments already?

http://www.eurosportscoreboard.com/cgi-b...=&Password=

From SCHSL Rules & Regulations:

5. All classes are allowed 16 regular season games and two tournaments or 18 regular season games and one tournament. Varsity teams are allowed two tournaments, four scrimmages and one jamboree. JV teams are allowed 14 games, two tournaments, two scrimmages and one jamboree. One tournament may be pre-season and start on February 26.

10. Soccer teams are limited to 16 varsity matches and 14 junior varsity matches and two invitational tournaments. One invitational tournament may be played one week prior to the first legal playing date. The earliest date for a pre-season tournament is February 26.

My interpretation is that you may only have ONE preseason tourney. Uh-Oh!

bench
bench
Again!! We caught you again! Your Busted! Like Ronald Isley! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErFR6Df9t60

J
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
J
3/9/10
Providence Athletic Club 1
Hartsville HS 2

C
bench
bench
C
soooooo how bout Stratford beating number 9 summerville at summerville last night....

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
wade hampton 0 colleton 1 pk's

World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
3/10/10

Brookland-Cayce 5-0 Batesburg-Leesville
The Cage @ Cayce, SC

Halftime: BC 3-0 BL.
Goals: (BC) Taylor Lewis 2 (14', 25'), Herbert Cojulun (30'), Jose Rojas (75'), Alfredo Sanchez (54').
Assists: (BC) Thomas Harris 2, Greg Stone 2, Lewis, Christian Nordenstam, Rojas.
Shots: BC 28-0 BL.
Saves: (BC) Chris Duzan 0, Josh Boatwright 0; (BL) Ely Jeffcoat 8.
Corner Kicks: BC 7-0 BL.
Offsides: BC 0-1 BL.
Fouls: BC 6-14 BL.
Cautions: (BL) Carlos Hernandez 2 (18', 31'), Daniel Padgett (44'), Marshall Gettys (53', 65').
Ejections: (BL) Hernandez (31'), Gettys (65').
Officials: Rob Mann (R); John Rosier (AR); David Yoder (AR).
Weather: 55 Degrees, Raining.
Records: BC 5-1-1; BL 4-2-0.

B
throw in
throw in
B
At Waccamaw

Waccamaw 3
Socastee 1

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Ridge View 3 White Knoll 4 pk's. One day the refs are going to call a good game for RVHS. Great game to watch just got very rough. Lack of consistency from the refs.

D
throw in
throw in
D
Sumter 1 Dreher 0 @ sumter.....

Refs had a poor showing.... 8 yellow cards in one game... one given because a player was 8 yrds away from a free kick not 10... no warning was given. Straight yellow

"Don't give up, Don't ever give up"
Brace
Brace
3/10/10 Fort Mill @ Spartanburg
Fort Mill 3-0 Spartanburg

Halftime: FM 2-0 S
Goals: (FM) Payne (Mula) 11', Mula 23', Fielden (Chalker) 78'
Shots: FM 28 - 4 S
SOG: FM 12 - 3 S
Saves: (FM) Cahill 2, Landvik-Larsen 1; (S) 9.
Corner Kicks: FM 6 - 1 S
Offsides: FM 3 - 1 S
Fouls: FM 7 - 9 S

Records: FM 3-0-1; S 1-3-0

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Ridge View 3 White Knoll 4 pk's. One day the refs are going to call a good game for RVHS. Great game to watch just got very rough. Lack of consistency from the refs.

It's a phenomenon!!!

corner kick
corner kick
3/10/10 Andrew Jackson @ Northwestern
Northwestern 9 - Andrew Jackson 0
Halftime N 5 - AJ 0

Goals: N Ricky Garbanzo 4', Dennis Moore 9', Kevin Ray 13', Alex Martinez 17', Moore 39', Ray 41', Moore 46', Martinez 51', Ryan Foster 66'
Assists: N Garbanzo (2), Moore (1), Anthony Mosley (1), Will Mux (1)
Shots On: N 25 - AJ 1
Shots Off: N 7 - AJ 0
Saves: N Sam Faris 0, Tyler Gross 1; AJ Paul Harris 9, Luke Kennington 5, Daniel Stover 3
Corners: N 7 - AJ 0
Fouls: N 6 - AJ 9
Records: N 4-1 - AJ 2-3-1

I
bench
bench
I
I was at this game also. You make this sound like RVHS got the short end of the stick with the refs!!! If anything, White Knoll was the recipient of the bad calls. RVHS are dive artists and several RVHS fans I talked to who are fans admitted to it. The penalty in the box was an academy award and White Knoll scored one other goal for Ridge View on a corner kick. The other goal was a throw in that nobody touched and went right by the WK goalie. Since when can we score by throwing the ball in the net.

Poorly refed game as they all are. Even the refs were arguing over their calls.

corner kick
corner kick
Why make Excuses, your team won. So you pretty much wasted your time creating an account to talk about how bad ref's are because chances are good that no one cares.

kick off
kick off
Quote:

Why make Excuses, your team won. So you pretty much wasted your time creating an account to talk about how bad ref's are because chances are good that no one cares.

Did you say something???
I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention

Don't Feed the Trolls!
corner kick
corner kick
Troll:
Slang To patrol (an area) in search for someone or something: "[Criminals] troll bus stations for young runaways"

Are you looking for something? Loner?

I
bench
bench
I
Hey Midlands Brat!!! I have had this account for 2 years and have chose not to participate until now due to the fact that you can't win discussing anything with the wall. By the way, are you brick or plaster board?

If you can't have civil discussions then don't chat. By the way, my comment wasn't directed to you but to "the delivery man". I would like to hear his input as I like to see what other normal people think.

corner kick
corner kick
I find it very ironic you state you tell me not to chat if i can't have a civil discussion but your on here calling me a brat and making childish jokes. I happened to have attended the game so therefore i have the same right you do to post my opinion. Thank you my good sir.

I dont think registering on 4/18/09 is 2 years either but correct me if im wrong.

Last edited by MidlandsKid; 03/11/10 07:37 PM.
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
I think that the officials were just as bad for White Knoll as they were for RVHS. Nobody here is trying to take away anything from White Knoll. They are a good team. I just wish that the officials would be more consistent. Consistency would eliminate the extra pushing and tempers flairing during a very close and physical game. Both teams played a very exciting game.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Here is an observation from an old guy who goes to many games purely as a spectator. It seems when refs call fouls there's a lot of yelling to "let them play." When they don't call fouls fans yell "get control of the game." I sometimes myself wonder why something is a foul when something that looks similar is not a foul. But the officials are much closer than I am, and they've also been certified while I am not. You even hear comments about calls that may have an effect on the outcome of a game. But you seldom hear comments about your winger crossing a bad ball, or an attacker in the 6 who shoots and misses the frame entirely, or a defender whose mark scores because he was left wide open.

Of course if you're not playing or you don't have any personal attachment to a team, you see things differently.
But that's what makes the game exciting I guess and gives us something to talk about on SCSOCCER.

world cup
world cup
dhunter,

Great observation. As referees we are taught:

Foul recognition
Foul selection

Good refs, can determine when to blow the whistle, and when not to blow the whistle, depending on the "flow" of the game.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
kick off
kick off
Quote:

Troll:
Slang To patrol (an area) in search for someone or something: "[Criminals] troll bus stations for young runaways"

Are you looking for something? Loner?

You fed the troll, now pay the consequence.

So, do you think anyone cares about your opinion about imasoccerfan's post??? Your response to imasoccerfan's post was pretty much a complete waste of bandwidth, and I am now less intelligent for having read it. I'm a troll and admit it. You on the other hand are also a troll, but are not intelligent enough to realize it. You attack someone's post with mindless dribble, and don't really address any of the contents of the post you are commenting on. You have wasted my time and the time of the good people on this forum. I believe you owe us all an apology. The next time you want to post, set down and think what you want to say, write it down, reread it, and see if it actually makes any sense. Then and only then should you post….

See….that’s how a troll is suppose to do it.

Don't Feed the Trolls!
I
bench
bench
I
the delivery man and soccer troll thank you for your input. I now know that there are some good people out there to converse with and I look forward to sharing our opinions and experiences.

Midlands Kid, sorry if I upset you. Your extra 3 months of registration have made you much wiser than me.

B
kick off
kick off
B
RV is a very aggresive team. good game played by both and what a good comeback! Well said Soccer Troll and imasoccer fan! fun game to watch although WK had some nice goals!

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

RV is a very aggresive team. good game played by both and what a good comeback! Well said Soccer Troll and imasoccer fan! fun game to watch although WK had some nice goals!

I agree! White Knoll had a a good comeback and the goals from #10 were sick! And well done to the whole team!

L
kick off
kick off
L
this is great stuff...

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

You fed the troll, now pay the consequence.

So, do you think anyone cares about your opinion about imasoccerfan's post??? Your response to imasoccerfan's post was pretty much a complete waste of bandwidth, and I am now less intelligent for having read it. I'm a troll and admit it. You on the other hand are also a troll, but are not intelligent enough to realize it. You attack someone's post with mindless dribble, and don't really address any of the contents of the post you are commenting on. You have wasted my time and the time of the good people on this forum. I believe you owe us all an apology. The next time you want to post, set down and think what you want to say, write it down, reread it, and see if it actually makes any sense. Then and only then should you post….

See….that’s how a troll is suppose to do it.

Holy Crap!!!
Achmed like this guy

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
corner kick
corner kick
Now you speak with some sense.

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
Woodruff
@ Gaffney

Postponed

corner kick
corner kick
Wando at Spring Valley tomorrow night.... Gonna be a good game. Wando has a nice quad. Very skilled but Spring Valley is more than capable of pulling an upset. It'll be a true test. Also Irmo vs Spring Valley game rescheduled for Saturday March 20th I believe. Another thriller waiting to happen.

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
kick off
kick off
Quote:

I now know that there are some good people out there to converse with and ....

and I'm not one of them. I'm a troll, and I'm just here to stir up trouble

Don't Feed the Trolls!
kick off
kick off
Quote:

My, my, my….we do have a learning disability, don’t we?

Don't Feed the Trolls!
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

Quote:

My, my, my….we do have a learning disability, don’t we?

EY MANE...

WHERE'D YOU FIND A PICTURE OF FREDERICK DOUGLASS KICKIN A SOCCER BALL AROUND ON THE BEACH???

Last edited by Marcus H.; 03/12/10 01:26 PM.

corner kick
corner kick
Hahaha eyy bruh is you geeked up?

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Habitual Line Steppers!!

corner kick
corner kick
at the half Beaufort 1 - Irmo 1.

21:00 goal Bft.- Christian Faale assisted by John Parker

40:00 Irmo PK-

World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
Beaufort 1-2 Irmo (75')

World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
Beaufort 1-2 Irmo (FINAL)

C
Brace
Brace
C
At Bishop England
West Ashley 2
BE 0

Z
bench
bench
Z
Bft v. Irmo was a great game, both teams hit the post twice... not too many chances for either team, Irmo must have been a little tired from the night before or the hype is just too much... cant see them being the second best team in the state much less the country... have to say that Irmo showed a lot of class after the game as they came to midfield to thank Beaufort for a great game... well played game and Beaufort has some serious talent

Brace
Brace
Fri 3/12 @ Blythewood
Fort Mill 4 - 1 Blythewood

R
bench
bench
R
Woah zking.. lets simmer down a little. Beaufort played prolly the best they have played ever and IRMO played the worst they have played all 2010 season and possibly 2009 season too. They still managed to find a way to win at beaufort's home field after being down 1-0 when they had been playing awful. That shows a teams true character. They are the Number 1 team in the state if you ever check the high school scoreboard. Also there are no excuses for the way IRMO played but they were missing 3 of their starters. Emmett Lunceford (LMC MVP), Kyle Simpson (Senior starter), and Matt Freeman (one of the best sophomores in the state). Dont get too hyped about Beaufort. They are mediocre at best. Sorry to bust that bubble of yours

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Beaufort played a good game and lost... Irmo is a strong team... Team is the vital word..

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Easy Rasta...I saw the same team/program be an ungracious loser to Northwestern in the state championship medal presentation last year. Beaufort may be a team to watch.

bench
bench
Yeah Rasta... I was there IRMO got pretty lucky they got a PK in the game or else it could have been a completely different turn out. Beaufort was missing one of there strongest defenders also. I have a feeling this Beaufort team will go a long way. I wouldn't be underestimating them.... Not trying to say anything bad about IRMO but lets just stop making excuses just because IRMO didn't get the beating they wanted to.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

Woah zking.. lets simmer down a little. Beaufort played prolly the best they have played ever and IRMO played the worst they have played all 2010 season and possibly 2009 season too. They still managed to find a way to win at beaufort's home field after being down 1-0 when they had been playing awful. That shows a teams true character. They are the Number 1 team in the state if you ever check the high school scoreboard. Also there are no excuses for the way IRMO played but they were missing 3 of their starters. Emmett Lunceford (LMC MVP), Kyle Simpson (Senior starter), and Matt Freeman (one of the best sophomores in the state). Dont get too hyped about Beaufort. They are mediocre at best. Sorry to bust that bubble of yours

I HEAR YA B

IT AIN'T EVEN GOTTA BE ALL THAT MAN. I'M JUST TRYIN TO HAVE A GOOD TIME.

corner kick
corner kick
Rasta, so you've seen Beaufort play alot? Best game ever? Mediocre at best? Pat your boy's on the back for their win, they earned it, but no need to show your ignorance by spouting off about a team you obviously know nothing about.

J
bench
bench
J
I agree. There is no need to take away from Beauforts effort. They played a great game, give them some credit where credit is due. It also seems that no matter what happens during an Irmo game, that someone has an excuse for how bad they played. Like missing starters, Is Irmo ever completely healthy?? Stop making excuses, and give teams credit when they deserve it.

D
bench
bench
D
Hey. Anyone who thinks that the Northeast Blythewood game was a flaw is not in their right mind. Northeast controlled the game and had an amazing game from their keeper and defense. Blythewood (who was number 13 when they played them) had lack luster finishing paired with bad defense. Northeast is not to be underestimated this year. May I also mention that the Northeast keeper owned the PK shoot out with two saves to the Blythewood keeper's one save. Blythe = PWNED.

have a nice day.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard