Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Also e-mail SCSoccer.com so the S.C. High School Soccer Scoreboard can be updated accordingly. Thanks!

D
Goal
Goal
D
Eastside 5
Wren 1

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Porter Gaud 1 - Northwoods 1
Porter GAud Wins 4-3 in PK Shootout
Final 2-1 Porter Gaud

J
bench
bench
J
Pickens 2
Seneca 1

at Pickens

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
3/15/10

Brookland-Cayce 3-0 Irmo
The Cage @ Cayce, SC

Halftime: BC 1-0 Irmo.

J
kick off
kick off
J
BHP 2
West-Oak 0

world cup
world cup
@ Duncan

Clover 6
Byrnes 0

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Pinewood 3
Hilton Head Christian 0

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Academic Magnet 6
Ashley Hall 0

K
bench
bench
K
dorman 1
mauldin 0

U
throw in
throw in
U
is the mauldin/dorman score a final?

C
Brace
Brace
C
3-15
Airport 3 Swansea 2 OT

Last weeks scores for Airport
3-9
Airport 7 Pelion 1
3-13
Airport 10 hartsville 0

brace
brace
Well if it was posted at 10:00 PM I hope it is not a halftime score!

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I want to congratulate Kieth and his ladies on a well played game. My ladies battled the whole game. I have to say the ref ended the game prematurely when we were due a free kick from a foul that left my forward with a concussion and there were still 45 seconds left in the overtime period. That is what I had on my watch. I felt a little cheated and the calls were absurd the whole game. More than double went Airports way. Thank the good Lord we play twice. Good job Emily Jeffcoat!

C
Coach
Coach
C
At Bluffton,

Berkeley 1
Bluffton 5

2-1 Bluffton at the half. What can I say...Bluffton played well, and Berkeley never really got off the bus. Hope we've got that out of our system...next year the 2 1/2 hour rides will be the norm rather than the exception thanks to realignment...

I've got good news and bad news...
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Two very talented teams....Mauldin and Dorman....any recap coming on this game?

Goal
Goal
Quote:

3/15/10

Brookland-Cayce 3-0 Irmo
The Cage @ Cayce, SC

Halftime: BC 1-0 Irmo.

Quite a result for the River Rats!

Victory Starts Here!
Goal
Goal
Quote:

3-15
Airport 3 Swansea 2 OT

Last weeks scores for Airport
3-9
Airport 7 Pelion 1
3-13
Airport 10 hartsville 0

Good win for Airport! Swansea has some talented young ladies!

Victory Starts Here!
P
Throw In
Throw In
P
Daniel 0, Woodmont 1

F
bench
bench
F
Coach--the foul on the last play was against Swansea.....not against Airport--thus the reason the whistle was blown. It's interesting you congratulate the team and more specifically one player, when in fact soccer is a team effort. I am unbiased as I watch a lot of girls/boys soccer matches and actually went to see Swansea play last night, not Airport but Airport had the better run of play and I didn't feel like officiating was a factor at all. The collision at the end--the Airport player went straight up, the Swansea player didn't, hence the foul call.

Not directed at you Meredith but at some point people are going to have to quit blaming refs for everything. Everyone knows the refs in SC Midlands are not great but every week there are posts about refs blowing matches. Obviously, we need consistency amongst our referees but until that happens, coaches and players will have to learn how to adjust during a match. If you see he is calling tight, the adjust, if he let's you play, then adjust. But don't blame a match on a referee who is out there working unbiasedly for the good of youth/high school soccer

C
Brace
Brace
C
Quote:

I have to say the ref ended the game prematurely when we were due a free kick from a foul that left my forward with a concussion and there were still 45 seconds left in the overtime period. That is what I had on my watch.

Coach--we hope for a quick recovery on forward Franki Jumper. She made a great shot to tie up the game in the 2nd half. Great Kid and great player.

The ref explained to my coaching staff it was a foul on swansea and I had about 8-12 seconds left on my watch as he called the game.

It was a hard fought match and Swansea is a quality team!

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
8 to 12 seconds, 45 seconds....aren't they supposed to play the entire game?

Q
throw in
throw in
Q
How many games have you watched as a formerref?

First off I was not at the Swansea-Airport game last night, but have seen them play before...Airport at the VC and Swansea in the playoffs in 2009. It sounds like to me that you are a little aggravated with people always pointing fingers at the referees. Which is the case more often then not, however more often then not it is the referee that could make or break a game. Maybe not for this game, but I have seen my share of a few. Irmo vs. South Aiken boys 2005 state championship match; the referee cost Irmo the state championship by not declaring a goal when the ball clearly crossed the goal line (there once was posted video footage). Last year in the Carolina Classic a ref allowed 6 minutes of extra time to be added to a match that was the difference in a tie and win for BC over Fort Dorchester. I could keep going, but I'm not. The point is refs make bad calls all the time, some worse then others. Now don’t get me wrong I will be the first one to vouch for a referee, because I was a “former ref” myself. Its hard work and two even three people can’t see everything, but an apology or explanation can go quite a ways especially during a heated battle. Also consistency will only be gained if we as a state require more from our refs. A lousy “open book” test and two scrimmages just doesn’t cut it. Life guards have to know how to swim, tread water and give CPR in order to save lives; shouldn’t referees be required to run and keep up with the play during a match.

Another thing… “unbiased” is the worst adjective used for a referee; there are more ex-coahces, ex-players and ex-parents out there referring games that were once bitter rivalry games they were involved in. Once a Carolina fan always a Carolina fan. One day you’re not going to wake up and scream, C-L-E-M-S-O-N (unless you are Brad Scott )! Same thing is true with Irmo, Dutch Fork, Riverside, Eastside. People once affiliated with certain teams should not ref games for those teams or regions games for that particular school.

I’m off my soap box now, carry on!!!

For what its worth; I was a little disappointed with the Swansea score however, not taking anything away from Airport solid victory on their part. Seeing Swansea play last year I thought they could be a real threat in region 5 given every other team lost key contributors. Kudos to Coach Morris who obviously had his girls ready to play.

Goal
Goal
Just wondering here....has anyone ever said, "Wow! The ref did such a great job by making the calls for us and giving us the game. I'm really glad she/he was biased for us."

or

"Man...that ref called the game one-sided for us. I sure wish we could have shown everyone that we could have won based on our own merit. I'm gonna complain about him/her to SCHSL."

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Why can't coaches fill out an online evaluation of refs?? Then use that info to select refs for tournament games. Seems that the assignors play favorites too and that they don't always put the best ref on the big games. Kinda like a couple years ago when the assignor assigned themself to the state final as the 4th official and then let one team play with 12 people for several minutes. Give the coaches a say in who does the big games.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
Goal
Goal
Quote:

Why can't coaches fill out an online evaluation of refs?? Then use that info to select refs for tournament games. Seems that the assignors play favorites too and that they don't always put the best ref on the big games. Kinda like a couple years ago when the assignor assigned themself to the state final as the 4th official and then let one team play with 12 people for several minutes. Give the coaches a say in who does the big games.

I think the eval is a good idea in theory. Not saying it should or shouldn't be done, but there would have to be several trial runs of evals before they could get one that would work.

Also, what game are you talking about? If you are referring to the Lex-Wando girls finals a few years ago, you do realize that the tape was reviewed and the person was not on the field as long as was claimed.

K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
I was curious how refs can keep going each year when they do a horrible job? They need to be evaluated somehow and someway and learn to ref the game correctly.

A friend of mine had 2 female refs (i am a female myself, and am a ussf certified ref and coach high school) but they called a free kick outside the box a PK, and then at another game these same two come to ref and one does not have a whistle...PLEASE TELL ME HOW THEY GET TO BE SCHSL REFS and GET PAID!!! so the nonwhistle one raised her hands for calls and the other blew her whistle for her..

They are refs calling our games!! SERIOUSLY!!!!

Goal
Goal

goal kick
goal kick
Spring Valley vs. Blythewood tonight. Should be a good match up...

S
Brace
Brace
S
All is good in theory but the reality is there is a shortage in refs already. If you boot the ones you have because of an obviously biased eval, then we would have even less refs. Lack of refs means shortage of matches. I agree with formerref, adjust to the style of the match. Sure, refs are wrong a lot but at the end of the day it is the coaches job to prepare and adjust during match situations.

As a coach, I definitely look at the ref sheet when formatting a game plan. Especially with high school boys, who can get hot headed. If my center mid is a hot head and I have a ref who calls it extremely tight in the middle, I may move him to another position to save him from getting a card. It is all relevant, not everything can be blamed on them. But I do agree, they make their share of mistakes.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Even if it wass only 30 seconds, that is 30 seconds. How does that happen? And I'm not suggesting that we boot the officials, just take them off of being a center official for Tournament games. It can't be that hard to have an online eval. Maybe categories like, fitness level, consistency of calls, demenor to players/coaches, proper control of game (big, BIG issue in the games I have witnessed), etc. I think if you asked most coaches they just want consistency and control. It would help for higher fitness. If they are 5 yards away when they call a foul, at least they were close enough to justify it. If a ref calls something the same way, EVERY TIME, you can coach to that. Refs are just too inconsistant!!!

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
Goal
Goal
Quote:

Even if it wass only 30 seconds, that is 30 seconds. How does that happen? And I'm not suggesting that we boot the officials, just take them off of being a center official for Tournament games. It can't be that hard to have an online eval. Maybe categories like, fitness level, consistency of calls, demenor to players/coaches, proper control of game (big, BIG issue in the games I have witnessed), etc. I think if you asked most coaches they just want consistency and control. It would help for higher fitness. If they are 5 yards away when they call a foul, at least they were close enough to justify it. If a ref calls something the same way, EVERY TIME, you can coach to that. Refs are just too inconsistant!!!

How about a eval system for the refs of the coaches...

Was the coach...
-Verbally abusive
-Arguing constantly
-Stepped onto the field without permission
-Good or Poor demeanor toward the officials

There has to be a system of checks and balances if you start something like this. Also, if there is a call in question, the SCHSL should be willing to review whatever is in question. Remember...An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules...

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
They already do, yellow/red cards and match reports.

Goal
Goal
Where in the rulebook does it allow a coach to be carded? He can be asked to leave the area...

throw in
throw in
Quote:

Two very talented teams....Mauldin and Dorman....any recap coming on this game?

After four consecutive wins over Dorman the Mauldin team appeared to take the night off. Mauldin started off playing their possession game but quick tackling and hard running gave Dorman a one goal lead at the half and they were unlucky that it wasn't more. Coach Czar of Mauldin made some adjustments at the half, this and a breeze now in Mauldin's favor gave them a slight possession edge in the second half but overall Mauldin should be relieved that the Dorman win was by only one goal.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
HS coaches can be carded and sent off. If sent off, they can choose between a suspension or pay a fine to avoid the suspension. I don't have the HS rules in front of me, but they are different than FIFA. I will look.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
A change in the penalty for illegally equipped players was one of three rules revisions approved by the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) Soccer Rules Committee at its annual meeting January 27-28 in Indianapolis. The rules changes were subsequently approved by the NFHS Board of Directors.
The first caution (yellow card) for an illegally equipped player is issued to the coach, a rule that was implemented last year.

So, yes, a coach can be carded in high school.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

HS coaches can be carded and sent off. If sent off, they can choose between a suspension or pay a fine to avoid the suspension. I don't have the HS rules in front of me, but they are different than FIFA. I will look.

They might be different than FIFA. FIFA has no such issuance of a card for a coach

C
goal
goal
C
I was going to stay out of this one but I can't help myself.

Soccer2103 - I have heard this argument for years and years and believed it also. Until my daughter got her license with several friends and the assignor would not assign then more than 1 game a month so they all quit after a season. The answer my daughter was told was that "Jim" needed the games for the money so "Jim" got 6-8 games every weekend. And one of the "Jim"s was one of the ones everyone complains about. So do not believe that statement. Quit assigning the bad ones and new younger ones will step up to the plate. This is not volunteer work where no one gets paid.

Notsofastfriend - That's the problem. Coaches have zero ways to complain about a bad ref. But a ref can card the heck out of a bad coach. Chapin knows all to well about that problem in the past. Rosie would get cards before he had a chance to be abusive sometimes, even though he did deserve 99% of them. The ref holds all the power and I have watched as the leadership protect their own.

Now saying all that. I would never be one. Way too much running, plus I can see everything from the stands with 100% accuracy....

Here I go again!
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Quote:

The ref explained to my coaching staff it was a foul on swansea and I had about 8-12 seconds left on my watch as he called the game.

My point exactly about the officials. Kind of hard to give yourself a concussion when you are in possession of the ball and the defender brings up her forearm into my forwards head and impact was hard enough that it knocked her out... just saying it was not a head to head impact. From where I was, it was a vicious forearm to head impact. I am not trying to get into a peeing match. However, the ref actually signaled the foul in our direction (free kick), then he called the game. However, the ref had the presence of mind and he knew he could not justify the end of the game if the foul was on Airport. Anyone who saw it, would wholeheartedly agree that it was a foul on Airport. It came down to poor judgment on the account of the official, not Airport girls. That was my take on it. Both teams played hard. Keith is good friend and competitor. I wish him and his team good luck... until they come to Swansea of course.

R
throw in
throw in
R
Can we get back to scores and results since that is what this thread is about? The whining and ref bashing can continue on another thread.... Lets have some scores!!!!

corner kick
corner kick
I agree!!

DF 5 N Augusta 3 (v)

DF 3 N Augusta 1 (JV)

Tomorrow...is too late.
corner kick
corner kick
TL Hanna- 10
Laurens- 0

Goals Assist
Drennan(3)- Cutts, Summer Miller, No assist
Bowles(2)- Cutts, Deutsch
Deutsch(2)- Cutts, no assist
Witcher- Roberts
Bryan- Deutsch
Wilson- Drennan

That there is an RV Clark......
corner kick
corner kick
Christ Church 1
Greenville 0

OT/PKs CCES wins 5-3 from the spot.

Game winner - Meaghan Carrigan

Fletch: It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man.
bench
bench
As for the Swansea/Airport ordeal, both teams fought very hard. The ref could have seen the game getting out of hand and decided to end it before anyone else got injured. It was a bad and unfortunate break for Swansea, but there is always a second game to prove yourself.

R
throw in
throw in
R
@ Hillcrest

Hillcrest 3
Gaffney 0

Half 0-0

Physical game couple of yellow cards for both teams.

Goals: DeVita, Raczkowski, Riikonen
Shutout Delgado.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Pinewood 5
Ashley Hall 0

K
bench
bench
K
Heard that some of the Mauldin girls played in a Club tournament this past weekend in Las Vegas. Not sure if its true but if it is, this may have contributed to them being a step behind Dorman.

world cup
world cup
Quote:

Heard that some of the Mauldin girls played in a Club tournament this past weekend in Las Vegas. Not sure if its true but if it is, this may have contributed to them being a step behind Dorman.

Whoever thought having all those R3PL players would come back and bite the Lady Mavs in the arse?

When is Seattle, PDA, etc.? Any time around the SCHSL state playoffs?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Good win coach. Now its on to Dorman, right? Tough week but I commend you for taking on the 4As. It only makes you better and gives that good young keeper of yours some valuable work.

Quote:

Christ Church 1
Greenville 0

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Where in the rulebook does it allow a coach to be carded? He can be asked to leave the area...

Quote:

Quote:

They might be different than FIFA. FIFA has no such issuance of a card for a coach

This is a forum about high school soccer and high schools play by the NFHS rules, not the FIFA Laws of the Game. The high school league is not a member of USSF/FIFA.

From the 2009-10 NFHS Soccer Rules Book, page 54:
Rule 12, Section 8 Misconduct
ART. 1...A player, coach or bench personnel shall be cautioned (yellow card) for:
ART. 3...A player coach or bench personnel shall be disqualified (red card)for:

L
kick off
kick off
L
Quote:

The suspensions and or fines are determined by the SCHSL Office just as suspensions are set for players rule 12-8 provides what you are looking for

ALWAYS REMEMBER ITS 4 THE KIDS!
C
kick off
kick off
C
Camden 3
Lugoff Elgin 2

Game went to PK's with Camden winning 3-2. Camden took a 2-0 lead in the second half, but LE fought back to tie it when a PK was awarded during regulation.

J
corner kick
corner kick
J
@ Greenwood

Easley 2
Greenwood 1

corner kick
corner kick
At Beaufort
James Island 2 Beaufort 1 game went to over time

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
ANOTHER example of sorry refs!

jk, I just thought I would lighten up the conversation. Actually sounds like an exiting game.

Quote:

Camden 3
Lugoff Elgin 2

Game went to PK's with Camden winning 3-2. Camden took a 2-0 lead in the second half, but LE fought back to tie it when a PK was awarded during regulation.

I
goal
goal
I
Boiling Springs 4, Norhtwestern 0

All were scored in the last 15:00 mins...

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
It was a great one at Blythewood tonight with Valley in town,

It went to OT but ended up Blythewood 2- Valley 1

tk

Tony King
U
throw in
throw in
U
PDA - May 29,30

Seattle - 2nd week in July

C
Coach
Coach
C
At Berkeley:

Berkeley 5
Colleton County 0

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Good win coach. Now its on to Dorman, right? Tough week but I commend you for taking on the 4As. It only makes you better and gives that good young keeper of yours some valuable work.

Quote:

Christ Church 1
Greenville 0

Thanks Coach. It was a very good game. Both teams hit the post and had several near misses. Both Keepers played quite well. Greenville has a very good team and I know they will be making their presence felt by playoff time in 3A.
On to Dorman...what was I thinking? Five games within a one week span - Greenville, Dorman, Bishop England, Charter AND Eastside! Hopefully the players won't revolt on me.

Brace
Brace
Ridgeview 3 RH 0

This was a very well fought game, the score does not reflect how the game went.

Rick Fielden
goal kick
goal kick
3/16 @ Heathwood Hall

Heathwood Hall-5
Ben Lippen-0

We just got outplayed in most every way last night. Coach Player had his girls ready to play. Heathwood used great speed on the outside to control the tempo of the game. We got bogged down up front and couldn't get our offense in rhythm. I've got to give Heathwood all the credit in this one.

B
kick off
kick off
B
WHITE KNOLL 3 RNE 1
Half 2 to 1 WK

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
3/16 at Stratford
West Ashley 2
Stratford 0

brace
brace
Blue Ridge Girls Week of 3/9 & 3/15:

Pendleton (rained out/will NOT be resheduled)
Laurens (rained out/being rescheduled)

3/15 Blue Ridge 8, Landrum 1
3/16 Blue Ridge 9, Berea 0

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
corner kick
corner kick
West Florence VS Chapin

JV:
Chapin 2
West Florence 1

Varsity:
Chapin 1
West Florence 2

1-1 at end of regulation West Florence scored 30 seconds into the 1st OT.

Great game! Both squads played hard and created quality opportunities.

Over all the refs did a good job (I know not everyone will agree)One was way to quick with the yellow cards while the other "swallowed" his whistle...kind of canceled each other out.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This is a forum about high school soccer and high schools play by the NFHS rules, not the FIFA Laws of the Game. The high school league is not a member of USSF/FIFA.

From the 2009-10 NFHS Soccer Rules Book, page 54:
Rule 12, Section 8 Misconduct
ART. 1...A player, coach or bench personnel shall be cautioned (yellow card) for:
ART. 3...A player coach or bench personnel shall be disqualified (red card)for:

Hey...thanks professor. Ummm...I already addressed that in another post but you seemed to have missed that one in order to espouse your knowledge.

D
throw in
throw in
D
Ashley Ridge at Garrett Academy of Technology 3.16.10

Ashley Ridge 9
Garrett Tech 0

7-0 at half
goals: Wall, McNally, Turpin, Cartwright, McDonough, Waterhouse 2, Blanchard 2

hat-trick
hat-trick
Notsofastfriend, which post are you referring to that I did not quote in mine? It was just curious that you kept referring to FIFA rules on a HS soccer forum.

R
kick off
kick off
R
3/16

@ Summerville
Goose Creek 0
Summerville 7

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Notsofastfriend, which post are you referring to that I did not quote in mine? It was just curious that you kept referring to FIFA rules on a HS soccer forum.

"It" was just curious?

Goal
Goal
Here ya go Coach P

K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
3/16 at Camden

JV Girls
Camden 2 v Lugoff Elgin 0

V Girls
Camden 2 v Lugoff Elgin 2
PK's 3-2 in favor of Camden

Hard fought match by both teams!!!

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Here ya go Coach P

If you had read my post you would see that I included a quote of this same post. I did NOT "miss" it. It's not that they might be different than FIFA. The are different than FIFA.

Quote:

"It" was just curious?

“It” being the fact that you kept referring to the FIFA rules on a HS soccer forum when HS soccer is not a part of FIFA. I guess I could have said "It was odd.." but I was using "curious" in it's connotation meaning odd, strange, novel, or unexpected.

T
TS Offline
goal kick
goal kick
T
3/16/10

J L Mann - 2
St. Joseph's - 1

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

Here ya go Coach P

If you had read my post you would see that I included a quote of this same post. I did NOT "miss" it. It's not that they might be different than FIFA. The are different than FIFA.

Quote:

"It" was just curious?

“It” being the fact that you kept referring to the FIFA rules on a HS soccer forum when HS soccer is not a part of FIFA. I guess I could have said "It was odd.." but I was using "curious" in it's connotation meaning odd, strange, novel, or unexpected.

Yep...I can admit when I miss something...I went back and read your post again.

I was just making a point about the FIFA rules which the HS rules are based on. Sheesh...relax...your blood pressure will go down

world cup
world cup
Quote:

PDA - May 29,30

Seattle - 2nd week in July

Thanks UncleBuck. You do realize that I was kidding.....not "wishing".

kick off
kick off
Broome @ Union County on 3/16

Broome - 2
Union County - 0

Goals - Floyd (2), Assists - Lewis (1), Saves - Henderson (2)

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
3/15 @ AC Flora

Dreher 3
AC Flora 0

P
bench
bench
P

I actually hate to bring this up as this thread is for scores but I have just caught up with a days worth of posts and feel the need to respond. Mr. Meredith, your accusations of a vicious attack of a forearm on your forward is just not true. The Airport defender actually had a knot forming on her own forehead, so unless she attempted to knock herself out with her own arm in the process, its impossible. It was an accidental head to head collision. All wish your forward a speedy recovery as she is a talented player. Speaking of talented players, nice shout out for the opposing team's forward with no mention of your own player's great goal, club recruiting? hmmm...I agree with formerref, soccer is a team sport. Without the rest of the team the ball would not reach any forward to take a shot and get all the glory! Whether it was bad reffing, good reffing or whatever, Airport won-bottom line, The two teams will meet again. I wish Swansea the best of luck, unless of course they are playing Airport, or BC for that matter...(same school district)

J
corner kick
corner kick
J
i'm sorry...what was the score again?

corner kick
corner kick
@ Christ Church

Christ Church 2
Dorman 3

Halftime: CCES 2
Dorman 0

Great game by the Lady Cavaliers (both sets of them). Dorman is a very good team and we could only hold them off for about 50 minutes. Last goal scored with about 3 minutes remaining. Thanks to Coach Lorenz and best of luck to Dorman the rest of the way.

corner kick
corner kick
@ Fort Mill

Fort Mill 7, Rock Hill 0

Lady Bearcats' roster depleted by injuries. Two goals in the first three minutes, Lady Jackets empty the bench.

(RH's Megan Fielden given a yellow card for conduct unbecoming an assistant coach )

Doin' it the hard way...
G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
3/17
Broome- 1
Gaffney- 0

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Coach!
Couldn't you get the sandbags piled up in front of your goal to last 40 minutes?!?

Just kidding of course, great job taking it to the big girls tonight. I bet that was a great game to watch. Care to share some details? Or maybe we can hear from Dormansoccer himself.

Quote:

@ Christ Church

Christ Church 2
Dorman 3

Halftime: CCES 2
Dorman 0

Great game by the Lady Cavaliers (both sets of them). Dorman is a very good team and we could only hold them off for about 50 minutes. Last goal scored with about 3 minutes remaining. Thanks to Coach Lorenz and best of luck to Dorman the rest of the way.

world cup
world cup
At Kings Mountain, NC.....in OT:

Clover 3
Kings Mountain 2

Clover goes on the road and defeats the #1 ranked 3A team in the state of North Carolina!

This weekend, at the Fort Mill Invitational, Clover will play the #2 ranked 3A team in NC (Marvin Ridge) and the #10 ranked 3A team in NC (Weddington).

Last edited by Hurst66; 03/18/10 01:55 AM.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Quote:

I actually hate to bring this up as this thread is for scores but I have just caught up with a days worth of posts and feel the need to respond. Mr. Meredith, your accusations of a vicious attack of a forearm on your forward is just not true. The Airport defender actually had a knot forming on her own forehead, so unless she attempted to knock herself out with her own arm in the process, its impossible. It was an accidental head to head collision. All wish your forward a speedy recovery as she is a talented player. Speaking of talented players, nice shout out for the opposing team's forward with no mention of your own player's great goal, club recruiting? hmmm...I agree with formerref, soccer is a team sport. Without the rest of the team the ball would not reach any forward to take a shot and get all the glory! Whether it was bad reffing, good reffing or whatever, Airport won-bottom line, The two teams will meet again. I wish Swansea the best of luck, unless of course they are playing Airport, or BC for that matter...(same school district)

Okay, okay, I apologize. Like I said, that is what I saw at the point of attack and I believe I was the closest to the foul (closer to than the official)-I know what I saw. Anyway, how did you all score again? mmm... two free kicks... by who? EJ I think she is a PLAYER and for the record FNJ is awesome player in every way!

Last edited by Meredith; 03/18/10 02:17 AM.
D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Hats off to Chris Nichols and the Christ Church Cavaliers for a hard fought game. Christ Church showed alot of heart and Coach Nichols does an outstanding job at Christ Church. We knew this would be a hard game. In life you learn your greatest lessons from mistakes. In sports you learn alot from losing. Our team learned alot tonight and we were fortunate enough to walk away with a win.

J
bench
bench
J
Pickens 1, BHP 2 (PK's 3-1)

at BHP

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Well, apparently my hobo is hanging out under the viaduct tonight and I need to post our score...remember the hobo is our official statistician but I will try to get it right...

TL Hanna 4 Byrnes 0

Cutts (unassisted beautiful shot)
Miller (agressive header off of a corner by Katie Bryan)
Boyles (not sure of assist)
Drennan (unassisted)

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Academic Magnet 1
Barnwell 0

0-0 After regulation

AMHS scores 1 minute into the first overtime and holds for the win.

Great game between 2 evenly matched teams. Best of luck to Barnwell the rest of the season.

J
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
J
3/16/10
Providence Athletic Club 2 (PK)
Hartsville 1

corner kick
corner kick
Sorry coach, fell asleep on couch after a cold one. just woke up.

That there is an RV Clark......
world cup
world cup
You got a couch......under the overpass?

Sorry, I was picturing an old school folding lawn chair. Slightly worn. No, more like tattered.

Brace
Brace
In the Fort Mill/Rock Hill game, the yellow was to the Head Coach, Coach Johnson, not the asst.

J
kick off
kick off
J
Hats off to Pickens girls. You played a hard fought game in what has become a competitive series everytime we play.

C
Goal
Goal
C
@ Andrew Jackson

AJ 1
Northwestern 5

Helena Moore (unassisted)
Helena Moore (unassisted)
Lauren Watts (Stephany Bayag)
Stephany Bayag (Helena Moore)
Stephany Bayag (Cara Pennington)

C
Brace
Brace
C
3-17 at Sumter
Airport 1 Sumter 0

cold and wet...

corner kick
corner kick
Re: Import
My bad. I thought it was Megan from across the field, just trying to give her props for trying to defend her players. It seemed like the fiery thing she would do.

Doin' it the hard way...
Brace
Brace
NP. Both coaches a little short as they have lost six players in three games due to some 'soft' officiating.

O
throw in
throw in
O
"A yellow card issued for conduct unbecoming a coach."
Officiating is an issue with every level of soccer. 1. A coach should recognize the environment their players are in and make adjustments to protect their players. 2. A coach should be in control of their emotions during a game. They represent their school and community. I have not read about any other coaches being issued a yellow for this particular reason. Props to the ref...and coaches: your players are as calm as you are. Be positive role models, protect your players, and learn as much as you can about the game you are coaching. The kids deserve better.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Riverside 3, JL Mann 2 in OT

corner kick
corner kick
*sigh* Some context here. The comment was phrased as such to be tongue-in-cheek. Unfortunately, it was not taken as such, plus my 20/400 vision betrayed me even further and I misidentified which coach it was, as well. The card was issued for the coach yelling onto the field, after her keeper went down injured, and as she made the substitution with the only able-bodied player she had left on the bench: (paraphrased) "After the match is over, I would like to still have a team, please!" A relatively mild comment, in my view, under the circumstances.

Doin' it the hard way...
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Quote:

"A yellow card issued for conduct unbecoming a coach."
Officiating is an issue with every level of soccer. 1. A coach should recognize the environment their players are in and make adjustments to protect their players. 2. A coach should be in control of their emotions during a game. They represent their school and community. I have not read about any other coaches being issued a yellow for this particular reason. Props to the ref...and coaches: your players are as calm as you are. Be positive role models, protect your players, and learn as much as you can about the game you are coaching. The kids deserve better.

I wonder what Bobby Knight would say about this??

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

Hats off to Chris Nichols and the Christ Church Cavaliers for a hard fought game. Christ Church showed alot of heart and Coach Nichols does an outstanding job at Christ Church. We knew this would be a hard game. In life you learn your greatest lessons from mistakes. In sports you learn alot from losing. Our team learned alot tonight and we were fortunate enough to walk away with a win.

Looked like your coach pulled some of the starters after you gave up first goal, and held them out till the second half (yes/no ?). Looked like coach wasn't happy with the effort to start the game. Also trap game for Dorman after big win against Mauldin.

O
throw in
throw in
O
Bobby Knight was not coaching children. A person who is employed by a school district to work with, coach, teach children should conduct themselves as such.

J
bench
bench
J
Pickens 5
Highlands, NC 1

at Pickens

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
@ Memorial Stadium in Columbia

Dreher 3
Blythewood 2

(settled in PKs)

Last edited by live and learn; 03/19/10 02:32 AM.
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Some good games that we would like to see scores:

Eastside/Woodruff
South Aiken/Airport
White Knoll/Greenwood
Waccamaw/Myrtle Beach
Wando/Summerville

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
St. Josephs- 1
Shannon Forest- 0

Goal scored with 2 minutes to go in the game. We were forced to play with a field player in goal tonight so not a terrible loss for us.

C
Brace
Brace
C
Quote:

Some good games that we would like to see scores:

Eastside/Woodruff
South Aiken/Airport
White Knoll/Greenwood
Waccamaw/Myrtle Beach
Wando/Summerville

South Aiken 2
Airport 1
At South Aiken

Big matchup Friday night at BC as they play S. Aiken. Good luck to both teams.

goal kick
goal kick
White Knoll 6 Greenwood 0
WK 3 GW 0 at the half

The White Knoll girls played pretty good. They seem to have a bright future teamwise.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Eastside 5
Woodruff 1

D
throw in
throw in
D
March 18 Girls Varsity
@ Cane Bay High School

Cane Bay 0
Ashley Ridge 8

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
3/18 @ Wando
Wando 5
Summerville 0

K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
@ Camden High 3/18

Girls V
Camden 4 v Crestwood 1

Boys V
Camden 5 v Crestwood 1

K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
Report from Sun News in MB

Girls
Waccamaw 2 v MB 1

WHS scored in the 75th minute to win the game...

P
Throw In
Throw In
P
Quote:

Bobby Knight was not coaching children. A person who is employed by a school district to work with, coach, teach children should conduct themselves as such.

The refs are also employed by the school district. The refs also work with children. The refs are responsible for the safety of the children on the pitch. If a bus driver was negligent in protecting the children in his or her care, he or she would no longer be a bus driver. But if you point out to a ref that JOB 1 is the safety of the children on the pitch, you are carded for "behavior unbecoming." And who is there to challenge?
I may have to video the rest of my games this year.

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Porter Gaud 1 - Pinewood Prep 7
2-1 at the half and then the quality of Pinewood showed up

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Swansea 10
Edisto 0

Edisto Girls have a lot of heart!

J
corner kick
corner kick
J
didn't you start another thread for this? now, back to the subject....

@ Easley

Wren 6
Easley 0

Last edited by Jonathan; 03/20/10 01:21 AM.
O
throw in
throw in
O
PS: Perhaps, the manner in which a point is made should be considered. An adult should be able to present their concern (s) in an appropriate manner. Is there is a system in place for voicing concerns?

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
South Aiken 2:0 B-C

P
Throw In
Throw In
P
Quote:

didn't you start another thread for this? now, back to the subject....

@ Easley

Wren 6
Easley 0

I did, but I was looking at scores and someone had put the topic back over here. Didn't mean to cause consternation.

P
Throw In
Throw In
P
Quote:

PS: Perhaps, the manner in which a point is made should be considered. An adult should be able to present their concern (s) in an appropriate manner. Is there is a system in place for voicing concerns?

Frankly, no, there is not. And adults also ought to be able to listen to criticism without becoming overly defensive. Having refereed quite a few games over the years myself, I realize that some coaches simply don't know the laws (FIFA) or the rules (NFHS), and that's annoying. But some of us do, and some of us do express ourselves reasonably. But some refs cannot tolerate even the slightest criticism.

B
kick off
kick off
B
WHITE KNOLL 4 NORTH AUGUSTA 0

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

The refs are also employed by the school district. The refs also work with children. The refs are responsible for the safety of the children on the pitch. If a bus driver was negligent in protecting the children in his or her care, he or she would no longer be a bus driver. But if you point out to a ref that JOB 1 is the safety of the children on the pitch, you are carded for "behavior unbecoming." And who is there to challenge?
I may have to video the rest of my games this year.

Did you really just compare the job of the ref to the job of a bus driver? BTW...the refs are independent contractors...they are not employed by anyone. If they were, we could fire them.

M
throw in
throw in
M
@BE 4
Southside Christian 0

I
goal
goal
I
Boiling Springs 2 - Hillcrest 0

I heard of a home field advantage being a good 12th man. However, we were playing in the Springs. So Hillcrest, just played with 12 players for the first 30 mins. Too funny.

J
corner kick
corner kick
J
wouldn't have been funny if the score were reversed.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
I noticed on the Eurosport website that White Knoll doesn't play Aiken or Orangeburg and only plays Richland Northeast 1 time...don't they play all the teams in their region,or is the schedule not correct?? The other teams in the region all seem to meet up 2 times-home and away...is there a reason for this?

I
goal
goal
I
okay what is one to do, based on them doing that?

P
Throw In
Throw In
P
Did you really just compare the job of the ref to the job of a bus driver? BTW...the refs are independent contractors...they are not employed by anyone. If they were, we could fire them.

In the limited sense that a significant portion of the job involves concern for the safety of the children in their care, yes I did. It is perfectly legitimate in argumentation to construct limited analogies.
They are independent contractors, yes, but so are many coaches, and I responded to a comment regarding coaches' acting like adults. So, what's the problem?

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Byrnes Invitational 3/19

Spartanburg 1
Greenville 3

Polk County 1
Dorman 3

corner kick
corner kick
@ Goose Creek
Beaufort 4 Goose Creek 0
2-0 @ half

Goals:
-Molly Murphy assisted by Morgan Conners
-Molly Murphy assisted by Anna Stoddard
-Anna Stoddard assisted by Amanda Conners
-Anna Stoddard assisted by Amanda Conners

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
At South Pointe

Blythewood 6

South Pointe 0

tk

Tony King
R
throw in
throw in
R
Quote:

Boiling Springs 2 - Hillcrest 0

I heard of a home field advantage being a good 12th man. However, we were playing in the Springs. So Hillcrest, just played with 12 players for the first 30 mins. Too funny.

Zen master not sure you have your facts correct.Hillcrest played with 12 players for about 2 seconds. One of our girls did not realize she was being taken out of the game. She stepped off the field then back on and the ref immediately stopped the game and made her get back off. Maybe if he would of let her stay on for 30 min. we could of scored.

Kidding aside I thought both teams played well. BS scores on a nice direct kick in the first half and we couldn't put one away. The 2nd goal came very late in the game when Hillcrest went to 3 defenders to try and tie it up.

Congratulations to coach Broome on a good game. The rematch should be another good one. Hopefully we will get a better outcome

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
ACADEMIC MAGNET 1, CARDINAL NEWMAN 0

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

I noticed on the Eurosport website that White Knoll doesn't play Aiken or Orangeburg and only plays Richland Northeast 1 time...don't they play all the teams in their region,or is the schedule not correct?? The other teams in the region all seem to meet up 2 times-home and away...is there a reason for this?

The games only get posted if the schools submit their schedules to scsoccer.com. Apparently those 4 schools have not submitted their entire schedules. Not sure what's up with Ron this year because Aiken have usually submitted theirs in the past but the other three have not. All of the teams in region V-AAAA must play each other twice or forfeit those games.

corner kick
corner kick
Friday night scores from the Fort Mill Invitational:

Northwestern 2, Charlotte Olympic (NC) 1
Fort Mill 1, Lake Norman (NC) 1
South Mecklenburg (NC) 3, Nation Ford 0
Weddington (NC) 4, Clover 0

Doin' it the hard way...
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
West Ashley at James Island
WA 3
JI 0

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Finial score correction:

Polk County HS 1
Dorman HS 4

C
Coach
Coach
C
At Berkeley:

Fort Dorchester 5
Berkeley 1

1-0 Fort at half...deadly accurate artillery fire from deep midfield caught us way offguard in the second. Great fast-paced passing game by the Fort got them into position to set up the shots...time to wake up and speed up our game!

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Gilbert 1
Barnwell 1

(Gilbert wins 5-3 in PKs)

Questionable calls on both goalkeepers during Pks for coming off line...when shot straight over the goal! Gilbert allowed to retake two of their PKs and made good on both retakes.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Pinewood 2
Cardinal Newman 1

Tied 1-1 at the end of 80. Pinewood scored about 1 min into OT.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Entschuldigung, Sepp! I went by what was on the scoreboard at the end of the game.

Byrnes Invitational on 3/20:

Polk County 0
Spartanburg HS 1

Greenville 0
Byrnes 1

Lady Raiders not too unhappy with this weekend. All juniors on Washington trip, only two JV-players on our bench today, having an attacking game on one goal but could not score, missed a PK, and had only two shots on our goal - one was a breakaway which led to the game deciding goal after our two center backs accidently head-butted each other... Lesson plans for next week: FInishing, finishing, finishing.. and how to prevent knocking each other out.;-)

C
Brace
Brace
C
3-19 at airport
Airport 11 Pelion 3

corner kick
corner kick
Saturday scores from the Fort Mill Invitational:

Rock Hill 2, York 1
Northwestern 0, Forsyth Country Day School (NC) 0
First Presbyterian Day School (GA) 3, Lexington 0
Hilton Head 3, Kettle Run (VA) 0
Marvin Ridge (NC) 2, Clover 0
Westminster Catawba Christian 4, York 1
Nation Ford 3, Rock Hill 0
Charlotte Catholic (NC) 4, Hilton Head 0
Ardrey Kell (NC) 3, Lexington 0
Fort Mill 3, First Presbyterian Day School (GA) 0

Doin' it the hard way...
corner kick
corner kick
@ Bishop England

Christ Church 3
Bishop England 0

Thanks to Coach Snyder and the BE girls for a great game and incredibly beautiful weather. There was talk beforehand of cancelling and going to the beach...It couldn't have been a nicer day. The Lady Cavaliers appreciate the hospitality and sportsmanship by the Bishops. Good luck the rest of the way!

corner kick
corner kick
Sunday morning at the Fort Mill Invitational:

Fort Mill wins it!
Fort Mill 3, Hilton Head 1

Other scores:
Kettle Run (VA) 4, Rock Hill 0
Clover/Lexington and Northwestern/Nation Ford still in progress.

Doin' it the hard way...
C
bench
bench
C
3.19 @ Stratford

Stratford 8
Colleton Cty 0

--------------- Whitney Quick SSC Select Ladies ---------------
corner kick
corner kick
Last scores from the Fort Mill Invitational, in the rain

Clover 2, Lexington 0
Nation Ford 1, Northwestern 0

It was a great tournament, and there are LOTS of scores to be posted on the website A very busy weekend for all !

Doin' it the hard way...
L
bench
bench
L
They play all the region teams twice.

C
bench
bench
C
St. Joseph's vs J. L. Mann at SJCS
1-1 2 OT
Mann wins in PK's 2-1

St. Joseph's vs Heathwood Hall at SJCS
St. Joseph's-3
Heathwood Hall-2

S
bench
bench
S
WF 8 Sumter 0

kick off
kick off
Chapman @ Broome 3/19

Broome - 1
Chapman - 0

Goal - Ramirez, Assist - Rudasill, Saves - Henderson (3)

Brace
Brace
Observer and everyone else,

Let me just set the record straight since I was at the game. First of all, inaccurate rumors are flying around. The comment that was made, was first of all about the wrong coach, and totally unnecessary. The word "unbecomming" was harsh. Here is what was said word for word "Ref we would like to have a team after this game." This was after Rock Hill already lost a player to a hard tackle and someone running into the Rock Hill goalie. Both Rock Hill High coaches work very hard to teach the game of soccer and sportsmanship. It is very upsetting that comments were made to suggest otherwise. Rock Hill has already had 6 girls injured because off "soft" officiating and wanted to protect their players.

Rick Fielden
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Of the 4 schools you mentioned that don't have their entire schedules on eurosportscoreboard.com, three have the complete schedules on their school's athletics website:
Aiken Girls Schedule
RNE Girls Schedule
White Knoll Girls Schedule

Not sure why they didn't submit these to scsoccer.com.

OW's website still has the 2009 schedule.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard