Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Even if it wass only 30 seconds, that is 30 seconds. How does that happen? And I'm not suggesting that we boot the officials, just take them off of being a center official for Tournament games. It can't be that hard to have an online eval. Maybe categories like, fitness level, consistency of calls, demenor to players/coaches, proper control of game (big, BIG issue in the games I have witnessed), etc. I think if you asked most coaches they just want consistency and control. It would help for higher fitness. If they are 5 yards away when they call a foul, at least they were close enough to justify it. If a ref calls something the same way, EVERY TIME, you can coach to that. Refs are just too inconsistant!!!

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
Goal
Goal
Quote:

Even if it wass only 30 seconds, that is 30 seconds. How does that happen? And I'm not suggesting that we boot the officials, just take them off of being a center official for Tournament games. It can't be that hard to have an online eval. Maybe categories like, fitness level, consistency of calls, demenor to players/coaches, proper control of game (big, BIG issue in the games I have witnessed), etc. I think if you asked most coaches they just want consistency and control. It would help for higher fitness. If they are 5 yards away when they call a foul, at least they were close enough to justify it. If a ref calls something the same way, EVERY TIME, you can coach to that. Refs are just too inconsistant!!!

How about a eval system for the refs of the coaches...

Was the coach...
-Verbally abusive
-Arguing constantly
-Stepped onto the field without permission
-Good or Poor demeanor toward the officials

There has to be a system of checks and balances if you start something like this. Also, if there is a call in question, the SCHSL should be willing to review whatever is in question. Remember...An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules...

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
They already do, yellow/red cards and match reports.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
Goal
Goal
Where in the rulebook does it allow a coach to be carded? He can be asked to leave the area...

throw in
throw in
Quote:

Two very talented teams....Mauldin and Dorman....any recap coming on this game?

After four consecutive wins over Dorman the Mauldin team appeared to take the night off. Mauldin started off playing their possession game but quick tackling and hard running gave Dorman a one goal lead at the half and they were unlucky that it wasn't more. Coach Czar of Mauldin made some adjustments at the half, this and a breeze now in Mauldin's favor gave them a slight possession edge in the second half but overall Mauldin should be relieved that the Dorman win was by only one goal.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
HS coaches can be carded and sent off. If sent off, they can choose between a suspension or pay a fine to avoid the suspension. I don't have the HS rules in front of me, but they are different than FIFA. I will look.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
A change in the penalty for illegally equipped players was one of three rules revisions approved by the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) Soccer Rules Committee at its annual meeting January 27-28 in Indianapolis. The rules changes were subsequently approved by the NFHS Board of Directors.
The first caution (yellow card) for an illegally equipped player is issued to the coach, a rule that was implemented last year.

So, yes, a coach can be carded in high school.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

HS coaches can be carded and sent off. If sent off, they can choose between a suspension or pay a fine to avoid the suspension. I don't have the HS rules in front of me, but they are different than FIFA. I will look.

They might be different than FIFA. FIFA has no such issuance of a card for a coach

C
goal
goal
C
I was going to stay out of this one but I can't help myself.

Soccer2103 - I have heard this argument for years and years and believed it also. Until my daughter got her license with several friends and the assignor would not assign then more than 1 game a month so they all quit after a season. The answer my daughter was told was that "Jim" needed the games for the money so "Jim" got 6-8 games every weekend. And one of the "Jim"s was one of the ones everyone complains about. So do not believe that statement. Quit assigning the bad ones and new younger ones will step up to the plate. This is not volunteer work where no one gets paid.

Notsofastfriend - That's the problem. Coaches have zero ways to complain about a bad ref. But a ref can card the heck out of a bad coach. Chapin knows all to well about that problem in the past. Rosie would get cards before he had a chance to be abusive sometimes, even though he did deserve 99% of them. The ref holds all the power and I have watched as the leadership protect their own.

Now saying all that. I would never be one. Way too much running, plus I can see everything from the stands with 100% accuracy....

Here I go again!
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Quote:

The ref explained to my coaching staff it was a foul on swansea and I had about 8-12 seconds left on my watch as he called the game.

My point exactly about the officials. Kind of hard to give yourself a concussion when you are in possession of the ball and the defender brings up her forearm into my forwards head and impact was hard enough that it knocked her out... just saying it was not a head to head impact. From where I was, it was a vicious forearm to head impact. I am not trying to get into a peeing match. However, the ref actually signaled the foul in our direction (free kick), then he called the game. However, the ref had the presence of mind and he knew he could not justify the end of the game if the foul was on Airport. Anyone who saw it, would wholeheartedly agree that it was a foul on Airport. It came down to poor judgment on the account of the official, not Airport girls. That was my take on it. Both teams played hard. Keith is good friend and competitor. I wish him and his team good luck... until they come to Swansea of course.

Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard