Group B - Fort Mill, Lexington, North Myrtle Beach, Riverside
Group C - Brookland-Cayce, Clover, Greenville, Pinewood Prep

Monday, April 18
10 am - Lexington vs. Riverside
12 pm - Eastside vs. Wando
2 pm - Brookland-Cayce vs. Greenville
4 pm - North Myrtle Beach vs. Fort Mill
6 pm - Cardinal Newman vs. Norman North-OK
8 pm - Clover vs. Pinewood Prep (FORFEIT BY PINEWOOD PREP)

Tuesday, April 19
10 am - Norman North-OK vs. Wando
12 pm - Riverside vs. North Myrtle Beach
2 pm - Greenville vs. Clover
4 pm - Fort Mill vs. Lexington
6 pm - Pinewood Prep vs. Brookland-Cayce (FORFEIT BY PINEWOOD PREP)
8 pm - Eastside vs. Cardinal Newman (MATCH WILL START AT 6:00 PM)

Wednesday, April 20
10 am - Norman North-OK vs. Eastside
12 pm - Fort Mill vs. Riverside
2 pm - North Myrtle Beach vs. Lexington
4 pm - Clover vs. Brookland-Cayce
6 pm - Cardinal Newman vs. Wando
8 pm - Greenville vs. Pinewood Prep (FORFEIT BY PINEWOOD PREP)

Thursday, April 21
8:30 am - #1 vs. #4, Semifinals
10:30 am - #2 vs. #3, Semifinals
12:30 pm - #11 vs. #12, 11th Place
2 pm - #9 vs. #10, 9th Place
3:30 pm - #7 vs. #8, 7th Place
5 pm - #5 vs. #6, 5th Place
6:45 pm - Semifinal Winners, 1st Place

Notes
***Monday-Wednesday matches are 40-minute halves & 10-minute halftime;
***Thursday matches are 30-minute halves & 7-minute halftime;
***Semifinals/Finals on Thursday are 40-minute halves & 7-minute halftime;
***All matches will end in a tie with the exception of the Semifinals/Championship which will proceed to SCHSL overtime procedure (2 five minute periods and penalty kicks if necessary).

Last edited by Kyle Heise; 04/16/11 08:18 PM.
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Farragut-TN, an annual participant since 2006, has had to withdraw from the 2011 Palmetto Cup due to "district travel restrictions". We hope that the Admirals will be able to rejoin the Palmetto Cup field in the near future.

However, the 2011 Palmetto Cup welcomes its first international participant in this Spring's tournament as St. Joseph's of Ontario, Canada has taken the place of Farragut in this tourney. We welcome the Rams to the Palmetto State this Spring!

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
St. Joseph's of Ontario, Canada, has had to withdraw from the 2011 Palmetto Cup due to: "we live in a community whose income relies heavily on the manufacturing sector and unfortunately with the recent slow downs, a percentage of our parents could not see their way clear to financially support this trip ..."

So, Group B is seeking one team to square off with the likes of Fort Mill (3A), Lexington (4A), and Riverside (4A). The schedule is listed above. Please send an e-mail to Kyle Heise if your boys varsity squad is interested. Thanks!

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
The 2011 Palmetto Cup is seeking a 12th team to round out the tournament field. We have a system for an 11-team tourney if necessary, but would prefer to keep the 12-team format if at all possible.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Thanks to Coach Jason Mueller and North Myrtle Beach for committing to the 2011 Palmetto Cup. The Chiefs participated in the Palmetto Cup in 2008 and 2009 and own a 3-3-2 record at the spring tourney. This rounds out the 12-team tournament scheduled for The Cage at Brookland-Cayce HS, April 18-21.

Q
throw in
throw in
Q
Can anyone help ESPN Soccernet Broadcast with these questions? I think it would be great to have his crew down in Columbia!!!

Is there WI-FI in the Palmetto Cup press box?

Do I need to talk to the AD of BC to get admission through the gate with my crew?

Can I bring a cooler?

Who's going to pick me up from the airport? I only fly Virgin Mobile and British Airways...you can forget about Southwest Airlines. I enjoy life.

Is there a good local pub around so I can watch some real football from across the pond? We have Champions League and Prem going on!

brace
brace
I'm hesitant to say that it's a done deal but, I have put in a request with the boss to be in attendance of this prestigious event. My only hope is that the pollen problem in your native land will clear up by then. I have a real distaste for that sort of thing. I suspect my countrymen have as well since 1781.

I must say I do take a certain amount of schoolboy joyousness in watching the American game. It's the same feeling I get when I see The Real Housewives of Yorkshire on the tele; a guilty pleasure. We only catch 15 second snipits of your MLS on the 2AM American sports show. I'm getting worked up thinking about loose clothing, bad verbal skills, and pick up trucks just thinking about it!

Hot N Ready - 5 Minutes or less.
World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Quote:

answers beside questions in bold

Can anyone help ESPN Soccernet Broadcast with these questions? I think it would be great to have his crew down in Columbia!!!

Is there WI-FI in the Palmetto Cup press box? No. We formally requested this to be put in by the district in February, but still to no avail. We are efforting to establish a wi-fi hot spot via other means however.

Do I need to talk to the AD of BC to get admission through the gate with my crew? No, just email me at kheise@lex2.org with your name and that of your crew.

Can I bring a cooler? No outside food or drinks are allowed inside The Cage.

Who's going to pick me up from the airport? I only fly Virgin Mobile and British Airways...you can forget about Southwest Airlines. I enjoy life. Well, the Columbia Metro Airport and local municipalities dropped the ball on Southwest and the others don't offer local service. I might recommend Delta.

Is there a good local pub around so I can watch some real football from across the pond? We have Champions League and Prem going on! Of course, the Cock N Bull pub is excellent and is just a five minute drive from BCHS.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup

The 19th Annual Palmetto Cup, hosted by Brookland-Cayce High School, once again has billboards advertising this year's event. The four-day tournament will be held at BCHS April 18-21 and involves 12 boys teams. The displays can be found at three locations in the Midlands:

1. Digital Board at the intersection of Blossom Street and Huger Street across the Congaree River in Columbia

2. Paper Board at 1210 Augusta Road near the West Columbia Amphitheater/River Walk and State Street

3. Paper Board at the intersection of Millwood Avenue and Dillon Street in Columbia

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Neat media day interview with Norman North senior Trevor Laffoon who is Oral Roberts bound in the fall.

Click here

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard