Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Brace
OP Offline
Brace

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
World Cup
Online Content
World Cup

Arsène Wenger accepts his Arsenal side will be labelled as underdogs in their Champions League Quarter-Final with Barcelona – even though he thinks the tie is “even-money”.

The Frenchman’s team were handed the hardest possible opponents in Friday’s draw when they were pitched against the reigning European champions.

Pep Guardiola’s side won a treble last year. They despatched Manchester United 2-0 in the Champions League Final and also scooped a domestic double in Spain.

"I believe we will not be favourites but, for me, it will be a 50-50 game,” said Wenger when asked for his reaction at his usual Friday press conference. “That's how we have to take it.

"When you get to the Quarter-Finals of the Champions League you play good teams and Barcelona are a good team.

“It will be an interesting, exciting game. We have to make sure we have the belief and focus right.”

Should Arsenal defy the odds they face the winner of Inter and CSKA Moscow in the Semi-Final. Having knocked out Chelsea, the Italians will be favoured there. It will be a tough path but, having got back into the title race, Wenger believes he must keep his focus on domestic matters.

"You can only take one step at a time,” he said. “Of course the route is not easy, I concede that. But the best way to be successful in the Quarter-Final is to go into those games in good condition and with a strong belief.

"That happens only if we do well in the Premier League.”

corner kick
corner kick
still cant understand what happened, our defense is crap but i guess kaka and cr9 are not playing their best right now only higuain.

i hate mourinho but my pick is inter, very solid team plus they have eto, the best forward in the world.

any more doubts of who is better, eto or drogba?

Club of the century.
B
kick off
kick off
B
eto or drogba? messi is the best forward in the world! and yeah real madrid is garbage really miss kakas good days at ac milan and cr9 days at man u where they were actually good. barcelona all the way!

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Just because America advertises Champions League as bigger then the World Cup and that's all you know about, doesn't mean Madrid is "garbage" for being eliminated. They are tied for first with Barca in La Liga and are one of the best club teams in the world. Good teams lose in soccer due to tactics taking over talent in the modern game. Stay rational. Eto or Drogba? Neither, a healthy Torres.

B
kick off
kick off
B
so if you knew anything eto and drogba are nothing compared to messi! you are an idiot who was fifa player of the year? who is the leading goalscorer in spain? yeah okay maybe "madrid" should buy him oh wait they would still be terrible! but we will see who the better team is april 10

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Huh? Put your drink down before typing. Or, wait five years before posting.

Everyone knows Messi is regarded as the best player in the world. I strongly agree too. But the question was Eto or Drogba, two out and out strikers? I mentioned Torres, another out and out striker. Messi is not that type of striker, more of a smaller, dribbing hybrid type, hence his career before Barca and with Argentina. The 4-3-3 is the only time he's given that more advanced role.

Relax. Messi being the best player in the world is no relevation. We all know it.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
The Roonster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WhoDaresWins
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Le font encore Lyon ! Real Madrid, contrôle ! Bordeaux, contrôle ! Bavière Munich, vous betcha !

That is:

Let's do it again Lyon! Real Madrid, check! Bordeaux, check! Bayern Munich, you betcha!

in English.

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
corner kick
corner kick
Eto could make history tomorrow.

Bayern is gone be tough, maybe not the best defense but just like madrid, great offense.

Our cbs are crap, garay and albiol and even pepe are a joke.

With mourinho, rivery and hopelly 2 solid defenders, we will be invincible next season, assuming that kaka and cr9 stay healthy.

it will be nice if we can bring robben and sneijder back, they belong to greatness, cambiasso is another big boy that should get back to madrid.

Club of the century.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard