Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
What is the difference between a played or kicked ball?
Are not all balls played or kicked if they are moving?
The idea behind an indirect is that the ball can not be struck or kicked directly on goal..Correct? So if a ball is played or kicked in any other direction but goal makes it alright..correct?

C
Coach
Coach
C
Yeah, I don't think there is a distinction about just how much force has to be exerted on the ball to make the difference between "playing" and "kicking" the ball. If it travels about 12 inches as a result of being struck by a foot, it was "kicked," only kicked gently. Put a couple of kids in the back seat of the car and try to explain to them, "no, sorry--your brother isn't 'kicking' you unless you go flying off in the air; he's only 'playing' you with his foot."

All joking aside, the issue was that the center appeared to have turned away from the play when the ball was struck and didn't see that two players had contacted the ball. The AR on the near side closest the goal was doing his job and watching for offside. The AR on the far side at midfield who had a direct line of sight on the kick wasn't directly consulted. Still, I was a spectator at this one and my perspective is probably not much better than that of any other observer outside the area of play.

On the positive side, the officiating on fouls and offside seemed fair and in the best interest of player safety.

Last edited by Coach Chass; 03/30/10 06:21 PM.

I've got good news and bad news...
S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Unfortunately, that would be one of the technical things that seems to be lacking in SC refs. I was always told that you should always be facing the ball, otherwise you may get hit by it!! Especially on free kicks. I can't tell you how many times I have seen a team touch the ball on a corner then dribble in only to have the ref send them back because he wasn't paying attention. Just wish the refs were a bit more consistant. You can coach to consistancy whether it is bad or good.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard