Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Yikes, that's not good. At least there is a video to help the players's cause.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
brace
brace
Are you saying this player showed a total lack of respect for the game of soccer and faked a foul! I AM SHOCKED

Was he a fwd by any chance? That position seems to be most conducive to players who can dive!

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
I haven't seen alot of diving, BUT a whole lot of embellishing (which should be a card). How many time do you see some get fouled (tripped let's say) and then roll around on the ground like they were stabbed??? Please refs, call the foul then card the person who got fouled for embellishment. It's aweful.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
D
bench
bench
D
Yes, like a swimmer off a board. Who would have guessed? Not to spoil your fun but it was a mid-fielder, crazy world huh?

E
bench
bench
E
NW will win by 3+. FM doesn't have any legitimate goal scorers and NW will probably dominate possession. I think Ricky will score a few times since Dennis never does much against solid teams.

world cup
world cup
Trojans keep kicking
The (Rock Hill) Herald
March 25, 2010
by Barry Byers

http://www.heraldonline.com/2010/03/25/2043245/trojans-keep-kicking-bearcats.html

It's not everyday you see four PK's awarded in one match, but as FM coach Lloyd Chalker said, most of them were warranted.

It amazes me how aggressive, and sometimes reckless, defenders can be when the ball is inside their own penalty area. This center official had the courage to make the calls.

I thought Fort Mill gave Northwestern a very good fight last night. Looking forward to the return match in Rock Hill. Dennis, Alex and Ricky are a pleasure to watch.....and Fort Mill has some very talented underclassmen as well.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
brace
brace
Sounds like NHS is making a living on PK's this year!
FMHS going to have to tighten up in the box as they have given up about 6 or 7 goals to PK's or own goals now.

H
kick off
kick off
H
It really is a shame to see players that are very good play the game very wrong. In a different game I watched a NW player pull a player down on him and then NW player jumped up and pushed him 2-handed in the back. No card. Refs. seem to be very, very lenient with NW players' fouls. Why didn't the NW kid get a red card in the York game? Are they just too good to do wrong? Unfortunately, one wrong ref. call in a game CAN change an eventual outcome.
At Fort Mill last night, the first PK was a collision of 2 players going directly for the ball. Goalie coming out, NW player coming in. The NW player even got a foot on the ball. No foul should have been called. 1-1 at the half is much different than going in behind 1-0. NW seems to have falling in the box down to an artform. The last fall in the box was questionable. The NW player fell over his feet going for the ball and the side ref. who called it had his view blocked by the NW player. It appeared to be a fine acting job, but the PK counted no less. A FM player with the ball was tripped in the box late in the game.....no call. What? Calls such as these should NOT be missed with 3 refs. Is it possible for the refs. not to be biased? Maybe one day it won't seem this way and NW can stop rolling around in the dirt. But for now, when they do, they get the calls, so it continues. Too bad on all counts.

world cup
world cup
Hardtruth,

I'm a Fort Mill supporter.....and a referee. Let's review what you are saying about that first PK (and I was at the match too).

NW player breaks into the box. FM keeper coming out at him. NW player gets a foot on the ball, FM keeper does not get a foot on the ball. Both players collide and go down.

Explain to me how this is not a PK?

Both teams played well and deserve credit. The rematch at Northwestern should be another good game, with a great atmosphere. Pull for your team and try to enjoy the game.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Brace
Brace
If you are talking about the Darlington game, you are totally correct. York don't know. Felt PK's at FM/NW game were OK calls. Could agree with you on the no-call late in the game when FM player went down. Refs due the best they can. Be a former ref not as easy on the field as in the stands. Would have liked to have seen the AR's taking a little more active role, especially away from the ball.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard