Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
kick off
kick off
H
Hurst,

You pretty much explained it right. They collided. 50/50 momentum on both sides. I suppose what REALLY matters is which one fell. Couldn't the offensive player be called for a foul for running into the GK? So, who ran into who? A 50/50 collision from both boys, should NOT simply be called against the one that is larger in size or the one that hits the ground. The NW player even got off a shot so the GK could not touch the ball. So, I suppose it's a 50/50 call and we all know the winner.

Still have doubts about the 3rd PK, however, based upon the history of the one that fell.....I have doubts about the call and the position of the one that called it.

I'm not saying that the refs. caused the game. The could have been better. We never want to blame refs. even if they are bad. I mean there were things that the whole FM team could have done better to avoid the situations that led to goals. Kudos to NW for putting themselves in the box.

NW sure seems to get the benefit of the doubt by refs. in most cases and definitely easy treatment when it comes to cards. Hopefully, in the future, guys will dance around the NW guys to avoid fouls while the NW guys continue to push/punch there way into the box. Hopefully, things....lots of things will be different at the next meeting.

brace
brace
Fort Mill D had a solid outings against NHS. They kept the shots out of the net and kept FMHS in the game even with all the PKs that were given/earned/handout/awarded for best role (roll) by a supporting actor etc... (pick them as you see them?). To lose 4-2 in a game where the other guy got 3 pk's means you did a good job holding them off.
Someone getting on the board early is something NHS does not see a lot of but FM missed the first one by inches and came right back and got up on NHS. Heck even IRMO did not score first on them, in fact I think NHS was behind for first time all year. Got to give some credit to FM Fwds for putting them there, of course the D and mids should too since as we know it takes 11 to score!

Looks like the D will be just as solid this year with the new underclassmen stepping in for last years lost players and helping a solid core of returners! The O has already shown they will be scoring more, darn they got more last night in outing 1 than they did in 3 last year!

kick off
kick off
the offensive player for nw did not "run into the fm keeper"....the fm keeper slid and completely took the attacker out. he deserved atleast a yellow for a late and wreckless challenge in which he did not even TRY to play the ball

but maybe you saw something completely different.

kick off
kick off
also,

well said Chief and Hurst.

Well done to NW for putting themself in a good position, but also to FM for defending well for most of the match.

brace
brace
Quote:

Hurst,

NW sure seems to get the benefit of the doubt by refs. in most cases and definitely easy treatment when it comes to cards. Hopefully, in the future, guys will dance around the NW guys to avoid fouls while the NW guys continue to push/punch there way into the box. Hopefully, things....lots of things will be different at the next meeting.

This is what I meant when I said tighten up in the box earlier! FM will have to duck an dodge NHS while getting the ball out of the box! As good as they did last night they are going to have to do that and avoid letting NHS put them where "fouls" can be made to appear. Oh and one you left off was "push/punch" and how about tug?

Seems like calls do go more to some teams than to others too, kind of like how MJ could take 3 steps before jumping to dunk. Not saying refs are biased just that some teams/players get the calls/have the luck or any number sayings. Same player who got a PK against IRMO was instrumental getting one against FM too????? He must be very hard to stop!

brace
brace
NHS did put themselves in position to get the shots but FM served notice that they are right there with them this year! A few lucky breaks (and you can make your own luck) and FM could have it turn out the other way around next game! Looking fwd to the rematch and with some luck for both teams and round three at the end of the year!

kick off
kick off
well it could turn out a different way, but i dont think it will. NW was on the offensive for the majority of the game, FM playing for the counterattack.

NW missed their chances as well (header off the cross bar, whiff on a cross while unmarked, etc...). So just as FM could have scored a couple early, NW could have blew this game open if they finished chances.

ill be expecting another good match in april!

brace
brace
I guess that's the luck part! Each team will have another shot at making their luck next time and I am kind of hoping NHS breaks a mirror in the locker room on the way out to the pitch! Not wanting anyone hurt just hopping for a little extra help next time! What, you think David wasn't looking for a little some thing extra when he saw Goliath standing out there?

Gotta wonder though is there a better inter region boys rivalry in SC than FMHS vs NHS?

Last edited by The Chief; 03/26/10 04:19 AM.
H
kick off
kick off
H
I suppose that I saw the collision different. Although most were watching the ball trickle and miss the goal, I did see two players running at one another to get the same ball. One of them was bound to reach the ball first. I couldn't see where momentum of both guys could not have taken them into one another. Did he slide to go for the ball that came close enough to the ground for NW guy to put a foot on it? Would love to see the slow motion video.

The refs. WERE tough enough to "yellow card" one FM kid for walking around the field mumbling. The ref. didn't even hear what he said, because he asked him. I was sitting close enough to the field to hear the ref. ask.

I hope the FM guys gain some confidence from the loss and that it inpires both the O and D. I really hope that SC refs. "begin" to fairly give cards and watch for over-acting with NW forwards that seem to oftenly lose their footing. I like and care about a number of the NW players and are proud of what they have accomplished over the years from the region. Never want any of these guys hurt. Have seen way too much of that.

kick off
kick off
Well I am not going to continue to argue with you, hardtruth, when your own fan base is telling you that it was a clear pk.

Good luck on your season, see you at NW for the rematch.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard