Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

Might want to consider having team manager say somthing, as they are almost always a parent. Has the coach said anything to the team "family" as a whole?

Yes, preseason team meeting & emails.
guess its time to enforce & maybe yank his kid until he shuts it?

Don't yank his kid...it is not his child's fault. Probably embarassing the kid already

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Do a majority of the parents feel the same way you do? If so..The group should talk to the parent..If he/she sees that a majority of the parents feel this way..They will usually calm down..Strength in numbers..

S
sandman Offline OP
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
my dream team would be all orphans

C
Goal
Goal
C
Quote:

my dream team would be all orphans

LOL.... great line

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Quote:

Good policy, Sweet...so, how exactly do they go about addressing it? How are expectations communicated and, even more importantly, enforced?

Starts at the top with one of the best DOC's in the country, Pearse Tormey. Each CESA coach communicates to there team and parents at the start of the season what there expectations are. As far as enforcement, that would be Mr.Tormey and believe me, it rarely ever gets to that point. CESA is run by two DOC's not a bunch of knuckle headed parents.

I've been really lucky with parents so far...most of them have been very positive on the sideline and I haven't had any who didn't respond to reminders about sideline conduct. Still, I am very curious about methods of dealing with that odd exception who refuses to be contained gently. Promise I'm not trying to be difficult, but what exactly is the outline for procedure? "CESA is run by two DOC's" and "that would be Mr. Tormey" are a little ambiguous and would require a conditioned response from the parent, much like "just wait till your father gets home..." only has meaning if the child has a clear idea of just WHAT will happen when Dad gets home. What I'm getting at is, what are CESA's prescribed consequences for sideline misbehavior? Suspend the player? Ban the parent from sidelines? I'm not trying to be difficult...I'm genuinely curious how the club officially handles these situations through clear consequences.

I've got good news and bad news...
J
corner kick
corner kick
J
ditto

goal
goal
Chass, I believe the unwritten consequences are getting "kneecapped."

sweet, (this is always fun) can you share with us which clubs are run by "a bunch of knuckle headed parents" ?

goal
goal
Chass, but seriously, from what i hear, cesa coaches usually tell the parents at the very first practice (don't quote me) "i am the coach, you are not. if you don't like it, don't let the door hit you on the way out" (in a very serious, not-to-be-misunderstood tone). like sweet said, i don't think it gets back up to the big cheese very often (there are some fairly intimidating coaches there)

Will that work for you? Sorry, but probably not (I know that wasn't much help).

C
Coach
Coach
C
That does about sum it up; Sweet and I agreed that it also helps when you are THE option in the area so that "hit the highway" carries a bit more weight than "drive a few miles down the road." Again, I'm grateful for not having to enforce those options...thanks go out to my parents for helping create a positive environment for our players!

I've got good news and bad news...
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Im my experience, these things tend to straighten themselves out in time. Either the player will tell the parents to chill out or the parents will realize they do more harm than good by yelling at the ref's. The adults will mature as parents just as the kids will mature as players. Don't worry about your teams rep unless you are the coach or DOC for the club. It's really not your place, Sit back and enjoy your childs experience.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard