Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I guess the key words there are " at the moment"
Knuckhead season starts every spring and fall down here..

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

i guess when they dominate state cups the way they did, something must be working for them.

Yes they did, COMPLETE DOMINATION.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
What if the team manager is also the obnoxious parent? CESA or SCYSA no outrageous parents allowed by either. A tight ship.

S
goal
goal
S
momofboy:

Can't vouch for SCYSA, but sure CESA has an obnoxious manager/parent or two, heck I have met them, however when it comes to field conduct that crap is checked at the gate.

Wish I could say the same for HS matches, seems like only a select group of coaches have any control of there fans/parents, it's crazy what i hear when I attend HS matches.

Last edited by sweet feet; 03/24/10 11:29 PM.
C
kick off
kick off
C
March 6, 2010 BBT 3:00
MPSC 95 Elite vs Cesa Challenge
During entire game small group of CESA parents refereed the entire match. Approximately 5 minutes left in game young ref ejected a parent for behavior. Parent refused to leave field even with recommendation of some good CESA parents. Coach never interjected or came to the aid of official. Same team had a parent that yelled "miss it" as my daughter struck her pk in OT at CESA tournament 2 seasons prior, he was ejected by the ref, not the parents, coach, or DOC. He did write a letter of apology later to our coach but truthfully coach could have cared less, the girls are the ones who deserved the apology and letter but that never came. Sweet I do agree that CESA is a good club with excellent leadership but never think that you have anything close to the moral high road. Just as many bad apples in the upstate as the lowcountry. I should know I grew up there.
Craig Cashion
Hillcrest High School Class of 1982
P.S.
Great Job Coach Younts

goal
goal
sweet, do you seriously want to start that whole "domination" of a dying league thing again? seriously. it's late and i'm tired, but i can always find the time and energy to discuss your arrogance - we haven't shared the love in a while - i've really missed our special moments together. we should do coffee some time.

goal
goal
mr cashion, you MUST be mistaken. there is absolutely NO way that could have taken place. you read what sweet wrote - that type of behavior is NOT tolerated within that organization.

think about it some tonight, come up with a more reasonable (and believable) story, then try again tomorrow. k?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Cashion,
Good point..Over zealous parents are everywhere and would you not expect to find them at a club like CESA that has a tradition for winning.Ten years of club ball..I have seen it all..My remedy..Don't stand near the parents on my team or the opposing team..Do I hold a club responsible for a parents actions? No..they are adults and should act like adults no matter what club they represent and while we are discussing aggressive parents..I think they are the minority of club parents..Most know how to act..Like adults.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
somewhat related: was at training tonight and we were discussing positions for our upcoming game on Saturday.

One young lady asked if she could start in midfield and I said sure. She then went on to ask if she could wait until Saturday before deciding if she wanted to play left or right.

OK this got me wondering, so I had to go there "why" I asked. and the response...

"so that I don't play on the side with the parents. They yell too much".

sad, but true.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
sandman Offline OP
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Quote:

somewhat related: was at training tonight and we were discussing positions for our upcoming game on Saturday.

One young lady asked if she could start in midfield and I said sure. She then went on to ask if she could wait until Saturday before deciding if she wanted to play left or right.

OK this got me wondering, so I had to go there "why" I asked. and the response...

"so that I don't play on the side with the parents. They yell too much".

sad, but true.

we have a winner

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard