S
sandman Offline OP
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Quote:

Cashion,
Good point..Over zealous parents are everywhere and would you not expect to find them at a club like CESA that has a tradition for winning.Ten years of club ball..I have seen it all..My remedy..Don't stand near the parents on my team or the opposing team..Do I hold a club responsible for a parents actions? No..they are adults and should act like adults no matter what club they represent and while we are discussing aggressive parents..I think they are the minority of club parents..Most know how to act..Like adults.

i agree, but it just takes one miserable mouth

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

sweet, do you seriously want to start that whole "domination" of a dying league thing again? seriously. it's late and i'm tired, but i can always find the time and energy to discuss your arrogance - we haven't shared the love in a while - i've really missed our special moments together. we should do coffee some time.

Belligerent:
Why is it arrogance ? I never came on this board and discussed how CESA did during state cup in December.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Sandman,
Enjoy your child playing the game..Don't let that one miserable mouth take that away from you..Move away and enjoy the game..My wife would would sometimes say " did you hear what that parent said" ..My reply "nope" I was to busy watching my kid play..Tune it out!

C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
Also somewhat related from the high school side...conversation between me and a co-worker today:

Her: "Oh, my gosh...did you hear what XXXX's parent was yelling from the stands last night?"

Me: "Nope, didn't notice, I was focused on the field."

There's a moral in there somewhere, eh, CHT?

I've got good news and bad news...
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Coach,
I did'nt know there was going to be a test..
Enjoy the game...more important..enjoy your child playing the game..Over zealous parents are in every sport and have been around for a lifetime..Accept it..Lead by example..Don't find yourself next to the loud parent and both of you are yelling at the ref or players but sometimes it bothers you..Be consistant in your behavior and the loud ones will stand alone...and hopefully pipe down..
Since we are in the club soccer thread and spring is in the air...The mailboxes should start filling up with invites for club tryouts..
When are clubs going to do away with tryout fees?
The idea is to get players into your clubs..Right?
Why are we charging players that have been at the same club for years tryout fees? Do they need to pay to show us something different when we already know where they fit?
What's 25 or 30 dollars if you can get more kids signed up and they have to pay club and training fees? That's where the money is..Do away with tryout fees and give something back to the memberships..

C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
CUSC experimented with a radical new approach to the U18 girls' classic team last season; rather than have a conventional tryout setup with associated fees, we invited players based on recommendations from area coaches (including, of course, our own recommendations from players we had prior experience with) for players who would be competitive and benefit from training at that level. No tryout fees for having a look at them, and we tried to minimize overall cost. Seemed like a crazy idea, but the resulting team made it to the PMSL finals match...guess it wasn't that crazy!

C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
Oh, and I guess the moral was, if you're focused on the right things on the field, you're not so much bothered by the ones who aren't.

Kinda like that Grape Nuts commercial...(blissfully crunching away) "What's that? Can't hear you!"

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Not crazy at all..success for a third of the price.
I'm a Cap'n Crunch guy..

S
sandman Offline OP
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
thanks fellas, i'm going to take your advice & just punch the offender in the face , don't blow off your jury notices next month.

H
goal
goal
H
So, what makes American soccer referees such delicate flowers, as distinguished from their European brethren and American football, baseball and basketball officials?

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard