Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick

Here are some of my personal biggest disappointments this season:

1. Bad goalkeeping- There is some bad goalkeeping in the state this year. Other than the Irmo guys, Pinewoods Beebe, and BC's Duzan not much out there of a impact and athletic nature.

2. Referees- Still waiting to hear a reasonable explanation from one of them how you can take possession away from a team and award a free kick if the another teams player gets hurt. Oh yeah the two man system blows and out of shape referees can't keep up.

3. Bad looks by coaches- Coaches get shirts, shorts, and outfits that fit. I promise you if you look respectable(this means no jeans, pea coats, dockers with Camel loafers) your players will play better for you instead.

4. Bad fields- Man can the districts take some pride in the playing pitches around this great state. This is for ADs around the state, STOP WASTING MONEY ON MIDDLE OF THE REGION BASKETBALL AND LACROSSE TEAMS.

5. South Aiken Soccer??? What has happened to S. Aiken?

S
Brace
Brace
S
1.) I think there are a lot of young goalkeepers this year without the expereience of those you have listed. Obviously I have to say Austin Jordan (Airport) is a very good keeper for a sophomore, but of course I am biased. I also believe that in time Adam Frantz from ACF will be good and Dreher has a decent freshman in goal from what I have heard. I beleive Cardinal Newman has a young one as well, I may be wrong. Again, I think with goalkeeping, you can attribute success to experience. I agree, the ones you listed are top notch.

2.) Referees-I was at the match you are referring to with that incident. Yes a blown call but the rest of that match I thought was officiated fairly well. I doubt you will get any sort of explanation for that.

3.) Hadn't seen it yet this year but totally agree

4.) Enough said, even if you don't have pride in your "pitch," have pride in keeping your "football field" in top shape during the offseason.

5.) Serious injuries and a lot to graduation. Don't count them out yet, they are very organized and got a key player back last night. S. Aiken will be fine.

Still early Wak so there may be more disappointments to come.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
THROW IN A GODDERN MOONPIE AND I'D BE ABOUT RIGHT MANE

Stuff White People Like: #589 - Guy Fieri
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
You forgot 1 thing...

The Sunday weather was a disappointment.

Not so much Saturday as I'm now a fresh coat of bronze and so are a few NAWGS. Pretty sure Wacko Flacco got a couple shades darker as well on Saturday.

Oh well 1 out of 2 ain't bad.

Puttin A's on B's
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
I know your the kind of person that would rock a Kangol and some big sunglasses at a soccer match but it doesnt have to be all that I'm just tryin to have a good day I almost got laid off. Probably have a Easter Short Set on next time.

Last edited by wakaflockamyers; 03/24/10 06:26 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard