Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Goal
Goal
C
Very tough played match between two evenly matched teams. Both teams can walk off the pitch with their heads held high. We were fortunate to come out on the winning end. I now owe my girls a Pizza and Movie session.

goal kick
goal kick
Impressed with South Pointe! Congrats!

R
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
R
South Pointe played a very tough game. Lancaster never seemed to be into this match. The Bruins had only one legitimate scoring chance. South Pointe only had one also but you know what....

corner kick
corner kick
@ Dutch Fork

DF 3 Aiken 0

Tomorrow...is too late.
S
bench
bench
S
It is sad to see the talent of a team like Clover lost to inexperienced coaching. As I watched the game from across the field I saw a player that I have had the opportunity to coach and train over the years and wondered what type of injury was keeping her out of the game. As I later discovered there was no injury! I watched this player at the Viking Cup play well against great teams, and actually overheard a conversation between two of the college coaches discussing her strengths along with their possible future interest. I agree that depth and fresh legs was the deciding factor in the game, but Clover had depth and fresh legs on the bench the coach just decided not to use them! Go figure!

brace
brace
Not my place to say if Clover was using their players to their best advantage.
I was of course watching the FM players and their rotation more closely. I thought the Clover players gave FM a good challenge the whole game but that down the stretch the FM mids/defenders were able to blunt the Clover FWDS (especially #7? she is clearly an excellent ball handler) attack becasue of fresher legs and trusting rotation where one player would challenge knowing the other would roll behind her to prevent a break thru, got to credit that to good coaching and smart players. Also have to give credit to the Keeper/defender work at FM they seem to work with trust of each other very well. Keeper enjoyed good shielding and got the drops when she called for them. I liked how she was not afraid to push to ball out of play knowing her defense would setup and rally to clear the ball. Thought on the other end the work between the Clover defenders and Keeper was a little less coordinated. Saw a few times where the keeper was trying to make plays but got cut off by a defender. Not sure they resulted in either goal, just that it created more chances than you would probably like to see.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Pinewood Prep 3
Frederica Academy 0 (2009 GISA AA State Champs)

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard