Page 2 of 2 1 2
IDK #132445 04/04/10 05:40 PM
S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Quote:

if i coached a weak team and was loosing bad i would much rather have the opposing team keep playing soccer and run the score up instead of playing keep away, that way the kids can at least see how the game should be played and the refs should not let calls slide because of the score. the kids still need to learn how to play and that it is not ok for them to commit a foul or handball etc.

That's what i do not understand, in looking at the standings the top teams seem to keep the scoring low while the unranked teams seem to try and run the score up. why is it the top coaches never seem to run the scores up on there opponents.

S
goal
goal
S
because they've been there done that & if you are truly overpowering a team that means the ball is kept in the attacking 3rd where your d doesn't get any work except in a lightly supportive role, so the experienced coach will instead work the ball around, drops & switches, to goalie & fulbacks, maybe create some drama in the defensive 3rd to keep them sharp, teamwork, skills, communication, etc.

the lessor experienced teams will sometimes take full advantage of lessor opponents & make up for getting squashed the previous week...human nature

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard