Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
world cup
world cup
Didn't SC "suddenly burst onto the national scene" last summer?

U-16 boys? U-18 boys?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
B
bench
bench
B
IF they played in October 2010, who wins this match - CESA 92 team vs. SC United U-18 team?

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Didn't SC "suddenly burst onto the national scene" last summer?

U-16 boys? U-18 boys?

I guess I should have been more specific, lol. How about "Unless SC shows staying power as a nationally competitive soccer state"?

We've had sporadic teams that compete well regionally and, now, nationally, but not steadily enough to provide supporting more than one Development club.

Mind you, I'm not trying to put us down as a state because I do think we're improving and climbing the ladder, but I'm trying to think like the people who're making the decisions.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

IF they played in October 2010, who wins this match - CESA 92 team vs. SC United U-18 team?

. That game would be EPIC but IMO I would say SC united would most likely win.

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
D
throw in
throw in
D
What does it really matter in the grand scheme of things?

If you are not one of the top 3 or 4 players on Academy team or on the CESA team playing R3PL/ECNL, you probably are not even getting a sniff at one of the top D1 programs anyway and how many SC players have been capped over history? Still can count on one hand?

If Amon played on a CESA team or if Eggers played on an Academy team, it would not change what type of player they are. They would still be considered because of the player they are.

Just enjoy the beautiful game and be thankful the top players in the lower/mid/upper state have somewhere to play against other good competition and go talk smack on the high school board as the kids probably enjoy playing for their colors more anyway.

goal
goal
Dirty,

Probably the majority of subjects discussed on this board don’t really “matter” in the grand scheme of things (which is very subjective, btw), but this is a soccer bulletin board.

Maybe you should try the Grand Scheme bulletin board.

B
throw in
throw in
B
Pretty easy
CESA 92 in a blowout

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Big Daddy,
I believe that CESA has applied twice, including this year, and has not been admitted. As you can see from the link in the first post, US Soccer admitted 1% of this year's applicants. There is a lot more to getting an Academy spot than winning state cups. I'm sure that many of the other clubs that were unsuccesful applicants are big dogs in their states too.
Whatever the reason is that CESA hasn't gotten in, the fact is that South Carolina has one Development Academy club and that's where the top players need to be playing.

I really have a hard time believing this.

I don't have a hard time with USSF looking at VA, the Carolinas, GA, AL, and FL....and saying we have enough Academies in this region.

The next question is....have they been distributed properly? Regardless of population, Atlanta hasn't shown it can handle 3 Academies. CESA has shown it can build and develop and recruit....the question to me isn't about South Carolina so much as its about the GSP area and whether the CESA infrastructure can support it. I think it can and that CESA would be a far better Academy selection than the #3 Academy in Atlanta.

Consider it promotion-relegation.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Pretty easy
CESA 92 in a blowout

If CESA were Academy their u18 team would be the 92's with a handful of 93's. Their u16 team would be a mix of the 93's and the very good 94 team.

Does anyone really think those 2 teams wouldn't be highly competitive in Academy?

goal
goal
Beenaround, having never seen this team play (or maybe once at bb&t, very early in the season) how can you be so confident about that? But even if it were to happen, would a cesa '92 win over the Academy U18 boys somehow justify your decision to drive all the way to Greenville?

Besides, what difference does it make? The Academy players will continue to be seen by National Team staff on a regular and consistent basis, and the cesa players will not.

Daddy, you're asking if cesa can handle the infrastructure of the GSP area? You seriously believe that people in Atlanta would rather drive to cesa/Greenville than play at a local club? You really are eat up with them, aren't you? And you still haven't done your homework on this subject.

It's a done deal. For the 2010-11 season, cesa is not in the Development Academy, whether they applied or not. Now they just have to figure out how to appease all those people they made empty promises to.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard