Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
world cup
world cup
Does Developmental Academy cost more than R3PL?

Assuming it does, CESA can easily appease me by telling me I'm going to save hundreds (or thousands) of dollars. My kid can still receive quality training, play on a competitive team, and be seen by college coaches at regionals, Disney, College Showcases, etc.

That's all my kid and I would need.

Unless, somebody were to blow smoke up my butt and tell me my kid was national team material, and really needed to play Academy if they were ever to make it at ManU or Barca.

Then, as on overzealous parent, with more money and time than I really have now.......I might consider Academy.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
L
Kickoff
Kickoff
L
Big Daddy,
I know its really hard to deal with the fact that CESA can't offer a soccer program that someone else does and has absolutely no control over getting it, but guess what? As Belli said, SC United has it and if your son wants to play the most competitive soccer in sc there is only one place to do so.

There was a wise man called Raekwon\many other names that once told me if I would like more info to call CESA DOC's. I'm sure they will be more than happy to give you their "strategic" reason for not having it.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
"Daddy, you're asking if cesa can handle the infrastructure of the GSP area? You seriously believe that people in Atlanta would rather drive to cesa/Greenville than play at a local club? You really are eat up with them, aren't you? And you still haven't done your homework on this subject."

My point isn't whether people will drive from Atlanta to GSP to play for CESA. Actually, they already do. My point was......that CESA could more than handle Academy competitively and structurally. Certainly better than at least 2 of the 3 Atlanta clubs.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
"As Belli said, SC United has it and if your son wants to play the most competitive soccer in sc there is only one place to do so. "

York county kids can play Academy out of Charlotte and several kids do. SCU is not the only Academy option for SC kids.

L
Goal
Goal
L
Parent’s ego is the driver……..my kid plays at the highest level and plays at a higher level than your kid. With the exception of a few there is enough comp and quality to go around in r3pl vs. flying to vegas to get in a few games. Heck some teams fly out west (tx, nv, wa, ca) and play the same teams they would have played in r3pl. crazy

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Would you call if parent EGO if CESA was selected as one of the two clubs to be added in the Academy League? Probably not.. For whatever reason CESA was not selected. South Carolina United is in the league that has National recognition. For the people taking part in it there is a benefit regardless if their kid would make the national team or not...

L
Kickoff
Kickoff
L
Daddy,
I'm fully aware that SCU isn't the only option for SC kids (who knows, some GSP parents may even drive to ATL for it), but as the name of this thread states - it is the only place in SC that offers such a thing.
Bottom line here is that CESA's plan was to be in the Academy but it was shut down by their failed application. By applying they are in essence admitting that USSF is the best program out there. If they didn't believe such then they would not have applied. Any other notion would just be a spin. It is what it is.

goal
goal
Hurst, did anyone at cesa make any promises to you in regards to the possibility of them joining the Development Academy? If not, then I was not referring to you, and thus, no appeasement would be necessary. If they did, what exactly did they promise you?

If you have gone to the Academy website, and fully educated yourself on the benefits of playing for an Academy team, and then wish to remain at cesa, by all means do so. I have always advocated doing what is best for your own child. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: The Academy is not for everyone; cesa is not for everyone; but the Academy currently provides benefits that cesa cannot.

Regarding the costs of the two – that has been discussed fairly thoroughly...but, if you’re talking about a player on, say, the cesa 92 boys team, who also plays ODP, I believe your costs will be very similar to Academy.

Daddy, you say “that CESA could more than handle Academy competitively and structurally.” I’ll try again – you’re making the same comments, asking the same questions, but you really have not done your reading on the subject. Really, if you’ll take a little time (probably as much time as you’ve spent repeating yourself) and look around the internet some, I believe you can find the information you’re looking for.

Letme, you said your “kid plays at the highest level and plays at a higher level than your kid,” but you don’t say who you’re talking to, or what you’re talking about. What are you talking about?

L
Goal
Goal
L
my comment was a general statement not specific to sc soccer or player, cesa or any other club. i think everyone gets my drift. fyi-parents are the funding source to showcase their kid.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Do we know for a fact that CESA applied for the academy?

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard