Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#132551 04/03/10 10:47 PM
S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
What coach's run some of the most demanding practices.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
That's kind of a tough one to compare don't you think?

S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Quote:

That's kind of a tough one to compare don't you think?

I was just wondering if the top programs run there practices harder than the bottom tier programs. The Dorman's and Wando's run tough practices and the results speak for themselves.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I think most run their practices based on the talent they have..Some programs probably spend alot more time at square one while others hit the ground running..Practices are based on what you have to work with..

S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Quote:

I think most run their practices based on the talent they have..Some programs probably spend alot more time at square one while others hit the ground running..Practices are based on what you have to work with..

That makes perfect sense, however do the coaches starting at square one set high enough goals and demand the team work hard or do they take a more laid back approach.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I think most coaches are demanding but yet at times..let's the girls have some fun..Wando's practices are more demanding based on the talent and where they are as individual soccer players..If you go to a smaller school or say as school that has less players..You can only demand so much from a player that let's say..does not play year round.

S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
I know in competitive tennis it is a big no no to ever practice with lesser players, it will destroy your game quickly. However in soccer you always here coaches and players talking about working on different areas of the game against weaker opponents. Can a team really gain anything from beating a weaker opponent by say 12-14 goals?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I don't think so..
Let's say the coach requires his/her team to take the ball to the touch line and cross and the finish has to be a header against a team that you are winning by ten..Could this be a challenge for most? The bottom line is you are still playing a weak team..They are probably going to be out of position and not playing the way a stronger opponent would.

C
throw in
throw in
C
Tennis as well as soccer is an extermely mental game. If you do not believe me then piss your child off before the game and see what happens. Playing an inferior opponent only affects you if you think you are getting nothing out of the game. If in a tennis match you are playing someone with no backhand, by all means play your best but play to their forehand. If you are a baseline basher then beat them with a serve and volley style. The opponent does not know you are doing this and it will round your game. It is concentration you are developing which is much more valuable than scoring.

S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
So can Tiger Woods who has the strongest mental game in sports go and play with a novice golfer and stay mentally focused, I think not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard