Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
throw in
throw in
L
I do know that my Lady Vol Soccer girls graduated 100% of all players losing none I think, until 2008. One girl that year dropped out of soccer, college, everything and busted their statistics. Of the girls from this past season, all of the seniors played through all of their eligibility and the same is expected this year with only a few weeks left. I have not heard of other similar programs losing so many players through their college career as has been discussed in this thread.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
'Cainhoy, I hope your company is paying big bucks to these kids when they graduate...'

I shouldn't worry about CMU grads getting a good start at our or any other Company. Median income for grads in 2009 (about the worst economic climate to enter the workforce) was 80K.

Source: 2009 CMU post graduation survey (School of Computer Science)

odd that one of the graduating class took 27K. Can only think they took too many classes in compilers, data structures, algorithms, compilers, etc. and missed personal finances or economics 101

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
throw in
throw in
LadyVolDad,
That is great to hear about TN. That is a quality program, and the girls must be happy there, however, some of the other SEC schools do not have that type of record.
I think a lot depends on the style of the coaches, whether the coaches that recruited the student are still at the school when the student actually starts, and also how well the incoming class is assimilated/welcomed into the team. For example, Ole Miss began the year with a highly recruited class of 14 Freshmen - Called "The Herd" - they were the largest class in school history and one of the largest in SEC Women's soccer history. Even so, they are ending the season with only 4 or 5 of that class remaining (two more girls are deciding now whether they will return in the Fall).
Even though Ole Miss had a reasonably successful year, making it to the NCAA, beating teams like FL,GA, Auburn and Alabama, team morale was very low by the end of the Fall and that increased and carried over to the Spring Season. Of the 9 or 10 players that have left (one was on the SEC All-Freshman team)to my knowledge only 2 are transferring to other schools to continue playing soccer.
A few are transferring to other Colleges/Universities, and some are staying but not playing. As of today it was announced that all 3 coaches are leaving (including the Head Coach Steve Holeman)and going to Georgia, so the incoming Class of 2010/11 will face the same issues..coming into a school where the coaches that recruited them are gone and facing the uncertainty that new coaches always bring. I have heard that KY has lost several players this year also, but do not know have first hand knowledge of that team. Moral of the story - Commit based on what the school has to offer, not on the coaches or the soccer program! Four years go by quickly, and as been previously mentioned, a career-ending injury or other issues make it essential that you are where you need to be academically, with the soccer program being the second consideration.

L
Goal
Goal
L
lvd - it doesn't take much looking to find female players dropping off rosters. for starters just look at how many recruits are added each season and do the math from there. or look at how many seniors are listed on various school rosters. for most schools there aren't many seniors listed......clemson may not have any.

S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Quote:

lvd - it doesn't take much looking to find female players dropping off rosters. for starters just look at how many recruits are added each season and do the math from there. or look at how many seniors are listed on various school rosters. for most schools there aren't many seniors listed......clemson may not have any.

Cause the seniors are finished playing there four years and are removed from the spring roster.

L
Goal
Goal
L
sweet feet - now you should know better and realize that i'm not talkng about players that have already played THEIR senior season and removed from the team's roster.

S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Quote:

sweet feet - now you should know better and realize that i'm not talkng about players that have already played THEIR senior season and removed from the team's roster.

If you look at a team roster from Jan thru July/August it's misleading due to the fact that seniors have been removed from fall roster. If one was to look at a teams roster 7 months out of the year it would have zero seniors listed which like I said, is very misleading.

D
throw in
throw in
D
It seems several folks on here have experience as a parent,as a coach, and as a former/curent player in respect to playing college soccer. So, as a parent of a high school student who thinks she wants to play college soccer, what advise would you give as to the "right" path to take and how to approach the whole recruiting process? For instance, is the correct path for girls through premier and ODP or is it something else? Can a good challenge team player get noticed? How do we as parents help support them getting on the radar? Are these recruiting web sites and organizations worth the money?

S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Quote:

It seems several folks on here have experience as a parent,as a coach, and as a former/curent player in respect to playing college soccer. So, as a parent of a high school student who thinks she wants to play college soccer, what advise would you give as to the "right" path to take and how to approach the whole recruiting process? For instance, is the correct path for girls through premier and ODP or is it something else? Can a good challenge team player get noticed? How do we as parents help support them getting on the radar? Are these recruiting web sites and organizations worth the money?

#1. Talk to HS coach and Club coach about your daughters abilities.
#2. Help daughter map out a plan and set realistic goals using the information she received from her coaches.
#3. Build a list of approximately 10 schools that fit with your daughters abilities on the field and yes in the classroom.
#4. Work on a profile of your daughters soccer background and accomplishments and send to the prospective schools soccer coaches email, make sure all info is correct and coaches name is spelled correctly.
#5. Try and whittle down your choices so you can attend a couple camps of schools you are interested in.
As far as the companies that help with the recruiting process save your money for the camps so your daughter can show off her soccer skills to the coaches she would like to play for.
Can a good challenge player get noticed? YES. Camps, HS games, State Cups, Local club college combines, CESA cap program and stay very proactive with the college coaches in SC.
Also ODP is very good for exposure, and your daughter will play with some of the best players in the region during group play.
Good luck.

U
throw in
throw in
U
SC ODP Exposure???? Is this something new?

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard