Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Quote:

SC ODP Exposure???? Is this something new?

Alex Ramsey-2010 LSU: SC ODP exposure.

world cup
world cup
Quote:

Quote:

Again, "The Exception".......not the rule. Sure it can happen, but your daughter better be pretty darn good. Can't remember the last time a South Carolina girl went as far as Alex did in the ODP process. ODP definitely helped Alex get to LSU.

But......if Alex's parents would have invested $400 to send her to LSU's summer player ID camp, do you think she would have caught the coaching staff's attention?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Again, "The Exception".......not the rule. Sure it can happen, but your daughter better be pretty darn good. Can't remember the last time a South Carolina girl went as far as Alex did in the ODP process. ODP definitely helped Alex get to LSU.

But......if Alex's parents would have invested $400 to send her to LSU's summer player ID camp, do you think she would have caught the coaching staff's attention?

Funny thing is her parents sent her to 2 or 3 ID camps at USC and it was at ODP that she caught coach Lee from LSU's attention.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
See where this is headed..It's not any girl that wants to play college ball..Any girl is not going to have those choices..Only a select few that have more choices presented to them than the average.
The average will not play ball at all or will be in a smaller school that will not accommodate several major changes..If a player chooses a school based on playing soccer and soccer does not work out at the school..Is the player going to ask themselves." what am I doing Here"?

L
throw in
throw in
L
dawgknows,
I have heard of several different approaches by different girls that have headed to D1 and D2 schools. We prepared a profile sheet that was a summary of our daughters soccer career and kept it updated. We routinely sent it to various colleges but always had it with us at tournaments. Many coaches would come asn ask if we had such an item. We had an entry in soccerincollege.com, we played for a good club team that played the Atlanta and other big market clubs, and we sent emails to coaches letting them know where we were playing. We went to tournaments where recruiting was common. It paid off. Several of our girls did the same and many went to play college soccer. Of course you should also go to the camps where your preferred schools are so their coaches can see you one on one. Just one approach.

U
throw in
throw in
U
1 girl out of how many???? If I had it to do all over it would be 2 summer soccer camps a year beginning her freshman year. SC ODP needs to be broken up and started over with new leadership.

S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Quote:

1 girl out of how many???? If I had it to do all over it would be 2 summer soccer camps a year beginning her freshman year. SC ODP needs to be broken up and started over with new leadership.

I used Alex as an example at LSU due to the fact the coach saw her at ODP and based his offer on what he saw at ODP not camp, not club ,ODP. I try and keep my daughter out of any discussions unless asked for an opinion so here goes, she was given a nice offer from a coach that only saw her play at the ODP event in Alabama,and btw she chose a different school so thats two that I know for sure and there are many more. If you look at college rosters, over 90% have ODP experience.
As far as SC ODP, I agree with you unclebuck.

O
throw in
throw in
O
Uncle Buck: Your idea of 1 or 2 camps each summer beginning freshman year is a good one. I would like to take it a step further and say that making the "all-star game" or actually being put in the group to play with or against the incoming freshman recruits should be a goal while at the camp.

S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Quote:

Uncle Buck: Your idea of 1 or 2 camps each summer beginning freshman year is a good one. I would like to take it a step further and say that making the "all-star game" or actually being put in the group to play with or against the incoming freshman recruits should be a goal while at the camp.

Problem is you have one shot at making an impression, bad showing and your done. That's the problem with going as a Freshman, you have one shot at doing something that the coach likes that will put you on his radar, bad showing and your wasting your time.

U
throw in
throw in
U
i should of rephrased it. narrow down the colleges you want to attend and attend their camps. CASL Soccer website lists the pool teams for the past 5 years for southeast odp pool teams. you'll have a hard time finding a sc player on it.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard