Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
throw in
throw in
D
LVT and Sweet- Thanks for those perspectives. Those are very tangible suggestions we can use.

In SC on the girls side, it seems that good teams are very limited and many clubs put their resources into the boys sides. It is frustrating trying to find a decent team on which my daughter wants to play. For her it is about the level of play but also the level of character of her teammates. I think we are close to coming up with a short list of teams, but most involve driving across the state. Is this going too far? She will be a U-17 player this fall. I am wondering if we are crazy to be considering this at all at this point. Should we just play local and then go to ID camps, ODP, etc or should we focus on the best teams, tournaments, etc?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
dawg,
Check your mailbox

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

i should of rephrased it. narrow down the colleges you want to attend and attend their camps. CASL Soccer website lists the pool teams for the past 5 years for southeast odp pool teams. you'll have a hard time finding a sc player on it.

Are you talking about the ODP region pool or odp region III teams. mine made the region pool as a holdover 3 years and i know 2 other girls her age that also made it from sc. no girl from sc her age made the region team if that is what you are talking about.
you may be talking about the super y odp that casl has listed.
as far as exposure most of the offers mine got did come from odp. a big part of that was going to the odp camp in california. some of the offers were from playing in the bigger tournys and region III league.
you should go to the camps of schools you would like to play for but like someone said,if you have a bad showing then it could be bad for you. a lot of college camps are like many ( not all) high school games. you get a mix of talent levels and age groups and a coach may not always get a good look at a player with 300 kids on a field.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard