Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

irmo is good and so is wando. game will be at irmo with irmo's assistant coach assigning the referees. so for wando to win they will have not to just beat irmo but will have to do so convincingly. hard to do that at irmo when their assistant dennis cook picks and pays the refs. will be nhs and ft mill with trojans coming out of top. this wolf believes that the trojans will prevail against irmo 3-2.

Question for the masses--has Dennis Cook been an assistant at Irmo for all the years that Coach Savitz has been at Irmo?
If that is the case, then there needs to be an asterisk by all fourteen (?fifteen?) of those titles that Coach Savitz and Irmo has won over those years because Wolfie here has uncovered a sinister plot that has obviously allowed Irmo to win all those trophies that sit in the trophy case at IHS. Really Wolfie, this tired old excuse for Irmo winning is the best you can do? This belittles not only the character of Dennis but also the character of all of the many refs that have called the Irmo games over the years.

Good luck to all the teams as they enter the playoffs in the next few weeks. And for the record, Irmo has to beat Lexington in their rematch to win the region and get home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

throw in
throw in
I have Lexington and Irmo, with the cats pulling off one of the greatest upsets in sports history.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Quote:

irmo is good and so is wando. game will be at irmo with irmo's assistant coach assigning the referees. so for wando to win they will have not to just beat irmo but will have to do so convincingly. hard to do that at irmo when their assistant dennis cook picks and pays the refs. will be nhs and ft mill with trojans coming out of top. this wolf believes that the trojans will prevail against irmo 3-2.

Did not help Irmo last year in the national championship game. That is one trophy Irmo will never win.

bench
bench
Is irmo lower state or upper this year? My understanding was they were a team that floated back and forth year to year.

Brace
Brace
Irmo is lower. My feeling is Wando vs Irmo in Lower State.

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

Quote:

Question for the masses--has Dennis Cook been an assistant at Irmo for all the years that Coach Savitz has been at Irmo?
If that is the case, then there needs to be an asterisk by all fourteen (?fifteen?) of those titles that Coach Savitz and Irmo has won over those years because Wolfie here has uncovered a sinister plot that has obviously allowed Irmo to win all those trophies that sit in the trophy case at IHS. Really Wolfie, this tired old excuse for Irmo winning is the best you can do? This belittles not only the character of Dennis but also the character of all of the many refs that have called the Irmo games over the years.

Good luck to all the teams as they enter the playoffs in the next few weeks. And for the record, Irmo has to beat Lexington in their rematch to win the region and get home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Actually even if Lexington were to beat Irmo, they would be co-region champs assuming they both win the rest of their region games, but Irmo would still be the number 1 seed b/c of their overall record. And I wouldn't count Lexington out either for lowerstate.

G'd up from the feet up
sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
another nw vs irmo final...nw winning again 3-2

One Time!
H
goal kick
goal kick
H
Irmo 2-1 over NW based on the fact their earlier meeting this season wasn't all that close. That is if Irmo can get past Wando though, last year they left it pretty late. Have to pick NW getting to the final until SOMEBODY/ANYBODY proves otherwise. Really hoping someone can have a surprise run in the Upstate just to shake things up. Still think Irmo wins it regardless though.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
yo socdad, u really believe that the fact that dennis cook assigns the refs and no one on the other sideline has a say so has no bearing? i am not saying that irmo would not have won any game this year due to unfair calls, but it sure does smell. the appearance of impropriety is just a s bad as real wrong itself. in last year's state final, irmo got a pk for what i dont know and i have watched that incident a gazillion times. neither the linesman nor center ref did anything. then center ref goes to sidelines of irmo and low and behold he then calls a pk. fortunately for northestern the score was 3-1. if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, probably is a duck. i'm just saying....

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
Go check out that Irmo/Wando State Final back in 2002. Sure didn't help having Dennis in that game. That might have been the biggest hose job I've ever seen. Quit complaining. When Irmo was down for a couple years recently in 06, 07 nobody was saying anything about Dennis being on the sideline then. Everybody has calls go for them and everybody has calls go against them so it all works out anyways. Its just how the games go.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard